The MK11 New Meta and Gameplay Info Thread

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by CrimsonShadow, Jan 17, 2019.

1. chrisofrays

chrisofrays Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze

I wonder how strong Oki will be in this game as the safe armoured wakeups seem to have a smaller hitbox that hits just infront of them. I wonder if a sweep/hard knockdown will be abke to set you up for a cross up that could punish a whiffed armoured wake up. If so the Hop universal overhead could be pretty good.

2. SaltShaker

SaltShaker In Zoning We Trust

I followed you all the way to the hop universal OH. How do you think that would apply to the WU game?

3. chrisofrays

Because the Hop OH causes a knockdown on hit instead of hit stun like a street fighter game, it might not always be a great option if they can get an armoured wake up pretty quickly after.

Will need to see some videos on how fast people recover after.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    DanCock and SaltShaker like this.
  4. SaltShaker

SaltShaker In Zoning We Trust

Ah I see what you're saying now. Yea would be good to see someone test this out during the stress test.

chrisofrays likes this.
  5. chrisofrays

Its because Cage doesnt have an overhead im theroy crafting as i will have to learn how to play propperly hahah :p

SaltShaker likes this.
  6. Ermaculate_Slim

Ermaculate_Slim We are Many!!!

PSN:
    Slim504
    Say I have a question.What are the inputs for tech roles I don't see it in the post.

7. Apex Kano

Apex Kano Kano Commando main MKX

XBL:
    Apex Kano
    This game seems like uppercut city! Takes me back to the old skool MK days

8. I’ve seen someone post it was fL2 ( forward LT )

9. exflyingbooty

exflyingbooty This dream has a sad ending

Does anyone know if you can get a full combo off any of the short hop buttons? jw

10. Marinjuana

Marinjuana Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

No, not from the three characters we've seen. I'm assuming every character will be the same in this regard but there may be particular setups that could combo into it similar to Ice Clone/Fart Cloud/etc.

11. AK Harold

AK Harold Noob

PSN:
    MyNameHarold
    Steam:
    Exebeast
    They are cancellable but I think that will be more for on block mind games.

12. galaxyjack

galaxyjack Noob

I wonder if we can unlock secret abilities in Krypt. I have never played Injustice 2 but there are dozens of unlockable abilities in that game.

13. Question; for Krushing Blows that are special cancellable, do you input the special move after the KB animation, or at the same time you would special cancel for a normal string?

14. BecomingDeath13

Premium Supporter

Neither.. Kinda. I mean you do the cancel during the kb animation but close to the end of the animation. I know some people mash it over and over hoping it comes out. Personally, (in regards to Scorpion's 34KB) I wait and input the special once. The timing itself is weird because of how long you need to delay the input, but I got it consistently after a bit of practice.

15. Bloodfang

Bloodfang Noob

Yeah it took a bit to figure out but after I did I got it consistently. If it's easy enough that I can do it then anybody can with practice.