What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
After spending a long time reading the patch notes my takeaway is there is a lot more good than bad.

Regarding F3, on paper F3 crushing lows is a great change, especially if it's invincibility to lows starts from or near the beginning of startup. F343 not being special cancelled just means changes in combos, it sucks that the old damage might not be reached again with this change but I'm sure we as a group will come up with good alternatives. F344 as a HKD and -11 might potentially be completely safe due to the low hitbox and roll back on the last part of the string.

Last edited:

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
After spending a long time reading the patch notes my takeaway is there is a lot more good than bad.

Regarding F3, on paper F3 crushing lows is a great change, especially if it's invincibility to lows starts from or near the beginning of startup. F343 not being special cancelled just means changes in combos, it sucks that the old damage might not be reached again with this change but I'm sure we as a group will come up with good alternatives. F344 as a HKD and -9 might potentially be completely safe due to the low hitbox and roll back on the last part of the string.
I don't think it low profiles, since Jax's regular dash punch was able to punish it

But still pretty safe

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'm glad she can still cancel into roll after f34. I heard a rumor that she couldn't and I was HELLA salty lol, this isn't as bad and glad that people are finding that f344 is pretty safe. Still emo, but not AS emo.

TheGabStandard

Also 21u4 no longer has a gap!
Gameplay wise this is great so there is no longer any fears of it being armoured through. Personally it sucks as I was in the middle of working/editing a video which showcased every character's strings that has a gap and which ones Mileena can EX Roll or normal Roll through. I guess I probably noe need to re-record some stuff due to changes from this patch

Also how do you guys think the air attacks nerf affects us? Roll will be an even better antiair now but if other characters can antiair easier it might be an indirect nerf because she had one of the best antiairs.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Are you doing it from a certain distance or so? Cause out of 20 or so tries, subby wasn't able to armor 4 times
I haven't actually. But Goro wasnt able to armor through it outta the 5 or so tries. That also might be a "breathing hitboxes" sorta thing or because Sub's slide low profiles under the u4? Have to try that out tomorrow.

TheGabStandard

And almost forgot. I didn't try to see if the second hit in F12 still whiffs on Raiden or not fyi.
I got my friend to test it and told me 2 no longer whiffs on Raiden, the full string hits whether standing or crouch blocking :D

When I get back I will run F12 against the cast and update my thread accordingly. If this issue is removed with F12 whiffing on certain characters then rejoice!

Regarding F3, on paper F3 crushing lows is a great change, especially if it's invincibility to lows starts from or near the beginning of startup. F343 not being special cancelled just means changes in combos, it sucks that the old damage might not be reached again with this change but I'm sure we as a group will come up with good alternatives. F344 as a HKD and -9 might potentially be completely safe due to the low hitbox and roll back on the last part of the string.
I agree. Though I must ask one thing.
Piercing b12 being plus is great, but can Mileena actually frame trap mashed D3s with stuff that isn't Roll? I think D1 will work in the corner, maybe, but b12 creates a bit too much space on block for D1 to reach. Roll IS an option but an extremely risky one.

TheGabStandard

I agree. Though I must ask one thing.
Piercing b12 being plus is great, but can Mileena actually frame trap mashed D3s with stuff that isn't Roll? I think D1 will work in the corner, maybe, but b12 creates a bit too much space on block for D1 to reach. Roll IS an option but an extremely risky one.
I'm not sure. Max range B12 you might be able to hit a d4 afterwards but i'm not sure about other potential frame traps. I plan to look into it when I get home.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

f344 is - 11, its f343 that got made -9

F3 seems to go over low pokes after you are airborne as long as they don't hit the windup.

Still think they should have made it a little faster especially since they took away the damage.

Anyone find anything better than 35% from F343?

F3 seems to go over low pokes after you are airborne as long as they don't hit the windup.
That's what I was concerned about. If that's true, it seems you can't make a read and F3 out of D3/D4 frame pressure.
Is F3 guaranteed to land if you jump a D3/D4? Or can they recover in time to block/armor out?

you can get 37 percent from f34~roll cancel.

The jump in nerf is huge to me. I can U3 jump kicks. and meterburn U3 is 42% damage.