What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Jolt

Uprise
OK VERY IMPORTANT GUYS!!!

I just spoke to Derek from NRS and here is what's up. F3,4,3 is still special cancelable but F3,4,4 is no longer cancelable.
Appreciate it. Either way wouldn't have been the end of the world but it's nice to be able to know FOR SURE now. You're the man! I can definitely live with f344 not being cancelable, I barely used it and half the time it just got blocked. The other half of the time was EX Ball roll :D

Jolt

Uprise
Haha, we'll try to relax but no promises. After having that completely confirmed, I'd say we're in a good place. I'd still like some work done to the normal fade on ethereal. EITHER faster startup or lower recovery, don't even need both. I'd still like a little more in the way of frames, but I know I'm being greedy.

Jolt

Uprise
You can hit and run off of most of her strings, when blocked, with regular Fade, so it's still very useful.
It is useful, I won't deny that. I use it a lot, I just feel that having it would help ease her meter reliance. An ethereal Mileena playing smart will no doubt generate a significant amount of meter, but not NEARLY as quickly as some characters like Kitana and Kung Lao. Having a more usable fade would just help with that.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
OK VERY IMPORTANT GUYS!!!

I just spoke to Derek from NRS and here is what's up. F3,4,3 is still special cancelable but F3,4,4 is no longer cancelable.
thank you, sir. i was honestly a tad depressed to believe that the overhead damage capabilities were stripped from her. sucks the F344 is a hard knockdown though. i feel a bit better lol

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
You guys are wrong, I saw paulo's reply to Salt's tweet and he said "she can do roll after F343 but not after F344"
Which means that she can still combo into roll after a F343 hits BUUUT she is mot canceling the string itself so you can't cancel it into anything on block and on hit you can only do a roll afterwards. The F343~telekick combos are fucked.

FTR. I feel like F344 will be 100% safe since the motion she does lowers her hitbox a lot and she rolls back so I doubt anyone will be able to punish that if it's -9.

Jolt

Uprise
I guess one of the Xbox One guys needs to get on and settle the matter once and for all lol

I'm sure it was like we originally expected where you just can't actually cancel into a special on the end.

But you can do f343 run f23 roll njp run b22 pounce. Or something like that. Should still hit 40% or so at the cost of a little stamina but no meter. I'm sure someone else can come up with something even more ideal. We don't NEED the special cancel. Ok, online we might lol

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
well guys, just downloaded the patch on xbox and sadly, the F343xxtelekick is gone. all u can do is a delayed ball roll. seriously, why in the fuck did they change this? i really hope this gets put back in next patch because this is seriously unfair and unnecessary.

Jolt

Uprise
well guys, just downloaded the patch on xbox and sadly, the F343xxtelekick is gone. all u can do is a delayed ball roll. seriously, why in the fuck did they change this?
Does the HKD from f344 feel alright? and can you confirm any other changes? or maybe experiment with the low crush? I can't wait until tomorrow! lol

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
She still gets 32% from her overhead in Ethereal, so more in others I'm sure. You just have to hit confirm now after the initial F34, which, due to the slow animations, isn't bad.

Jeffrey Wolf

I agree about trading damage for crushing lows. 37%+ doesn't matter if you can't ever hit it.

As for ending combos in 4u3, 1+2, definitely swag, but stops all pressure.

Jeffrey Wolf

Actually, 34% with Ethereal off of the overhead if you use the TakeAChance style combo (i.e. JK, then Tele-Kick right after the Roll), but I can never get those consistently, lol.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Glad no one is sitting here crying but instead are just trying to find new ways to get damage. Remember when Cassie players lost the F3,4 cancel ability & thought they would never get over 40% damage with a combo lol?

Be appreciative of what you did get & work around the nerf. If you are as good as you claim you want to be then you will find ways to make it work. I know I've done that.

Yoaks

A spaceman
So the patch is available to install for Ps4 now and I went and did some testing. F3 properly low crushing low pokes is awesome but loses her 2in1 canceling and combo-ability with F344 along with it being -11. I didn't test how plus she is if it hits so will have to do that tomorrow along with what characters can punish her.

F343 is fine imo. B12 in Piercing is great and 4u3 being +2 is pretty cool but will have to use it sparingly since its a high. Still nice.

But the biggest change I notice (and tried out immediately) is F12B4 in Piercing no longer pushes your opponent away!!! This is great cause now we can mixup our opponent in this variation with Ex Roll.

I also tried out Ravenous to see if f12 can tick into Low Pounce aswell with f23 but nope. It doesn't. rip.

Didn't mess with Ethereal cause I'am tired and I'm currently in bed about to pass out lol.

So yeeea...

Fuck Quan.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Does the HKD from f344 feel alright? and can you confirm any other changes? or maybe experiment with the low crush? I can't wait until tomorrow! lol
i haven't played around with it much but the F344 string seems pretty useless now.
Glad no one is sitting here crying but instead are just trying to find new ways to get damage. Remember when Cassie players lost the F3,4 cancel ability & thought they would never get over 40% damage with a combo lol?

Be appreciative of what you did get & work around the nerf. If you are as good as you claim you want to be then you will find ways to make it work. I know I've done that.
you're absolutely right. it's just questionable as to why they would take it upon themselves to nerf a character who isn't exactly in the position to be receiving nerfs. i've already found a few workarounds for her F343 string but nothing as good like before. oh well...

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
F344 knocks them back too far imo, you can try to keep them in check with a low sai, but I was expecting some oki off it