What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
please tell me why in the fuck would they remove her F343, F344 combos? Mileena needs all the damage she can get. this is the most ridiculous change they've made to her. not that i rely on them every match, but they are so beneficial at certain points and now they will be useless. good bye meterless 39% combos. u will truly be missed.

Jolt

Uprise
This is the combo that only completes in the corner right (and chains into 1+2)?

Was it special cancelable on hit before?
It wasn't ever special cancelable on hit, but you could on block before I'm pretty sure. I'm 100% certain you could with EX fade. You could occasionally make it connect in midscreen with some sorcery, it just wasn't the most ideal ender....not even close to ideal lol.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
please tell me why in the fuck would they remove her F343, F344 combos? Mileena needs all the damage she can get. this is the most ridiculous change they've made to her. not that i rely on them every match, but they are so beneficial at certain points and now they will be useless. good bye meterless 39% combos. u will truly be missed.
Not useless, but I'm having a hard time understanding why they would take that away when she was obviously one of the weaker characters

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Read the notes closely guys. It's a nerf to the option select off of F3,4,4 & F3,4,3. You can still special cancel it you just can't option select off of it no more. 2 in 1 meant the option select mechanic that one action would happen if a move came out on block but another move came out on hit. If I'm reading this right it's still special cancelable but you have to commit to a move & can't use an option select.

Jolt

Uprise
Read the notes closely guys. It's a nerf to the option select off of F3,4,4 & F3,4,3. You can still special cancel it you just can't option select off of it no more. 2 in 1 meant the option select mechanic that one action would happen if a move came out on block but another move came out on hit. If I'm reading this right it's still special cancelable but you have to commit to a move & can't use an option select.
Oh, thank goodness. I won't lie, I didn't even know that we could option select that one. If that's the change, then we're good. We're in a better place, got some tools and frames that we needed. Glad you're here to give some observation and words of wisdom, we just hope you're right! lol

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I deleted my post....why NRS have to make everything so confusing?????
My question: how good is the low crush property of F3? I mean Johnny can do a couple of D4s but If I press F3 I'm immune to them?

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
It seems kind of redundant mentioning just that string alone and not her other ones, even when OS are already listed as gone across the board for everyone, but I hope you're right

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
I'm pretty confident in that the change was to the option select not to the special cancel ability. Whenever someone gets the patch can you all test it to be certain I'm correct on this?

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
I'm hoping NRS is just being confusing af and this is actually what they meant.

add to that they made f344 a hard knockdown.
This is the one thing I question. Removing the ability to combo off this doesn't make sense to me, and I WISH they'd have gone over it on stream cause that's pretty big. But they really didn't mention any nerfs on stream so...

But I'm still optimistic about it, and I don't think she suffered all that much if at all.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
This is the one thing I question. Removing the ability to combo off this doesn't make sense to me, and I WISH they'd have gone over it on stream cause that's pretty big. But they really didn't mention any nerfs on stream so...

But I'm still optimistic about it, and I don't think she suffered all that much if at all.
youd still be able to do f343 into a not canceled roll im guessing.

big question for me with the f3string changes interesting too see how muck knockdown frames the f344 gives that it a hard knockdown now

youd still be able to do f343 into a not canceled roll im guessing.

big question for me with the f3string changes interesting too see how muck knockdown frames the f344 gives that it a hard knockdown now
Yeah Derek was doing f343 into delayed Roll when they played. But it could just be he doesn't practice the telekick part, so I still wouldn't rule that out yet.

The f344 change blows my mind. But if it gives a ton of advantage, maybe the Hard KND will be pretty useful in the long run.

LeoMK29

Noob
F344 being a hard knockdown sucks. I used that combo a lot and had gotten so used to it. Wtf. I'm not even salty, more liked depressed. Lol. We'll see how the new changes work though.

Jolt

Uprise
I just took the current ravenous into the lab. Losing f344 as a low combo mixup might hurt SOME (but I'll be honest, I didn't use it too often). Hopefully with it being an HKD they'll give it better advantage than 8. from the f343 starter with no roll connected on the string, I'm not sure we're losing any damage actually. Can anyone quote their percentages? I'm an ethereal main and my damage off the string has never been stellar anyways.

In ravenous, doing f343 into f2~roll yadda yadda I get 43% for one bar mid scsreen and 39% no meter. If it's not just OS like Saltface said, it really isn't as much of a loss as we were making it out to be

EDIT: Except I see now with the teleport kick combo, I can do 42% no meter by doing f343~tele. I see the difference but I think the low crush and the reduced negative frames might help smooth it over