What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

I have to agree with the majority that she isn't spectacular. To me, though, this is part of the appeal. She isn't a character everyone is trying to figure out how to beat. You can stay random and keep people guessing. If she ever wins anything, then we'll have to worry. Until then, I'm happy with her being in the shadows, waiting for her time to strike. Like if they ever buff telekick.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Well I keep hearing that she is bottom tier so it would be fair for low block only. Lol
The move always hit mid from MK2 days. And Roll as a low would be overpowered bordering stupid territory. The main reason I keep hearing she is bottom tier is because she has no 50/50 and that supposedly makes or breaks a character in this game. I don't think that's true but it is what it is

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
The move always hit mid from MK2 days. And Roll as a low would be overpowered bordering stupid territory. The main reason I keep hearing she is bottom tier is because she has no 50/50 and that supposedly makes or breaks a character in this game. I don't think that's true but it is what it is
To be fair I think the fact that most of her stuff is super unsafe is the main issue

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I don't think she is low tier, but I also think she isn't the best. I also feel like people downplay her because on paper, everything is unsafe but not everything that is listed as being unsafe is punishable. So it's downplay with things that on paper for the most part.

I also feel like that she has a high learning curve compared to all of the choices that I've gone through. It tools me a while before I began finding decent stuff with her. She's my strongest character up to this point so more than likely she'll be who I use to start with in tournaments ( & Scorpion). I'll do my best. Hopefully, she takes me far.

Most people just throw out numbers & charts based on what they see in tournament play & what they've seen out of other characters thus far. Still too early tbh. Not all of the characters are seen to their full potential. Nor are all match up numbers are completely figured to say.

She has ways of moving in & out with her telekick & ball being 2 examples. B12 F23 are examples of how she can create distance. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think she struggles like people assume.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I've also gotten word from Pig of the Hut that she has Option Select Tech. Supposed to be posted soon. That's what I heard.
He does. Will be shown in episode3 of The Armory
its not a option select like jaxs j2~special cancel is but,
think its just same thing everyone can do at the min (was in mk9 aswell j360 found them) dial up the string and mash a direction after the special

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I don't think she is low tier, but she isn't the best. I also feel like people downplay her because on paper, everything is unsafe but not everything that is listed as being unsafe is punishable. So it's downplay with things that on paper for the most part.

Most people just throw out numbers & charts based on what they see in tournament play & what they've seen out of other characters. Still too early tbh. She has ways of moving in & out with her telekick & ball being 2 examples. B12 F23 are examples of how she can create distance. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think she struggles like people assume.
i think if telekick and low sai was plus on hit.
ex ethereal teleport actually did something
id have nothing to complain about.
(i still dont like f44 is a punish on block seeing as it can be f4~special cancel can be interupted so even f4~pounce unsafe to do)

come to live with d1 not working,
doubt the ex telekick whiffing on hit will be fixed but that makes the fact normal tele not good even worse.
im fine with ex roll being her only decent overhead starter, would be nice if standing 3 was overhead like kung jins but it isnt.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
All she needs are better strings or plus on some specials. F4 string could be great but it's not. If she had better mud string lows the low throw could act as a stand in overhead in strings. If her enders left her closer she'd be able to better keep up her pressure. If low sai was better on block and hit she'd have better pressure. If high throw was a real throw etc

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
While I can see the potential, can you specify?
It's just any time there is a situation where there is a low you can simply special cancel into the overhead throw. It can actually cause the opponent to create mashing situations to not deal with it or make it easier to get. Also the overhead throw is unbreakable that's why there is very good potential and really good on paper.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, that reset in the corner. It doesn't provide enough advantage to guarantee anything :(

The opponent can simply jump out.

Gefen

Noob
Did anyone try to implement the OS into his game?
I feel there are at least two main moves that it can be used with.
1) b1,2 OS bd4 - Pretty obvious, great footsies tools, neutral on block, 30% + oki on hit. What there is not to like about it?
2) f4 OS bd4 - This, in my opinion should be really broken, low into full combo on hit, and on block you should get the full string f4,4 which is -4 on block. As bonus it blows up neutral jumps, or trade to the very least.

I actually wasn't able to perform any of those OS in training mode, but I'm quite new to the system and MK gaming. Did anyone experiment with the idea? Any reason why any of this OS can't work?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
So, that reset in the corner. It doesn't provide enough advantage to guarantee anything :(

The opponent can simply jump out.
b2 will catch jumps but I will test it further. It's not flawless and it's really unsafe but this is Mileena so take what you can get.