What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

B1 stagger probs better in the corner than B12. I mean, B12 is still safe, just obviously no plus frames. (this is assuming block of course). -1 isn't that big of a deal really. They're still gonna have to try and counter with something relatively quick. A lot of people mash pokes. If you recognize that they use d3 instead of d1 a lot, Wham F3 lol u forgot bout dat move.

If you are quick enough to confirm B1 (I'm not because I'm old), then B12 would still be alright in the corner on hit for obvious reasons.
F3 doesn't work that way, unless they changed something about the low crush frames.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
With the air sai recovery buff that should help with the leniency of her ...xx roll, b34xx air sai, RC, b212+4 BnB in piercing.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I was wondering if someone was on today and could help me learn proper mileena combo theory, i'm struggling to get good damage with her u__u

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Question, has anyone checked if 21U4 still has a gap? Played a mirror in casuals during a tournament and couldn't armour through. Not sure if my timing sucked or the gap has been removed.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Question, has anyone checked if 21U4 still has a gap? Played a mirror in casuals during a tournament and couldn't armour through. Not sure if my timing sucked or the gap has been removed.
oh recentt tourny? any footage? and ye as baconlord said there's still a gap, only on a few bigger hitbox chars is there no gap/sometimes cant armor.

TheGabStandard

oh recentt tourny? any footage? and ye as baconlord said there's still a gap, only on a few bigger hitbox chars is there no gap/sometimes cant armor.
Yeah AFK Rotterdam this past weekend. There is a stream archive on their twitch channel. I was going to link it and timestamp the matches but haven't got around to it yet. Feel free to check it out

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yeah AFK Rotterdam this past weekend. There is a stream archive on their twitch channel. I was going to link it and timestamp the matches but haven't got around to it yet. Feel free to check it out
was there a thread made for this?? when searching for afk rotterdam and closest one i got was from feb 7th?

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Does anyone know what frame Mileena lowers her hurtbox during the (regular, non-ex) roll? I know the roll first *hits* on frame 8, but I'm pretty sure Mileena lowers her hurtbox before that. Noticed this when trying to do Reptile f412 ex invis into another f412. Ex invis is +5, and it should be really easy to stuff an 8 frame attack with Reptile f4 (9 frame startup), but it's way harder than stuffing anything else including KL's spin or Cassie's flip.

Unless I randomly have some sort of block with Mileena and only mess up vs her, I think she lowers her hitbox on frame 5 or 6, and it's a 1 or 2 frame link for Reptile to stuff roll after ex invis.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Help me out here, friends: on a scale of one to Hollywood Cassie, how important are her iA Sais? I've been on a roll (ha, Mileena humor) since picking up Piercing, but I want to make sure I'm doing things right instead of just developing dumb habits.
I mean I know any manner of iA projectile needs to have precision to be of max value, but I also remember watching Pig's Mileena in MK9 (yes, totally different game, but Mileena herself hasn't changed all that much) and having an iA Sai game was almost a non-issue, and I'm wondering what the stance on it is now. It doesn't seem to me that it serves as crucial a purpose to her as most characters who rely on iA tactics other than adding another layer to her neutral game.

@1man3letters @A F0xy Grampa @YOMI RM SaltFace @Mileenas Everywhere

TheGabStandard

Help me out here, friends: on a scale of one to Hollywood Cassie, how important are her iA Sais? I've been on a roll (ha, Mileena humor) since picking up Piercing, but I want to make sure I'm doing things right instead of just developing dumb habits.
I mean I know any manner of iA projectile needs to have precision to be of max value, but I also remember watching Pig's Mileena in MK9 (yes, totally different game, but Mileena herself hasn't changed all that much) and having an iA Sai game was almost a non-issue, and I'm wondering what the stance on it is now. It doesn't seem to me that it serves as crucial a purpose to her as most characters who rely on iA tactics other than adding another layer to her neutral game.

Your last sentence sums it up. It is not essential but well worth learning and executing for extra layers in neutral and any potential combo for catching an airborne opponent.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion

Ground sais are super good on there own. IA is mainly used to catch people trying to jump your sais. Air sais are probably one of the easier IA to do so with practice you can get them down

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Your last sentence sums it up. It is not essential but well worth learning and executing for extra layers in neutral and any potential combo for catching an airborne opponent.
Ground sais are super good on there own. IA is mainly used to catch people trying to jump your sais. Air sais are probably one of the easier IA to do so with practice you can get them down
Beautiful. You guys are the best.
I make them work the same way I used to do with Deathstroke's iA Shots, ala delaying or empty back jumping into something else. I
can't get them perfectly low as can be, which would normally bug the shit out of me because I'm not crazy about sticking with characters if I can't 10/10 their most important stuff (ie. Hollywood or Liu Kang's iA's or pretty much any DBF/DFB grab), but Mileena's like the exception to the necessity rule since she has far more options in or coming out of the air.

Nothing says I love you like faking an Air Sai and catching someone running in to attack. Mmmmmmmm.