What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Finally got to try out Mileena for a few minutes and I think I have noticed a nice quality of life buff. Unless my execution has levelled up more I am certain Sadistic Ways is more easier to land on extended combos than before. Is there anyone else that can confirm this?

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Finally got to try out Mileena for a few minutes and I think I have noticed a nice quality of life buff. Unless my execution has levelled up more I am certain Sadistic Ways is more easier to land on extended combos than before. Is there anyone else that can confirm this?
give me a combo to try and i'll see if i can confirm.

TheGabStandard

give me a combo to try and i'll see if i can confirm.
Combos that had strict timing.

JK xx telekick xx air sai, F23 xx Roll, B212+4: was very hard to hit pre-patch

NJP, B34 xx air sai, F2 xx Roll, B212+4: Not that hard pre patch but still had a small window to make Sadistic Ways connect.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'

NJP, B34 xx air sai, F2 xx Roll, B212+4: Not that hard pre patch but still had a small window to make Sadistic Ways connect.
they both felt the same as before. maybe ur just too pro for me lol.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?

It does feel easier to me too, and it feels like the (2) in b12 is faster. Looks faster too. Also b1 in Piercing is safe now, -2 as opposed to -7 from before, and f4 is 15f.

Here are some new bnbs for Piercing. These can be dome with the other variations too, but with a few substitutes, but same end result more or less:

TheGabStandard

It does feel easier to me too, and it feels like the (2) in b12 is faster. Looks faster too. Also b1 in Piercing is safe now, -2 as opposed to -7 from before, and f4 is 15f.

Here are some new bnbs for Piercing. These can be dome with the other variations too, but with a few substitutes, but same end result more or less:

That is good to hear. That is a nice corner combo. I found a similar 54% but with a slightly delayed B12 instead of B21. I will try your version though as it seems that will be easier to land consistently.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
That is good to hear. That is a nice corner combo. I found a similar 54% but with a slightly delayed B12 instead of B21. I will try your version though as it seems that will be easier to land consistently.
Yeah I used b12 too but it added gravity and did less damage and changed timing depending on hitbox. B21 works across the board.

Also, f44 was made 1f more negative, so unlike before, we now can be punished by 8f normals and there's still a gap, and f4 is still unsafe. Hell of a lot safer, but still unsafe -____-

EXair sais have the same gap as regular and low sais do, but its safe on block if they block both hits.

D3 is -7(-6), punishable by 6f reversals and force block on 6f normals.

*edit: never mind about 21 being changed. I could've sworn it was different on block data yesterday*

B34 I THINK is safer too, or it was b3, I dont have anything on ATM to double check (but the other numbers I remember)

Last edited:

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I think it's due to the faster recovery after Air Sai, if I'm reading you correct. I immediately went back into the lab to try out (for ex.) 123-Roll-B34-Air Sai-run cancel-B21 2+4. It felt a lot better. Still a quick run cancel, but definitely more consistent after the B34-Air Sai. I tried B12, 21, and F12B4 as starters, as well. I found all easier.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
as for b12, i also feel the 2 comes out faster. also noticed that the gravity feels different than from the beta. seemed to be more forgiving in the beta.

as for b12, i also feel the 2 comes out faster. also noticed that the gravity feels different than from the beta. seemed to be more forgiving in the beta.
I was just about to say the same thing. I notice a slight gravity change that is giving me difficulty in connecting a roll after ex telex into air sai. Sometimes they just drop too fast, and if I do connect and then njp, they drop way too fast to connect the b21 2+4 afterwards... Anyone else feeling a gravity change? That used to be a 10/10 combo for me and now it's not.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I was just about to say the same thing. I notice a slight gravity change that is giving me difficulty in connecting a roll after ex telex into air sai. Sometimes they just drop too fast, and if I do connect and then njp, they drop way too fast to connect the b21 2+4 afterwards... Anyone else feeling a gravity change? That used to be a 10/10 combo for me and now it's not.
I have no idea what combo you're trying to do, but after any string into EXtele~air sai, do b1, b12~roll, slight walk forward and b21, 2+4. Should work across the board with a little practice and if it doesn't, you can do b1, b1 and it will then connect.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Its funny cuz i never knew you could just hold 1+3 all along. I've always been doing it the hard way. But the way i time it is by pressing 1+3 as soon as she levels the opponent on the ground if that makes sense.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
So the "official" Patch Notes are in: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/MKXL-Patch-notes-3-1-2016/ba-p/1059689

***First, I'll change the letters to our understandable 1, 2, 3, 4:

-D1 is now 6f startup and -5 on block, down from 9f and -4 on block
-D3 is now 8f startup and -7(-6) on block, down from 10f and -1 on block (it can be punished by 6f reversals, whoop dee doo -___-)
-F4 is now 15f startup and -9(-8) on block, down from 17f and -32(-31) on block
-B4 has increased pushback and is now -4 on block, up from -8
-Sais have 3 less recovery frames and -8 on block, up from -12, || +14 on hit now, up from +11
-EX Sais have 5 less recovery frames and -2 on block, up from -8 || +20 on hit now, up from +15; gap is still present

- Air Sais are now 13f startup, down from technically 17f, removed 3 recovery frames and can now be combo'd on hit | on block and on hit frame data appear roughly the same for Air Sais and EX Air Sais, as it's not stated in the notes and in game data is wrong; gap is still there

Ravenous:
-High Pounce is now 12f startup, down from 15, increased range and hitbox, and now -3 on block, up from -7 || 9 less recovery frames
-Low Pounce is now 8f startup, down from 13f, increased range(appears to be so) and 8 less recovery frames

Piercing:
-B1 is now -2 on block, up from -7(-6) *incorrect numbers from NRS provided*
-B12 is now -1 on block, down from +2 (yet people will still and still DO bitch about it....)
-Low Sais have 5 less recovery frames and is now +7 on hit, up from +2, and -17 on block, up from -23
-EX Low Sais have 5 less recovery frames and is now +8 on hit, up from +3, and -14 on block, up from -20; gap is still there

***NOW, for the notes that weren't put into the "official" patch notes:

-D2 is either safer, or all D2's have increased pushback across the board because it can no longer be punished by roll
-F44 is now -10(-9) on block, down from -9(-8) so 8f normals can now punish it; gap is still there
-4U3's 1+2 extender can no longer be held down on hit; it must be inputted on the right frame

Piercing:
-(2) from B12 appears faster, I'll check when I get a chance
-Cancel advantage on block from B12 has been reduced, thus no longer having a true blockstring of b12~telekick~Xray, as there is now a gap in between the B12 and telekick
-B1 has less active frames

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
So the "official" Patch Notes are in: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/MKXL-Patch-notes-3-1-2016/ba-p/1059689

***First, I'll change the letters to our understandable 1, 2, 3, 4:

-D1 is now 6f startup and -5 on block, down from 9f and -4 on block
-D3 is now 8f startup and -7(-6) on block, down from 10f and -1 on block (it can be punished by 6f reversals, whoop dee doo -___-)
-F4 is now 15f startup and -9(-8) on block, down from 17f and -32(-31) on block
-B4 has increased pushback and is now -4 on block, up from -8
-Sais have 3 less recovery frames and -8 on block, up from -12, || +14 on hit now, up from +11
-EX Sais have 5 less recovery frames and -2 on block, up from -8 || +20 on hit now, up from +15; gap is still present

- Air Sais are now 13f startup, down from technically 17f, removed 3 recovery frames and can now be combo'd on hit | on block and on hit frame data appear roughly the same for Air Sais and EX Air Sais, as it's not stated in the notes and in game data is wrong; gap is still there

Ravenous:
-High Pounce is now 12f startup, down from 15, increased range and hitbox, and now -3 on block, up from -7 || 9 less recovery frames
-Low Pounce is now 8f startup, down from 13f, increased range(appears to be so) and 8 less recovery frames

Piercing:
-B1 is now -2 on block, up from -7(-6) *incorrect numbers from NRS provided*
-B12 is now -1 on block, down from +2 (yet people will still and still DO bitch about it....)
-Low Sais have 5 less recovery frames and is now +7 on hit, up from +2, and -17 on block, up from -23
-EX Low Sais have 5 less recovery frames and is now +8 on hit, up from +3, and -14 on block, up from -20; gap is still there

***NOW, for the notes that weren't put into the "official" patch notes:

-D2 is either safer, or all D2's have increased pushback across the board because it can no longer be punished by roll
-F44 is now -10(-9) on block, down from -9(-8) so 8f normals can now punish it; gap is still there
-4U3's 1+2 extender can no longer be held down on hit; it must be inputted on the right frame

Piercing:
-(2) from B12 appears faster, I'll check when I get a chance
-Cancel advantage on block from B12 has been reduced, thus no longer having a true blockstring of b12~telekick~Xray, as there is now a gap in between the B12 and telekick
-B1 has less active frames
Thx for hard work <3

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
The 2 in b12 will probably make it harder to confirm but it will make certain combos easier. Also it might be able to stuff wakeups easier. Gonna have to play around with that