What's new

The Metal Thread

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
metal is fuggin awesome, i have a list from when i went thru a bunch of bands on youtube still, lol. i love a lot of the older bands like metallica and pantera etc. I also like some of the newer bands too.

I can't stand when people call that poser emocore crap metal -.- its not.

DragonForce FTW!!!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Anyone else have a notebook on their desk with a giant list of bands people showed/recommended them that they need to check out?

Chaosphere Soreption are on there from like a year ago. I need to catch up!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
metal is fuggin awesome, i have a list from when i went thru a bunch of bands on youtube still, lol. i love a lot of the older bands like metallica and pantera etc. I also like some of the newer bands too.

I can't stand when people call that poser emocore crap metal -.- its not.

DragonForce FTW!!!
Agreed. I can't stand when people call bands like Disturbed metal. When I tell someone I don't know that i like metal and they are like, "Oh... so disturbed/mudvayne that kind of stuff?" it makes me want to quit life. Bands like Disturbed, Mudvayne, Five Finger Death Punch are radio rock... and nothing more. And it gives the general public that metal is about playing distorted guitar and being mad at your parents or your girlfriend. Metal and being sad are not compatible, imo.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Anyone else have a notebook on their desk with a giant list of bands people showed/recommended them that they need to check out?

Chaosphere Soreption are on there from like a year ago. I need to catch up!
Yeah that CD has actually been out for 2 or 3 years. I'm excited to hear what they do next. I would check out that entire CD. It's amazing.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Agreed. I can't stand when people call bands like Disturbed metal. When I tell someone I don't know that i like metal and they are like, "Oh... so disturbed/mudvayne that kind of stuff?" it makes me want to quit life. Bands like Disturbed, Mudvayne, Five Finger Death Punch are radio rock... and nothing more. And it gives the general public that metal is about playing distorted guitar and being mad at your parents or your girlfriend. Metal and being sad are not compatible, imo.
heeey i like Disturbed and 5-finger death punch >:I. i was talking about shit like I See Stars, Blackveil Brides and shit like that

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
heeey i like Disturbed and 5-finger death punch >:I. i was talking about shit like I See Stars, Blackveil Brides and shit like that
And that's totally cool. I just think there's some confusion on genre labels. Either way it's all about what you like so... no judgement here =P

At this new job of mine i told some people i like metal and they were like "you mean like Metallica?"
#FacePalmusMaximus

Error

DF2+R2
I listen to all kinds of metal as well as enjoying a few other genres. Right now I'm big on death metal, especially slam/brutal death metal. I have a few bass covers recorded on Youtube that I'll post later since it's blocked by my school's firewall.

Cattle decapitation :)
You're not a scene kid in my eyes anymore.

I usually have a bunch of Metal-Archives tabs open for bands that I want to check out but never get around to :/

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

All their previous releases that i heard have been in russian, they just released a 3 track EP in russian AND english, fantastic!

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Ld50 is still the tits though

VILE TRASH

I'm going to pretend you didn't post that so I'm not forced to kill you.

Anyway, back to business. Time to turn the tempo down a notch with a little Doom/Sludge, of which I'm apparently the only fan of that I can find. <.<

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Error You actually saw me as a scene kid? :S I actually listen to Hardcore and like Death Metal.

I'll actually post some bands I listen to now.

I'll post hardcore if anyone wants after.