What's new

Match Footage The match EVERYONE wants to see.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Don't sleep on baraka. Last year Jers mileena got beat by Tetris baraka on a first to 5. If you don't know his footsie game, frame traps and mix ups you guys are fucked
Alright, he beat me in a first to 5, he didnt wanna put money down against me and i went for babies until I got one which happned to be in game 4. I then went on to bring it to 4-4 and he beat me afterwards. Grats on winning a ft5 with nothing down.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Everything that could've been said for advice already has. Just wanted to highlight this:

you need to get your instant air-fans lower than they were in this fight
The way to do this is stop using u/b as your first input. Learn to do it from a neutral jump. That's probably the easiest way to get instant air projectiles on quarter circles.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Everything that could've been said for advice already has. Just wanted to highlight this:

The way to do this is stop using u/b as your first input. Learn to do it from a neutral jump. That's probably the easiest way to get instant air projectiles on quarter circles.
i recommend analog

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm a huge TheTetraSpirit fan

I loved his footsies man

F ing sweet
I agree. Everyone else seems to be faulting his opponents, implying they choked or screwed up -- but to me TertaSpirit is a patient, fundamentally solid player who knows his tools inside out, makes great reads, and would be a threat no matter what character he was playing.

I'm joining the TetraSpirit fan club; hope to see this guy again :D

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Alright, he beat me in a first to 5, he didnt wanna put money down against me and i went for babies until I got one which happned to be in game 4. I then went on to bring it to 4-4 and he beat me afterwards. Grats on winning a ft5 with nothing down.
Nothing down? I had $5 on that with Winter Warz. I won.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

No. At least on a stick. u/b flows better going from u/b around to d/f+1. If I tried to use u, df+1, I would almost get to the peak of my jump before that came out lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No. At least on a stick. u/b flows better going from u/b around to d/f+1. If I tried to use u, df+1, I would almost get to the peak of my jump before that came out lol
Yeah, on a pad, it's actually totally different.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
U+B, DF 1 works best for me on pad too. I can't for the life of me get a consistent U, DF 1, but for some reason I have no problems doing U+F, DF 1.....

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
U+B, DF 1 works best for me on pad too. I can't for the life of me get a consistent U, DF 1, but for some reason I have no problems doing U+F, DF 1.....
i'm the opposite.... i find it easier to just hit up and roll all the way around....
this is totally a "to each his own" type of deal for sure.