What's new

The main reason the 3D's suck?

Infinites? Glitches? Characters that are too cheap? The bad fighting system? Some of the fatalities? What was it exactly that made the 3D's suck? I personally despised MKDA. I rented it when it first came out, I hated it. But that was when I sucked back then. But I got Deception first, then Armageddon, then DA. I still hate DA. It has some of the worst fatalities ever. Quan Chi, no explanation needed. Kano...You can basicly do his MKDA fatality in Armageddon. Nitara's is just bloodier, longer version of her throw. Sub-Zero's is just stole from Kano's. Jax's fatality is available in MKA. Sonya's is pretty sorry. Other than that, most of the fatalities, Esp. in D were good. But the glitches and stuff made it suck. So what was the main problem in your opinion?

MKDA is My favorite 3D MK. Probably the most balanced. The New Mks Suck because like you said, Mostly Infinites, and the just Bad style of the game. It wouldn't hold up on its own, and Don't even try Comparing it to the 2D Mks.

XL

Noob
Deception was my favorite. Competitively, it sucks. Casual play wise, it's pretty fun. And it has some of the best fatalities to date, not to mention I love the addition of Hara-Kiri's.

they all suck if u ask me, like taking the piece of hamburger meat off of a hamburger and thats just bread thats no good

MIK

Noob
this is gonna sound stupid but whats an infinite and also i havent been on in a long time but whats happend to everyones sigs and avatars :?

MIK said:
this is gonna sound stupid but whats an infinite and also i havent been on in a long time but whats happend to everyones sigs and avatars :?
Tempest came and Made 90% of us Sigs 8)

And in infinite is a combo, that goes on.... Indefinetly?

1: You can't run
2: You can evade attacks by stepping aside
3: The combos lack ALOT of skill
4: Became more like Street Fighter (1 button mashing game)
5: And finally its just not as fun as 2D :D

Cla

Noob
Just a bad combat engine to begin with and to make things worse they didn't even do a good job of programming said badly-designed engine.

But I still liked them. Armageddon is easily my favorite because I love creating chars. After mastering Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, and DOA, you don't play the 3D MKs for the gameplay.

The new 3D MKs just need to capitalize on what separates them from the other 3D fighters, since there is no way they can take them on in gameplay.

Some people have said that when they've played the 3D's, they really didnt feel as if they played something different. Im starting to see why now. When it comes down to it, the 3D's were just a 3D version of UMK3. It had the combos, the special attacks, the juggling.... All of that stuff. MKDA was a good step then they fucked up everything in Deception. DA had the most strat and balance, even if it wasnt alot but atleast it was a good step. Deception didnt have any balance at all. The reason they took out special abilities (Shove, Power-Up, Taunt, Reversals) I dont know, and I also dont know why they made throws unblockable... And the 3 fighting style thing was really just a renewed HP, LP, HK, LK system, except in 3D and LP (Which would be Attack 3) isnt always a Punch. What I see is that Boon tried to keep the old easy to learn and pick up concept for the 3D's and did so by making all the old stuff in 3D. It was fun back then, but it just doesnt work in 3D. I mean, most 2D fighters like Guilty Gear XX (I wanna play that game SOOOO bad) have WAY more strat in it and WAY more balance than Deception and Armageddon. And in some cases, it kinda looks better, and the combos are HAND WRITTEN JUST LIKE IN SF!! I think I saw a quote somewhere where Boon said "You know what? MK's gamestyle is pretty damn lame." I cant believe he just now realized that.... Plz make a game like Soul Calibur or something. Have more strat. Plz...

RoGE

Noob
MKSM was probably the best 3D MK out there, I recommend it to everyone here, but for those looking for a good story, may not be satisfied with the result as it is non-canon and completly changed.

I think it's the lack of a run button, the bad comboing system, the low amount of damage everyone takes from ordinary combos, and a lack of variety in motor kombat. :cry:

Definitely the lack of a GOOD combo system, and the transition from 2D to 3D was so slow too, you'd think that they would actually TRY to make a good fighting engine.

lack of running.
if not a run button, the at least give the abilty to run. a lot of 3D fighters have them, including MK4, between MKDA to MKA, those are the only three that don't have the option to run. to me, that's some of the reasons why the games suck.

Its probaly because I still havent got UMK3 yet, but Ive started to give a fuck about MK. Im sitting here watching YouTube vids of games like Soul Calibur 3, Tekken 5, Dead or Alive and Guilty Gear and all of those games look so much better and fun. All MKDA thru MKA is is UMK3 in 3D if you really think about it, except VASTLY unbalanced compared to UMK3. I know no other fighting game compares to Soul Calibur, but the ones that are actually good are fun. All Boon did was make UMK3 in 3D, added some fancy looking kicks and punches and a weapon to each character so that everyone wouldnt have all the same moves (Uppercuts, Roundhouses, Sweeps...) . Its really lame.

PauLWaFFleZ said:
Its probaly because I still havent got UMK3 yet, but Ive started to give a fuck about MK. Im sitting here watching YouTube vids of games like Soul Calibur 3, Tekken 5, Dead or Alive and Guilty Gear and all of those games look so much better and fun. All MKDA thru MKA is is UMK3 in 3D if you really think about it, except VASTLY unbalanced compared to UMK3. I know no other fighting game compares to Soul Calibur, but the ones that are actually good are fun. All Boon did was make UMK3 in 3D, added some fancy looking kicks and punches and a weapon to each character so that everyone wouldnt have all the same moves (Uppercuts, Roundhouses, Sweeps...) . Its really lame.
It might have been alright if it wasn't so slow. I have yet to see a 3D fighter that flows as well as a 2D game.

TheRedPsychosis said:
PauLWaFFleZ said:
It might have been alright if it wasn't so slow. I have yet to see a 3D fighter that flows as well as a 2D game.
Soul Calibur? Thats one of the best game series to date. Not all fighters have to be as good as SC because that would be impossible, but MK is just so boring and unbalanced. It basicly became what MK2 and UMK3 were, a game where the characters are separated by how strong they're special moves are. They're are a few exceptions, but in most cases, its all about special moves. The only thing I liked about the 3D's now were the great costumes and SOME of the fatalities. Now for 8, they need to stop making the characters that dont have any real abilites (Kobra, Kira, Li Mei...). Not only do their moves suck, but also the fatalities for them sucked hard. And I think they should do away with auto combos for good and make it so that you make 3-5 hit combos via juggling.

RoGE

Noob
dreemernj said:
If Ed Boon just made UMK3 in 3D I would be happy. The closest to that is MK4 but it's still a way off.
And made the stuff look good in 3d (unlike MK4 which is ugly to look at sometimes) It would be bad ass if MK8 had the UMK3 engine.. but then again, it would not score very high on rating or would be possible to even look decent...(MK4)

The 3D ones feel too rigid and slow to me. It feels like I'm laboring to throw one punch. And how they just stand there in some weird pose after certain moves for like 2 seconds. It's so annoying.

T

TempesT

I liked Shaolin Monks the best out of all the 3D's... Deception in a close second.