What's new

The main reason the 3D's suck?

PauLWaFFleZ said:
CrazyFox101 said:
I know you are probably going to gasp at this, but I don't have a problem with any of the 3D games. I think they are all fun to play and well made. I see what some of you guys are saying, though. You want something more competitive, and I understand that. I guess we'll just have to see what they dish out in MK8.
If you think the 3D games are even acceptable by most standards, you must not of ever played Soul Calibur 3. You will be amazed at how much more you can do and how badly it kicks MK's ass all the way.
Actually yes, I have played Soul Calibur 3. It seems a lot like MK except for the fact that moves are a little more difficult and it's weapons only. I liked it, but prefer MK.

PauLWaFFleZ said:
Wow, the review that 1up.com gave Armageddon is so true. Talking about how all the other fighters moved on and how MK is still using the boring, unbalanced P+P+K+P combos compared to what Tekken and Soul Calibur are doing.... Using those same cartoon fantasy looking graphics... Talking about how its headed into the direction of the King Of Fighters... Yeah, its all true, how boring and stale MK is... just the same game from 1993 except different stances and such... how boring. Only spot where they messed up was giving it a 6.5, shoulda been like a 3
here's something to make you rant.
gameinformer gave this game for the Wii a 7.5.

Kazlaz

Noob
i just hope they dont end up doing air juggles like tekken and DOA where they just fucking stand in mid air and get the shit beasted out of them

it looks like there walking in air but being punched lol
'

i wish i could do that : (

They won't. MK8 is going to be different in all ways. None of the aerial kombat that happened or those combo breakers. A Mortal Kombat different than any of the games. Even it's going to be different from how MK1 was.

SABER Linkdude said:
They won't. MK8 is going to be different in all ways. None of the aerial kombat that happened or those combo breakers. A Mortal Kombat different than any of the games. Even it's going to be different from how MK1 was.
You keep thinking that their buddy :wink:

SpunBum said:
the 3ds suck in my mind because it simply isnt mk to me
Yes i feel the same way. I Love MK1, 2, 3, UMK3, and MKT. But when MK4 came out I stopped playing MK for awhile. But now all I play is UMK3.

Here's one thing: the 3D games would be improved by a little bit had John Tobias not resigned from Midway. Besides with doing JKs in the 3D games you can't do infinites as easily as you could in the 2D games.

To this point im basicly like fuck MK. I need to go get a 360 so I can play some DOA 4 or VF5 when it comes out on 360. DOA 3 was sorta sucky when it came out in 02. Then they went through and made a way better fighting system, but it took 3 years to make it. It took 2 years to make all the previous 2 MKs (D, and A). and they sucked ass, and they're only gonna give this game 2 years? Fucking retards. When it comes out, Im only gonna rent to see if its the same bullshit where you pick a character that has a disabling move and has a 8 hit autocombo that activates a juggle, then you add another 6 hit autocombo for 50% damage.... If its just like that, im not gonna waste my money and buy it.

PauLWaFFleZ said:
To this point im basicly like fuck MK. I need to go get a 360 so I can play some DOA 4 or VF5 when it comes out on 360. DOA 3 was sorta sucky when it came out in 02. Then they went through and made a way better fighting system, but it took 3 years to make it. It took 2 years to make all the previous 2 MKs (D, and A). and they sucked ass, and they're only gonna give this game 2 years? Fucking retards. When it comes out, Im only gonna rent to see if its the same bullshit where you pick a character that has a disabling move and has a 8 hit autocombo that activates a juggle, then you add another 6 hit autocombo for 50% damage.... If its just like that, im not gonna waste my money and buy it.
I'm an experienced fighter in DOA, I can say that nothing has really changed for DOA. I hear the same bullshit complaints, more than everyone in this thread, no matter how slightly broken that counter system is in DOA4, it is still broken, and there's more of countering or counter attempts and throws in that game than there is punching or kicking or fighting. At times I enjoy DOA, but I get tired of it when I realize it's the same shit that goes on in every DOA game, then I turn to a real fighting game like Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (before the VF5 hype), and after all the people I beat in DOA 4, people want me to play them some more, so when they ask, my reply would be "NO, that game's garbage, but I'll play you in Blood Storm later."
But...you do have a point on the MK part I'll give you that.

I've also heard some bullshit like they were going to make a
"Dead or Alive 2: Ultimate 2"...
now if this is true then What the fuck?!! That's like what, the fourth DOA2?! Are they going for a record against Street Fighter II?
That shit is NOT creativity. It's gonna be the same shit from the Dreamcast, only with what, more costumes that shows more boobies so nerds with no GFs can gaze upon?
I shouldn't complain if this isn't official though.