What's new

The "Let's Be Serious Here" Podcast with Perfect Legend, Tom Brady, and M2Dave

Who would you like to see on the next LBSH podcast?

• Forever King

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • GGA 16 Bit

Votes: 56 38.9%
  • KDZ

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • Pig of the Hut

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Rico Suave

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
No, I dont.

Its just the usual.. Im the worst player on earth, the dumbest player, etc.. I dont listen to it because I dont need to hear negativity for 2 hours. So what if they say I'm the worst player in the history of NRS games? I play because I like the game, so it doesnt matter that if I'm good or bad.
They (or anyone else even) weren't even saying you're bad, just that you need to earn your spot back as a top player/the top aquaman/whatever because you haven't placed well in a long time, which is true. When someone says something that might be slightly negative about you they don't need to be painted as assholes every time.

They (or anyone else even) weren't even saying you're bad, just that you need to earn your spot back as a top player/the top aquaman/whatever because you haven't placed well in a long time, which is true. When someone says something that might be slightly negative about you they don't need to be painted as assholes every time.
I have not listened to it. However, many have said that they went in hard on me for over an hour. Also, the WNF threads are constant cheap shots at me and at WNF itself they started this "better than Tom Brady" list. I dont care what they do or think, no pop off would ever come my way to them. I find that stuff to be classless. I guess taking cheap shots at players is their style, but I'm not really about that anymore.

I could care less if i'm some top Aquaman player. I play because I like the game. Even as the "worst Aquaman", I still keep playing because its what I enjoy doing. When you really think about it, there is no point in concerning myself with the opinions of others. Should i place top or win WB, ppl will make some congrats thread for me. Then, one week later after Theo does well at SCR, the very same ppl will say i'm bad and on blast again. So in the end, you cant please everyone or sometimes anyone. Might as well play for yourself.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I have not listened to it. However, many have said that they went in hard on me for over an hour. Also, the WNF threads are constant cheap shots at me and at WNF itself they started this "better than Tom Brady" list. I dont care what they do or think, no pop off would ever come my way to them. I find that stuff to be classless. I guess taking cheap shots at players is their style, but I'm not really about that anymore.

I could care less if i'm some top Aquaman player. I play because I like the game. Even as the "worst Aquaman", I still keep playing because its what I enjoy doing. When you really think about it, there is no point in concerning myself with the opinions of others. Should i place top or win WB, ppl will make some congrats thread for me. Then, one week later after Theo does well at SCR, the very same ppl will say i'm bad and on blast again. So in the end, you cant please everyone or sometimes anyone. Might as well play for yourself.
No that's not even what I'm saying, just the things like "worst Aquaman" in quotes, no one (at least with any relevance) is saying that. You're portraying everyone who doesn't call you the god of Aquaman as an asshole who does nothing but shit on you. You can't just forcefully babyface yourself in everything. I like you and want you to do well but it's kind of aggravating. Even in private with these WC people since I talk to them regularly, there's never anything along the lines of what you say. Just stop being paranoid.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Where would you rank Killer Frost if slide were -23 on block? She would still some solid tools (i.e., reset, safe 50/50 mix up, fast-recovering projectile, very good anti-zoning tool, etc.) but would definitely be no better than mid tier.

Some characters depend on one move more than others. Deathstroke depended on safe low gunshots a lot, not just for zoning but also for other gameplay aspects (i.e., footsies and even offense).

Deathstroke used to be top 5 but is currently mid tier. The nerf ruined the character. What more evidence do you need?
Deathstroke still has the damn move to use, because it still does things that weren't affected by the nerf. Like outspeeding other projectiles to prevent zoning. They are still among the fastest-traveling projectile in the game. And while there are characters who can now punish it reliably, there are still characters that cannot, and there is still the factor of people having to scout the MB (which, if I'm not mistaken, is -18?). Not to mention, Deathstroke was also screwed over by the nerf to air gunshots, so it's not like just one element was weakened. There is a major difference between slide and gunshots, as gunshots have properties that still keep them from being utter garbage, and even still has a property that can make opponents want to wait to punish it. Slide, if nerfed like that, would destroy the character's neutral game, in comparison, because that is literally the ONLY thing making her really good there and is her best wakeup tool as well. Deathstroke still has one of the best air attacks in the game, still has an unreactable 50/50, good wakeup options (thanks to the patches), and one of the best f3s in the game. Deathstroke didn't lose everything. Killer Frost would lose pretty much a vast majority of her gameplan.

It would be hard to say where she'd drop, but in all honesty, no better than low-mid tier IMO.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Deathstroke didn't lose everything. Killer Frost would lose pretty much a vast majority of her gameplan.
You are delusional. No characters goes from top 5 to mid tier without losing the vast majority of his/her game plan.

Deathstroke used to be a top 3 zoning character. Now he is not even in the top 5. The 50/50 mix up, f+3, and wake up attacks were great complementary tools to his zoning. They were never the core of his game plan. If NRS reduced Green Lantern's b+1's range by half, Green Lantern would still have access to the fastest f+3, multiple hitting projectile, an aerial projectile, and several 50/50 set ups. But who would give a shit? b+1 is obviously the core of Green Lantern's game plan.

The "fastest-traveling projectile in the game" means absolutely nothing. I have outzoned every Deathstroke player with Zod, who has fairly slow projectiles. Zod can usually check low gunshots with low lasers which do more chip damage than low gunshots. If I land a full screen MB low laser, Deathstroke has to hit four low gunshots to compensate the damage. Martian Manhunter can do the same thing with alien pillars, which check blocked low gunshots anywhere on the screen and do more chip damage.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Great podcast

Loved the chemistry and was a lot of fun to listen to

#Tom4Top8WB

@Zyphox lol and yea I loved the GORO reference lol

I was happy to rid Carl and company of cage and Sonya and KItanas

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I think you and everyone else ever just fundamentally disagree with the way Deathstroke is meant to function. Your analysis of him seems to be based on ONLY using gunshots, while others are saying that his gunshots are relatively decent, but once a character manages to get through them, there is still a solid toolset that he has to exploit (and a lot of ways for him to put you back at full screen if that's your thing). You are known for only really wanting to zone, and I don't think that is what they wanted this character to be (or any character in this game for that matter).
You were referencing comics a bit in the podcast as a means of defining how a character should be- Deathstroke is a mercenary who, while using guns as any mercenary would, ALSO brawls on an extremely high level with a massive amount of martial arts knowledge. Kinda makes sense that his build in this game demonstrates that, no?
This is such a good point Stevo, Deathstroke's signature weapon is a power staff that fires lethal and non-lethal energy blasts from both ends. The staff can also be used to strike using energy at each end. Deathstroke has his guns and swords but I felt like they didn't go deep enough with this character.

Deathstroke also possesses a healing factor in his blood that enables him to heal from physical injury much faster than a normal person...if he had a healing trait, that would make perfect sense for the character.

Cyborg, Nightwing and Joker are other characters I felt like they didn't go deep enough in detail with.

DarkPage

Noob
Where would you rank Killer Frost if slide were -23 on block? She would still some solid tools (i.e., reset, safe 50/50 mix up, fast-recovering projectile, very good anti-zoning tool, etc.) but would definitely be no better than mid tier.

Some characters depend on one move more than others. Deathstroke depended on safe low gunshots a lot, not just for zoning but also for other gameplay aspects (i.e., footsies and even offense).

Deathstroke used to be top 5 but is currently mid tier. The nerf ruined the character. What more evidence do you need?
damn imagine killer frost was-23 on slide, gawwwwd... a man can dream.

Hini

Batomancer
This is such a good point Stevo, Deathstroke's signature weapon is a power staff that fires lethal and non-lethal energy blasts from both ends. The staff can also be used to strike using energy at each end. Deathstroke has his guns and swords but I felt like they didn't go deep enough with this character.

Deathstroke also possesses a healing factor in his blood that enables him to heal from physical injury much faster than a normal person...if he had a healing trait, that would make perfect sense for the character.

Cyborg, Nightwing and Joker are other characters I felt like they didn't go deep enough in detail with.

I actually feel that they did pretty well with Joker, obviously he isnt very good but I still think hes been designed very well.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I actually feel that they did pretty well with Joker, obviously he isnt very good but I still think hes been designed very well.
Yeah, whiffing mids on half the cast, unable to punish backdashes, very well and fundamentally good designed character.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Teeth is best for backdashes
So when I do something like D2 teeth, or a string on block is done to me and the opponent backdashes, a 45 frame move is the answer? That's not a punish, that's a backdash again situation and maybe eat a 8% gunshot. Teeth is not a punish, teeth is another setup that can again be backdashed.

If someone can't react to teeth, I can see it. I just can't do gimmicks against people who know the MU though.

Pig Of The Hut

So when I do something like D2 teeth, or a string on block is done to me and the opponent backdashes, a 45 frame move is the answer? That's not a punish, that's a backdash again situation and maybe eat a 8% gunshot. Teeth is not a punish, teeth is another setup that can again be backdashed.

If someone can't react to teeth, I can see it. I just can't do gimmicks against people who know the MU though.
Id like to think as a joker player I want them to back dash. Closer to the corner the closer I am to 100% combos

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Id like to think as a joker player I want them to back dash. Closer to the corner the closer I am to 100% combos
It's true but when you have a character who can do 60% of the stage wallcarry combos with 45% damage it's not that much of an issue vs 90% of matchups. There are times where I wish I could be punished for double damage incase I was read if I could just punish the backdash I know is coming.

It's more like a taunt thing, "oh I'm gonna backdash and there's almost nothing you can do to stop it"

Pig Of The Hut

It's true but when you have a character who can do 60% of the stage wallcarry combos with 45% damage it's not that much of an issue vs 90% of matchups. There are times where I wish I could be punished for double damage incase I was read if I could just punish the backdash I know is coming.

It's more like a taunt thing, "oh I'm gonna backdash and there's almost nothing you can do to stop it"
Pick a new main

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.

I very much agree on Cyborg and Joker, as well as deathstroke. Their traits are not only very lackluster in terms of performance, but very shallow in terms of who they are as characters. Night wing I think is decent, but yeah, still a bit lacking.