What's new

The "Let's Be Serious Here" Podcast Episode 6, featuring DarthArma and Playing To Win

What do you think about the latest "hotfix"?

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I didnt say that it was Wounds fault, just used as him as example of someone who sits on a gold mountain but doesnt feel like picking up the shovel to dig.

I had 0.0% to do with this hotfix.
Dont argue w him

He knows nothing of sinestro

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Well it already kind of happens, MOBAs are huge world wide for a reason with all different types of people.
This is mainly because MOBA's have an 80-90 million strong online player base. It's the players watching the games. Casual fans wouldn't have an idea what the heck is going on.

LoL alone has 70 million registered players and over 32 million uniques per month.

haketh

Noob
This is mainly because MOBA's have an 80-90 million strong online player base. It's the players watching the games. Casual fans wouldn't have an idea what the heck is going on.
Once again you'd be surprised, adn those 80 to 90 million fanbase annoyingly enough barely has an idea of whats going on eitherm most of the time. Fuck a ton of people look at FGs and think nothing goes on either, it's hard to say which genre would appeal more to people not invested in games if broadcasted.

Respectfully disagree. As a dota2 (over 1000 hours played) and someone who follows the dota2 competitive scene and the fgc competitive scene I find Dota2 to have the more hype moments. Though I'll concede both can be hype. In both games there are rivals and both games have teams and players who have their own personalities and certain ways they play the game in terms of aggression, patience, etc. The main difference to me is that in a Moba a hype moment is when a great play happens in a team fight where there are many more minds and actions occuring than in a fighting game where it's just a single person versus another single person. Basically in a moba you have potential to see hype moments of great individual skill and sometimes great team skill vs. a fighting game that just offers great individual skill. That and lets be honest a single play in a Moba can be the difference of a million dollars compared to fighting games that are lucky to be in the low thousands.

At the end of the day it's just a first world problem given that both are entertaining.
You didn't see Snakeyez run through all of the NorCal or east coast team (cant remember) in SSF4ae then...with Zangief

Man.

^ this was April 21, a week after the game came out. Wound was actually the first person to publicly advocate that the character had potential when he was being called dead.

He also states that he thinks the trait might be the key to the game for him, before anyone else.

I know you don't like him, but you're going too far in claiming that people didn't explore the character because of him.
I dont know where this comes from because I DO like him..

He said to me back then that Sinestro was bad.. I said "He might have something fucked up" and he thought that I was being ridiculous..

What disappoints me about him is that his humble persona faded bit by bit as he had more and more success. Now, after this loss, he takes NONE of the blame. He didn't lose to better players, doesn't have to get better, etc.. NOPE.. its ALL Sinestro's fault.

Hope he bounces back....

I haven't listened to this and probably won't just based on what most of the subject matter seems to be this episode, but the quote above is pretty graceless. 16 Bit and me were some of your first guests. ('Your' meaning m2dave) As a good gesture and out of good faith we went on your show supporting it and welcomed it with open arms. Both parties knew your 'ratings' would be good for your show when we went on cause we sometimes bump heads on our opinions and it would be a good listen for the community to hear us debate. It was fun. I thought there wouldn't be any sort of competition made and there would be plenty of room for both shows to exist.

Two weeks later the mudslinging starts on your end about how you think your show is better than ours with no real evidence at all. Just seems pretty low we come on your show to help you jump-start it and then you shit on ours show two weeks later.

Real class.
Its OUR show. Don't take what Dave says as a general opinion from us all. I don't share his outlook

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
When you think of NRS podcast you think of KTP. Nothing will ever change this. Our legacy is already cemented and has been for over 2 years. Accept no substitutes. :cool:
I dont think anything needs to be said, sir. The KTP has been the glue that helped unite this community since its inception. There was a gigantic void in the community when you guys were on hiatus that no one else was able to fill.

The biggest difference is the chemistry and the conversation. Other podcasts may be informative and worth listening to, but ultimately it's like hearing a debate show on CNN or FOX. KTP is the only show that makes you feel like you're "one of the gang" when you listen to it - the same thing shows like Howard Stern do for listeners. THAT is what sets you apart.

That said, @Perfect Legend, I think that a core of you and @General M2Dave and @DarthArma is a very solid show. PL, I actually think you should speak up more. You articulate your points well, and I think the things a 3x world champion has to say are worth hearing. I wouldn't have P2W back - he just cuts everyone off. =\

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Man.

^ this was April 21, a week after the game came out. Wound was actually the first person to publicly advocate that the character had potential when he was being called dead.

He also states that he thinks the trait might be the key to the game for him, before anyone else.

I know you don't like him, but you're going too far in claiming that people didn't explore the character because of him.
Wow somebody defends me? Pretty cool. I thought the idea was to lie and exagerrate out your ass to catch people's attention. And yea, @Tom Brady i am still confident about beating you. 9th at one tournament doesn't change that.

coolwhip

Noob
Fine, I am going to be serious.

This podcast is bad for the scene. Why do I want to listen to hours of people talk trash and be obnoxious to people. Its a shame, I like Dave and Arma. Just this is so buzzkilling.
LOL @ "talking trash" being bad for the scene. Yeah, that 16 Bit/Wonder_Chef was horrible for the scene due to all the trash talk. It took soooooo much hype away from SCR. And that PL/NY feud in MK? Awful for the scene. It didn't make majors hype one bit.

I despise P2W as much as the next guy but he was a one time guest. He's not a regular on this podcast. No one else talks trash, unless you count PL's bias, but then again, that is present on literally every podcast.

RIF

Noob
You

i dont think you understand your own character
Because I disagreed with your statements regarding the efficacy of the pushblock tech? P2W's assertions about the tech on the podcast echoed my own. Nearly everything he said is something I had mentioned in other threads.

I will be the first to admit I have a long way to go with the character, but I do believe I have an understanding of Sinestro. If your comment is derived from our sets than that's just an example of a superior player beating an inferior one.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Because I disagreed with your statements regarding the efficacy of the pushblock tech? P2W's assertions about the tech on the podcast echoed my own.

I will be the first to admit I have a long way to go with the character, but I do believe I have an understanding of Sinestro. If your comment is derived from our sets than that's just an example of a superior player beating an inferior one.
No I'm specifically talking about your arguments for why you disagreed w the glitch

IMO made no sense

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
LOL @ "talking trash" being bad for the scene. Yeah, that 16 Bit/Wonder_Chef was horrible for the scene due to all the trash talk. It took soooooo much hype away from SCR. And that PL/NY feud in MK? Awful for the scene. It didn't make majors hype one bit.

I despise P2W as much as the next guy but he was a one time guest. He's not a regular on this podcast. No one else talks trash, unless you count PL's bias, but then again, that is present on literally every podcast.
Theirs a difference between hype building and just been obnoxious. Hypes good but they literally where shitting on scenes, characters, nrs, players and everything else. I could go on. Anyway.........,,,,,,, when's KTP?

RIF

Noob
No I'm specifically talking about your arguments for why you disagreed w the glitch

IMO made no sense
Disagreed for calling it a glitch or that the tech's usefulness was overblown?

On the last LBSH podcast, P2W laid out the EXACT same argument I did in those threads. I am not certain which point you specifically have an issue with, but it wasn't just MY opinion on the subject.

The tech is STILL very good EVEN in its current state.

coolwhip

Noob
Theirs a difference between hype building and just been obnoxious. Hypes good but they literally where shitting on scenes, characters, nrs, players and everything else. I could go on. Anyway.........,,,,,,, when's KTP?
"They" weren't doing that. Playing To Win was. And he's always been an obnoxious douche. Luckily, he's not one of the co-host and was merely a guest.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
"They" weren't doing that. Playing To Win was. And he's always been an obnoxious douche. Luckily, he's not one of the co-host and was merely a guest.
Fine, you have convinced me cool whip to try this podcast again lol. But pl was talking about scr. Way to shit over wonderchef.

Well I honestly think on a major TV scale if you put a DC fighter on the tv vs dota or LoL then a DC fighter would do far better not to mention I truly think there's more personalities in FGC

There's so many more quiet and hermit type personalities in the other games I mentioned

There's a lot of reasons probably this hasn't fully happened yet but we'll see where it goes

I have some emailing to do :)
FGC is like WWF for the next generation of kids who will grow up playing online games

Wow somebody defends me? Pretty cool. I thought the idea was to lie and exagerrate out your ass to catch people's attention. And yea, @Tom Brady i am still confident about beating you. 9th at one tournament doesn't change that.
No one lied... in the span of a weekend you became one of the whiniest and classes players. I hope you do well going forward, I'd hate to see how much worse this can get. I've never not been a supporter of you.. You kicked and KICKED me when you THOUGHT i was down for the count and i STILL dont hold it against you.