What's new

The "Let's Be Serious Here" Podcast Episode 6, featuring DarthArma and Playing To Win

What do you think about the latest "hotfix"?

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Twitch TV: http://www.twitch.tv/perfectlegend/b/509126292 (starts at 8:22)

MP3: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/3muape8592exkf2/Let's_Be_Serious_Here_Podcast_-_Episode_6.mp3

Topics:

- Discussion on the latest hotfix, Batgirl’s bola glitch, and Sinestro’s push block tech

- @GGA Slips describes Sinestro’s push block tech as “game-killing”

- @Perfect Legend flips out about Sinestro and Zod discussion

- Does @DarthArma have a rivalry with @FOREVER KING?

- Thoughts on Southern California Regionals

- Perfect Legend and M2Dave put Wonder Chef on blast

- DarthArma’s Batman match ups

- Playing To Win’s Sinestro match ups

- Cleveland’s Injustice scene

- @GGA 16 Bit 's stock market threads

- DarthArma addresses FOREVER KING’s excuses

- GGA 16 Bit joins the podcast

- GGA 16 Bit gives an emotional speech

- Fool of the Week: Wonder Chef

- Best west coast players

- Word Association Game

Playing To Win

-> @WoundCowboy

-> @AK Pig Of The Hut

-> Rico Suave (and $1,000 money match discussion)

DarthArma

-> KDZ

-> Perfect Legend

-> FOREVER KING

- Who are and who are not tournament viable characters?

- Taking questions from the chat

- Perfect Legend’s SRK article

- More questions from the chat

- AK Pig of the Hut joins the call to discuss MLG, Injustice, and elevating the fighting game community (in depth analysis and discussion)

Last edited:

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I'm not sure how to feel about the fix, it came really fast, maybe too fast.
I think Batgirl's glitch was handled right, but i think the push block thing should have stayed.
I dont play sinestro, but he does need trait and a bar to do the glitch.
Basically i feel like if these things got fixed, other powerful things should have gotten fixed too, MMH tele for example.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
I'm not sure how to feel about the fix, it came really fast, maybe too fast.
I think Batgirl's glitch was handled right, but i think the push block thing should have stayed.
I dont play sinestro, but he does need trait and a bar to do the glitch.
Basically i feel like if these things got fixed, other powerful things should have gotten fixed too, MMH tele for example.
The only problem with MMH oh tele is that it's the way it is by design, not a glitch. I think they would need a patch to nerf it. Don't quote me though. Also I think it depends on what u mean by fixed. If I remember correctly Scorpion's flip kick went from -1 on block to -10 in a hotfix, so if u are talking about making it punishable then they might be able to do that.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
The only problem with MMH oh tele is that it's the way it is by design, not a glitch. I think they would need a patch to nerf it. Don't quote me though. Also I think it depends on what u mean by fixed. If I remember correctly Scorpion's flip kick went from -1 on block to -10 in a hotfix, so if u are talking about making it punishable then they might be able to do that.
I understand what you're saying. i just used MMH's tele as an example of other strong stuff in the game.
I'm just not sure how i feel when somethings get taken out, while other things still get left in.

coolwhip

Noob
"That push block tech was only a factor in matches that Sinestro won already. It means noting against *names characters that Sinestro loses to*" -- Playing to Win.

Then that's another reason why it had to go. Because under that logic, this means that Sinestro now MURDERED characters he already beat, making the match-ups damn near impossible. So how the fuck is that a good thing to keep in the game? It's hilarious hearing him make statements about balance only to say something like that.

And Jesus Christ, what's with all the shots at the testers? "Look at who Slips is, he's the guy who tested this last patch we got." -- Arma (I don't think he meant that negatively, to be clear). To which P2W replies "So you mean he doesn't want to come off like an idiot?"

Uh, yeah, because this last patch has been really awful. It ruined the game. Killed it. The game has been awful and unbalanced since. Urgh.

And I love how P2W talked about "all the other broken stuff in the game" but couldn't really mention anything other than Zod. There's a difference between a powerful tool, and something like Sinestro's push-block, which punished opponents for trying to touch you. In the case of the latter, there is no element of skill, set-ups, spacing, etc... nothing. In some cases, you're willingly letting your opponent touch you so that you combo him. So please explain to me, if you're Catwoman or Green Arrow, Sinestro has a small life lead on you, has trait out, with 20 seconds remaining...what the fuck do you do?

P2W: "You're telling me I don't have good defense?" Referring to himself as a player. Great, then you shouldn't need to pushblock.

P2W: "Paulo does not have what it takes to understand high level play."

...and you have what it takes to understand everything that goes on behind making a video game?

Let me put it this way: If the Sinestro pushblock thing wasn't that big of a deal, then why are Cowboy and P2W so upset about it? It's not even that good, right? So why are you so mad it's gone?

I know Dave often wonders about the P2W hate, but it's really not that difficult to see why.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob

1. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 6
    @pakostevens why don't u hotfix sinestro corner unblockable for 40% that requires a bar and a trait shot too while ur at it. Idiot.

2. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @KiTGweedo what?

3. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @HitBox_Tyrant Grundy?

4. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens so when can we expect a fix for the other unintentional glitches in the game?

5. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    I will say it again. Sinestro does not get a vortex off this.

6. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @Test_Your_Might answer and ask the community this. Why not fix all unintentional glitches? Why just a select few?

7. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    And lol at all these idiots on tym. Thinking they know how to play sinestro. I am blow away by the incompetence. U are all fools

8. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    U have to burn 2 traits and a bar to do something extremely difficult. It is not viable. One bar and 1 trait does not give u the setup

9. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    Since everyone knows sinestro better than @WoundCowboy and I. Tell us how u get a vortex off this?

10. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @MK_TomBrady the guy that used gl in mk v dc and downplayed a way better version. Then uses a diff character and cries

11. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @PerfectLegend look at my tweets. So nrs just decides which glitches are ok and which are not. How is that sinestro glitch vs Scorp?

12. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @PerfectLegend hotfix. Sinestro glitch gone but zod, ww et ceteta glitches still in

13. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @KiTGweedo @bambamguitar @EMPR_Theo @WoundCowboy I was being sarcastic! Wtf

14. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @KiTGweedo @bambamguitar @EMPR_Theo ya and the glitch was so broken that @WoundCowboy won free.

15. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens had a patch for mk9 but they are stupid and accidentally deleted the files. You guys know that?

16. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    Why do I put so much time into a game when the developers are so stupid.

17. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @MK_TomBrady I demand u go cry to him some more and get all the unintentional glitches removed.

18. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @MK_TomBrady u realize that glitch is meaningless if a lot of matchups?

19. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @MK_TomBrady you happy u whiney scrub? Fucking stupid. Talk to pako some more.

20. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens and u don't fix kabal or cyrax. Wtf is wrong with u idiots.

21. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens either all glitches go or none of them do. Well???!!!! I know u read these. Are u happy u made all the scrubs cheer for u?

22. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens can u guys really be that stupid? Are u that disconnected from high level play? Fucking stupid.

23. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens but zod gets to dash (same as pre ba) all day, push a button, and do whatever he wants. No Resources.

24. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens u do realize that this glitch is not useable in high level play vs certain characters and REQUIRES RESOURCES!

25. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens but zod's unintentional glitches still work. Why? I demand and answer.

26. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens u listen to all these mediocre casual players who would lose 10-0 with or with out it vs top players. I hope this cost u $

27. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens but u leave full screen 50/50s for zod, 60% corner combos with one bar for batgirl et cetera. Ur fucking stupid.

28. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens you guys are fucking stupid. U ht fix this? U realize there are like 10 matches it doesn't matter and they are all top tier?

29. PLAYING TO WIN ‏@_P2W_ Mar 5
    @pakostevens if u guys hot fixed this and left other "unintentiona" (zod) l think that will have been extremely illogical

Last edited:
From now on no more questions or topics about "life" on the podcast. Everyone comes on the show to talk about the competitive gaming world and nothing else. People tune in cause they want to see their favorite personalities and recent news/updates on whats up in the NRS community.

1. We are all here with the same agenda to play, have fun and talk shit to each other.

2. We all (most of us) believe in fighting games becoming bigger than what it is and getting to the biggest level and stage of exposure.

3. That attitude doesn't do anything but set us back.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
P2W really doesn't have people skills.

Interrupts when people are talking and always wants to be the one talking, never mentions what MUs the pushblock trait makes un winnable, just the ones that become decent for sinestro, changing the conversation topic whenever he knows he can't back up his arguements etc.. That's just about 7 minutes I listened to this.

To add to what I just said:

Competitive gaming to me is a hobby for some but for me it is a LIFESTYLE. You can have your opinions but don't tell me how to live my life. My and anyone else's life is no ones business what we choose to do when we turn off the console.

I love to meet like minded people who share my passion. Play them, talk shit make great memories etc. This is a lifestyle. People don't travel across the country, world etc for a "hobby" this is a LIFESTYLE. Anime cosplayers don't travel around for a hobby its their lifestyle! What ever they do to reinforce their lifestyle is their business!