What's new

The "Let's Be Serious Here" Podcast Episode 6, featuring DarthArma and Playing To Win

What do you think about the latest "hotfix"?

• Total voters

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Perfect Legend has not been uploading the LBSH podcast to YouTube regularly because most community members prefer to listen to an MP3.

The LBSH podcast gets its name from an expression popularized by 16 Bit. The "inspiration" ends there. If it were up to me, the podcast would be called the Phantom Zone Broadcast.

Our podcast format is very different from KTP's. Perfect Legend does not want the guests to talk about anything but Injustice.
Let's be serious here. Phantom Zone Broadcast is a much better name.

@Walkinwithjesus did u see this video??
My first thought is he needs a new tailor! Sleeves are too long and his pants are too tight.
One issue that I see is that the announcers of the streams (IGAU specifically) dont have the needed delivery, except @Tom Brady. There is a professionalism that MLG is looking for. Do I even need to mention: "Balanced, consistent mechanics"?
The FGC has everything that he was talking about @AK Pig Of The Hut . Sooo WTF! Why hasnt this happened yet?

coolwhip

Noob
I believe P2W is a psychopath. His disgusting behavior succeeds that of your regular store-bought asshole, he is something else. When a lot of people see or hear the word 'psychopath' they think it means an insane person, but it means that said person has a personality disorder for those who don't know, and I think he shows all the signs.

In my opinion, it is a pretty bad idea to allow him to have a voice in this community in the way he has at the minute. I'm fairly certain that if the community could vote to kick him out then they would.
A simple "obnoxious asshole" would do :)

skahwt

Noob
[quote="General M2Dave, post:

Our podcast format is very different from KTP's. Perfect Legend does not want the guests to talk about anything but Injustice.[/quote]

This why I prefer LBSH over KTP. They are both strong shows with good entertainment value, but I prefer the Injustice talk over why dinosaurs "played by the rules" (lol) and how the bible is the best historical document in existence (LOL).

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
My first thought is he needs a new tailor! Sleeves are too long and his pants are too tight.
One issue that I see is that the announcers of the streams (IGAU specifically) dont have the needed delivery, except @Tom Brady. There is a professionalism that MLG is looking for. Do I even need to mention: "Balanced, consistent mechanics"?
The FGC has everything that he was talking about @AK Pig Of The Hut . Sooo WTF! Why hasnt this happened yet?
Well I honestly think on a major TV scale if you put a DC fighter on the tv vs dota or LoL then a DC fighter would do far better not to mention I truly think there's more personalities in FGC

There's so many more quiet and hermit type personalities in the other games I mentioned

There's a lot of reasons probably this hasn't fully happened yet but we'll see where it goes

I have some emailing to do :)

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Fine, I am going to be serious.

This podcast is bad for the scene. Why do I want to listen to hours of people talk trash and be obnoxious to people. Its a shame, I like Dave and Arma. Just this is so buzzkilling.

RIF

Noob
@Phosferrax The anti-social disorder you are searching for is Sociopath. A psychopath, while similar, is a different animal. To be clear, I am not prepared to diagnose P2W as a Sociopath, but the data to support calling him a Psychopath just isn't there.

Fine, I am going to be serious.

This podcast is bad for the scene. Why do I want to listen to hours of people talk trash and be obnoxious to people. Its a shame, I like Dave and Arma. Just this is so buzzkilling.
I am not sure I understand your viewpoint. This podcast isn't just hours of being obnoxious to people. I do not know @DarthArma personally, but he seems like a genuinely nice person. He doesn't exhibit any of the behavior you stated. P2W intentionally pushes buttons and doesn't appear to filter his points through any sort of social governing mechanism. (Or he could be trolling.)

A podcast devoid of personalities and opinions does not appeal to me. I want to hear their opinions. @General M2Dave and @Perfect Legend work really well together. (Surprisingly) @Tom Brady plays the role of crotchety old erudite; He constantly hearkens back to the old days of MK9 and Sub-Zero the way your grandfather speaks of working in the fields at the age of 10.

People with strong opinions and boisterous personalities are always going to rub some people the wrong way.

Last edited:
For the record KTP gets hella more views than this and every other podcast on TYM. The numbers are there for anyone to see. When you think of NRS podcast you think of KTP. Nothing will ever change this. Our legacy is already cemented and has been for over 2 years. Accept no substitutes. :cool:

PS: I don't think these people know what a podcast is. Live chat shows are way different from something designed to put on a mp3 player etc.
well, hurry up with the best podcast then! im waiting!

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Quote:
M2Dave: (KTP) is mad because we get more ratings, we get more traffic, we get more views.
P2W: But dude they have a T-shirt, they're legit.
I haven't listened to this and probably won't just based on what most of the subject matter seems to be this episode, but the quote above is pretty graceless. 16 Bit and me were some of your first guests. ('Your' meaning m2dave) As a good gesture and out of good faith we went on your show supporting it and welcomed it with open arms. Both parties knew your 'ratings' would be good for your show when we went on cause we sometimes bump heads on our opinions and it would be a good listen for the community to hear us debate. It was fun. I thought there wouldn't be any sort of competition made and there would be plenty of room for both shows to exist.

Two weeks later the mudslinging starts on your end about how you think your show is better than ours with no real evidence at all. Just seems pretty low we come on your show to help you jump-start it and then you shit on ours show two weeks later.

Real class.

Last edited:
@Phosferrax The anti-social disorder you are searching for is Sociopath. A psychopath, while similar, is a different animal. To be clear, I am not prepared to diagnose P2W as a Sociopath, but the data to support calling him a Psychopath just isn't there.

I am not sure I understand your viewpoint. This podcast isn't just hours of being obnoxious to people. I do not know @DarthArma personally, but he seems like a genuinely nice person. He doesn't exhibit any of the behavior you stated. P2W intentionally pushes buttons and doesn't appear to filter his points through any sort of social governing mechanism. (Or he could be trolling.)

A podcast devoid of personalities and opinions does not appeal to me. I want to hear their opinions. @General M2Dave and @Perfect Legend work really well together. (Surprisingly) @Tom Brady plays the role of crotchety old erudite; He constantly hearkens back to the old days of MK9 and Sub-Zero the way your grandfather speaks of working in the fields at the age of 10.

People with strong opinions and boisterous personalities are always going to rub some people the wrong way.
I do not "hearken back to the old days and SZ"... I simply remind ppl that have the "ohh my shit character is now more shit" attitude that I was able to accomplish an arguable top 10 resume in MK9 which has 10 top 8 major finishes with a character worse then anyone they used in MK or IGAU. The point is that when you convince YOURSELF that your character sucks, you stop looking for ways to improve them. Not just that, you convince others that the character is shit and that they shouldnt look for anything because there is nothing to find.

As bad as SZ was, I was ALWAYS in the lab finding new traps. Look at Wound... he actually believed from day 1 that Sinestro was shit. Anytime someone such as myself would say that perhaps the character has something that is messed up, he would dismiss its IMMEDIATELY and say that the character has nothing. Sinestro had this from day 1, but it took almost a year to find it because players lkie him decided that the character was bad and there is nothing fucked up to bother looking for. This also influenced others to not look for anything, there would be nothing to find because "x" player(s) said so.

Reactions: RIF

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
LOL This is like the Late night wars. I enjoy the LBSH show, but you can't hate on KTP. I still find myself laughing over that shit. There is enough room for both.

RIF

Noob
I do not "hearken back to the old days and SZ"... I simply remind ppl that have the "ohh my shit character is now more shit" attitude that I was able to accomplish an arguable top 10 resume in MK9 which has 10 top 8 major finishes with a character worse then anyone they used in MK or IGAU. The point is that when you convince YOURSELF that your character sucks, you stop looking for ways to improve them. Not just that, you convince others that the character is shit and that they shouldnt look for anything because there is nothing to find.

As bad as SZ was, I was ALWAYS in the lab finding new traps. Look at Wound... he actually believed from day 1 that Sinestro was shit. Anytime someone such as myself would say that perhaps the character has something that is messed up, he would dismiss its IMMEDIATELY and say that the character has nothing. Sinestro had this from day 1, but it took almost a year to find it because players lkie him decided that the character was bad and there is nothing fucked up to bother looking for. This also influenced others to not look for anything, there would be nothing to find because "x" player(s) said so.
My comment was meant as a compliment. People need to know where the top players in the IGAU started.

The Sinestro community did not find this because it was missed collectively. It was NOT because Wound declared there was nothing left to be found. A lot of Sinestro players were push-blocking and using trait, but didn't think to try shackles or 2 trait shots. I am sure there are other things other character communities are missing.

Will you respond to P2W's insinuation regarding your influence of Sinestro's tech being nerfed?

Well I honestly think on a major TV scale if you put a DC fighter on the tv vs dota or LoL then a DC fighter would do far better not to mention I truly think there's more personalities in FGC

There's so many more quiet and hermit type personalities in the other games I mentioned

There's a lot of reasons probably this hasn't fully happened yet but we'll see where it goes

I have some emailing to do :)
Respectfully disagree. As a dota2 (over 1000 hours played) and someone who follows the dota2 competitive scene and the fgc competitive scene I find Dota2 to have the more hype moments. Though I'll concede both can be hype. In both games there are rivals and both games have teams and players who have their own personalities and certain ways they play the game in terms of aggression, patience, etc. The main difference to me is that in a Moba a hype moment is when a great play happens in a team fight where there are many more minds and actions occuring than in a fighting game where it's just a single person versus another single person. Basically in a moba you have potential to see hype moments of great individual skill and sometimes great team skill vs. a fighting game that just offers great individual skill. That and lets be honest a single play in a Moba can be the difference of a million dollars compared to fighting games that are lucky to be in the low thousands.

At the end of the day it's just a first world problem given that both are entertaining.

My comment was meant as a compliment. People need to know where the top players in the IGAU started.

The Sinestro community did not find this because it was missed collectively. It was NOT because Wound declared there was nothing left to be found. A lot of Sinestro players were push-blocking and using trait, but didn't think to try shackles or 2 trait shots. I am sure there are other things other character communities are missing.

Will you respond to P2W's insinuation regarding your influence of Sinestro's tech being nerfed?
I didnt say that it was Wounds fault, just used as him as example of someone who sits on a gold mountain but doesnt feel like picking up the shovel to dig.

I had 0.0% to do with this hotfix.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
ALook at Wound... he actually believed from day 1 that Sinestro was shit. Anytime someone such as myself would say that perhaps the character has something that is messed up, he would dismiss its IMMEDIATELY and say that the character has nothing. Sinestro had this from day 1, but it took almost a year to find it because players lkie him decided that the character was bad and there is nothing fucked up to bother looking for. This also influenced others to not look for anything, there would be nothing to find because "x" player(s) said so.
Man.

Sinestro might still need some help, but it is very possible to win with him. His trait is a complete game changer. Literally every move, combos and specials, becomes safe when he has it. Not only are they safe, but the opponent risks eating a full combo from anywhere on screen if they do not respect his advantage. Keep working with him.
^ this was April 21, a week after the game came out. Wound was actually the first person to publicly advocate that the character had potential when he was being called dead.

He also states that he thinks the trait might be the key to the game for him, before anyone else.

I know you don't like him, but you're going too far in claiming that people didn't explore the character because of him.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Respectfully disagree. As a dota2 (over 1000 hours played) and someone who follows the dota2 competitive scene and the fgc competitive scene I find Dota2 to have the more hype moments. Though I'll concede both can be hype. In both games there are rivals and both games have teams and players who have their own personalities and certain ways they play the game in terms of aggression, patience, etc. The main difference to me is that in a Moba a hype moment is when a great play happens in a team fight where there are many more minds and actions occuring than in a fighting game where it's just a single person versus another single person. Basically in a moba you have potential to see hype moments of great individual skill and sometimes great team skill vs. a fighting game that just offers great individual skill. That and lets be honest a single play in a Moba can be the difference of a million dollars compared to fighting games that are lucky to be in the low thousands.

At the end of the day it's just a first world problem given that both are entertaining.
you mean to tell me a friend of mine in his 30s who has no interest in playing VGs will watch DOTA over DC Fighter???
Nope

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Perfect Legend has not been uploading the LBSH podcast to YouTube regularly because most community members prefer to listen to an MP3.

The LBSH podcast gets its name from an expression popularized by 16 Bit. The "inspiration" ends there. If it were up to me, the podcast would be called the Phantom Zone Broadcast.

Our podcast format is very different from KTP's. Perfect Legend does not want the guests to talk about anything but Injustice.

It obviously inspired your name association game which has been our gimmick since 2011. You should try something original for a show game. You directly said you beat KTP in ratings which isn't true at all. From the numbers I've seen its not even close. So yeah I'm gonna call u on it.

PS: Phantom Zone Podcast is a way better name imo.