What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
http://testyourmight.com/threads/rico-suave-wins-injustice-at-next-level-battle-circuit-25.34859/

the stream archive from this tournament is what I've been scanning through, you should find some goodies here. KDZ I just finished watching your set vs PL. Holy that was so hype! You went ham after the super with that F23, I was sad to see it end like that. Could see the frustration on your face when you walked to the edge of the ring. You put on a good showing. The F23~trait~throw / F23~trait~F23 grab mix-up is what I've been trying to explain and you demonstrated it beautifully. Goooooood shiet

edit: I've been cleaning / updating the new theory thread I made, any suggestions would be appreciated. I want to make it the best it can be for everyone on here. If you have any ideas please post in that thread and let me know!

na man he did a documentary last year called best in the world going into detail that he and his family never got along. his dad was a drunk and his brother stole thousands of dollars from him. its quite a amazing documentary

Yes if its not your mom trying to get that money its your long lost relatives, if its not them its your friends. If its not them its random people sending you letters saying they need and deserve your money.

pretty dumb question, but i better ask it here. is there a link to ceo top8? can't find anything other than a strange 5 hours video of a crowd. would love to see KDZ matches
edit: not sure how but i found it, delete this post if its against the rules sorry

Raynex

Wonder Woman's air dives are a series of special moves. She has multiple versions and thus multiple ways to input the special move. Superman's dive is an air command normal, not a special move, so there is only one version and the notation doesn't involve qcf / dp / hcf like special moves do.

Raynex

If you guys come across any good high level Superman matches / combo videos / tech PM me so I can update the video thread (I've been sleeping on it). Thanks!

Reactions: Dan

Jason H

Noob
Hey guys

I'm new here and want to know what the standards like in regards to Supes mains.

Any EU PS3 players about and want to give me a few games?

chronos411

Last Kyptonian of VA
So after a day to lab. How do you guys feel about Supes new D2? I played a long set against a local Batgirl player and was trying to use it the first couple matches on reaction and her J2 was stuffing it pretty consistently. Maybe I just need to mess with it more but I wanted you guys opinions.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
So after a day to lab. How do you guys feel about Supes new D2? I played a long set against a local Batgirl player and was trying to use it the first couple matches on reaction and her J2 was stuffing it pretty consistently. Maybe I just need to mess with it more but I wanted you guys opinions.
Might be timing. My d2 either wins or trades at the very least

Sent from my iPhone

what's the trick with corner setup with divepunch after f2d13 in corner? it goes something like f2d13, dash in the corner, dash in other direction, jump divepunch. can't get it to work

Raynex

1. Dash into them after F2D13, you will cross them up
2. Now you're in the corner, dash into them and cross-up again so you're back where you started
3. Your opponent should now be just getting to their feet, j.D3 as quick as you can and it should cross-up

Its supposed to be visually confusing, to the point that they aren't prepared to block your cross-up dive (which will lead to a full corner combo)

So basically, dash forward twice (into and out of the corner), then instant cross-up dive!

booivi

Good Game :)
Can someone tell me the strategy behind f23 breath, f23 breath? Can the opponent backdash, jump, after 1 f23breath? What do you do against opponents who d1 you after f23 breath?

One thing I like to do occassionally is after any combo Scoop, dash under them, forward jump over them and then backward air dash and drop a combo on top pf them. This catches a lot of people.

Raynex

One thing I like to do occassionally is after any combo Scoop, dash under them, forward jump over them and then backward air dash and drop a combo on top pf them. This catches a lot of people.
I do this exact same thing. Works well because nobody techs the scoop, so they lie there for a free mix-up. This works even better at the end of corner combos. You do like 60%+, then at the 3~scoop part, you dash under, jump forwards, airdash back into the corner. If you hit it they will usually die as a result of the corner combo + the mix-up.

My dude! We are on the same page haha

Status
Not open for further replies.