What's new

The King Of Fighters XIV

I honestly wish the last two games kept going with the idea of integrating their looks from Garou(Terry in KOf2003) and Mr. Karate(NGBC and others). Mainly cause I'm such a big fan of those games and how it shows the characters had some progression throughout the years. I can only hope they are in as alternate costumes though.

C-Sword

Noob
I honestly wish the last two games kept going with the idea of integrating their looks from Garou(Terry in KOf2003) and Mr. Karate(NGBC and others). Mainly cause I'm such a big fan of those games and how it shows the characters had some progression throughout the years. I can only hope they are in as alternate costumes though.
Their different timelines are all messed up. If they do bring back Mr.Karate 2 aka Ryo, then Yuri has to be much older.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Simi-hyped for the game. I'll need to get one of those PS4 thingies, but I like the KOF series and would like to see how this turns out.

Still not loving the visuals though. It's not looking as scary as it did when they first started showing it, but there are some things that don't quite work right like character skin which looks like plastic on everyone and lacks any color variance. It kind of looks like they don't have any real material options. Everything looks like it's just made of the same stuff across the board.

It definitely doesn't look like it has the artistic soul that XIII had, but if it plays well I'm willing to give it a shot. After all, KOF players put up with dated visuals for a lot of years. I will say they seem to be trying their heart out here to get things right. I'll give them props for that.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Too hype for this. The Geese trailer was the best one yet. My characters are already in with THE GODDESS KULA, Athena, and K so leggo!

Simi-hyped for the game. I'll need to get one of those PS4 thingies, but I like the KOF series and would like to see how this turns out.

Still not loving the visuals though. It's not looking as scary as it did when they first started showing it, but there are some things that don't quite work right like character skin which looks like plastic on everyone and lacks any color variance. It kind of looks like they don't have any real material options. Everything looks like it's just made of the same stuff across the board.

It definitely doesn't look like it has the artistic soul that XIII had, but if it plays well I'm willing to give it a shot. After all, KOF players put up with dated visuals for a lot of years. I will say they seem to be trying their heart out here to get things right. I'll give them props for that.
I do not mind the visuals but I do see what you mean. I'm sure they decided to go this way cause if you've read the notes for KOF13 during its development, having everything in the game hand drawn cost them a lot of time and money. I would have loved to see another KOF with that art but if it saves them money and development time, I don't mind.

I'll say this though, the one game I wanted to see with the same KOF13 style art is a new Metal Slug. Would've been glorious seeing that in action.

d3v

SRK
Like they did last time and still make games?

Just because people bite at jank games doesn't make them any less janky.
Let's be real here, XII and XIII almost killed the company. If it weren't for the Chinese buying them out, they wouldn't even be alive today.

Even then, they had already had to get rid of most of their development staff leading them to have to hire new staff (which may not be a bad thing, since they ended up hiring old alot of 1990's SNK veterans).

More importantly, look at the cast of XIII compared to XIV. There's no way they'd be able to do 50 characters if they were doing them like they did the sprites of XIII, at least not if they want to survive as a company.