What's new

Match Footage - Kano The Kano video thread

DFC

Cutthroat Truther

It's not match footage, but it's just a timing difference on hitboxes, which seems useless, because apparently I adjusted my timing to female hitboxes already.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Here are 9 matches against my friend's Necro Shinny. This set was a lot less frustrating than my normal sets against his Shinny for some reason, but the result is usually the same. I feel completely lost when I'm shut down like that, and if I wasn't planning to post these, there probably would've been at least one match where I gave up.

It's weird watching these, by the way. Because I can see how far I've come, but I can see how far I have to go as well

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Here are 9 matches against my friend's Necro Shinny. This set was a lot less frustrating than my normal sets against his Shinny for some reason, but the result is usually the same. I feel completely lost when I'm shut down like that, and if I wasn't planning to post these, there probably would've been at least one match where I gave up.

It's weird watching these, by the way. Because I can see how far I've come, but I can see how far I have to go as well
That was rough to watch. But necro flick has gawd awful tracking. So you can just run in and itll just miss. And its -a butt ton. He has to do df4 to catch your run but its -20. Sparkle range is where you have to be weary at

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Yeah man, I know I should dash and run past it, but when I get into Hell Sparks I usually get knocked back anyway. I'd grind out his matchup with him, but I still have to Grind out his Ermac, HQT and Raiden, as well as a few other characters other people play. Plus, it could've been worse, his punishes were off today.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
@DougDFC I remeber you saying that you were not sure about how to fight alist. Hopefully the video helps so you can get an idea
I see it's posted AFTER i played a 2/3 against him.

Here's how it went.

Match 1: He thrashes me because I don't know
Match 2: Went to Sorcerer Quan Chi, and sucked away all his meter so I won
Match 3: He won with his cassie against my Quan Chi

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Aside from the knifes where he JIK's me, and poking when he whiffs, not much?
Well staying grounded helps. He punished air balls and armoured out Of your follow up from a ji. Back dash or d4 jump ins to wiff and not eat dammy and get knocked out. Hes scary up close but you gotta stay much more composed haha. You had some really good reads. Watch the auto pilot knives and bait shadow kick. Neutral duck and punish with 112.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
The commando play. So smooth. Lets me know Im approaching him in an intelligent way though, even if my execution is worse.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
I uploaded me vs DJT from EVO. I looked back at the match several times. So I know many things that were wrong on my end in my opinion (missed tick grabs from D4, Too meter conservative when I could have used the EX Knives block advantage, not anti airing and a couple more things.) Just trying to get more content for you guys to learn from so enjoy

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I uploaded me vs DJT from EVO. I looked back at the match several times. So I know many things that were wrong on my end in my opinion (missed tick grabs from D4, Too meter conservative when I could have used the EX Knives block advantage, not anti airing and a couple more things.) Just trying to get more content for you guys to learn from so enjoy

My heart is still broken, Coach.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
You looked good mate. Also your Kano was doing good :p

Why do you go for ball ender midscreen though?
For up ball? Cause it pushes them full screen. I had tested it out and with pop up(or meter with cyber). Up ball and ball make you land at about the same place but ball has more advantage. Meterless grounded combos, up ball puts them 2 steps untill your full screen. While ball is like b2 range. And against kk (especially sg) and tanya i want them as far as possible. Or at least vs this guy cause he was having trouble getting in. Kinda long explanation haha but thats why.