What's new

Match Footage - Kano The Kano video thread

DFC

Cutthroat Truther

This match happened yesterday. As you can see, I'm the greatest player ever, and had loads of experience against non HW Jax players

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
What equipment are you guys using to record? I am thinking of getting an Elgato or Hauppage or something similar. I have a headset with a mic so I am thinking of using that to narrate for some tutorial videos and stuff like that.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.

This match happened yesterday. As you can see, I'm the greatest player ever, and had loads of experience against non HW Jax players
Not bad at all. Try to work on converting those air to air ji1s into at least a command grab, though you can get a full juggle combo potentially. Also need more dmg in the corner. You hit him with a couple 32s in the corner and left lots of dmg on the table. Do you use 32 a lot as pressure?

Last edited:

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Not bad at all. Try to work on converting those air to air ji1s into at least a command grab, though you can get a full juggle combo potentially. Also need more dmg in the corner. You hit him with a couple 32s in the corner and left lots of dmg on the table. Do you use 32 a lot as pressure?
Yes, 32 has been my Goto for pressure and blockstrings. I didn't think he wouldn't be blocking 3 times in a row.

FlappyDaniel

You should think about varying and using b13, 2 and 2f4, and b31 more. Idk the frame data on 32 by heart but I kind of consider that one of his more booty strings and rarely use it.

ando1184

Noob
To put it simply, when I do combos in any game. Whatever my fingers try and do, that's whats going to come out. Lolol. I'll take a look at the combo you mention 35% is good and i probably should do that more anyway
That's understandable, I'm guilty of that sometimes too. I think the 35% combo is just imbedded into my hands because I discovered that and made it my bnb by day 3 after release.

ando1184

Noob

Not too bad but you need to convert off of your hit confirms. Standing 32 is 9f startup and -1 on block. Doing that in the corner is a good option for pressure with the MB knives. Try and use some tic throws in your game as well.

Edit: vs jax specifically; when you duck his dash punch you can stand up and 112 punish. If he wakes up with the knee you and you're as far was you were in that vid, then walk forward and b1. It AA's and is a great move for pressure all around.

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Really liked the sets from coachsteve. I can see that commando getting deadlier in time with more tick throws, cmd grabbing more for damage and positioning instead of regular throwing on punishes, and perhaps a few parries. I too am guilty of just letting my fingers go though like he was saying so I get that with the throws. But I agree with that he's harder to play.

Enjoyed the other video's as well. LOL at Decay's response to the bagging quan. Plus his vids are always entertaining with the text he puts in them during the fights. Keep em coming!

FlappyDaniel

Ok then so 32 ain't bad frame wise, I guess I just don't like the range on the 3 but you don't need range in the corner

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

You did something I do all the time, not use your meter much. You did at the end to try to catch up but you're missing out on more pressure or armored moves in some cases. I'm not the best at converting off of J1's or when I get surprised when I expect them to block either. Just gotta get that xp until you do get them.

FlappyDaniel

Yes I still miss juggles when I go for the full b312 and they don't block the last hit lol . I mixup the b31 and the full string a lot but it still catches me off lol

Decay

King of the Bill
Yes I still miss juggles when I go for the full b312 and they don't block the last hit lol . I mixup the b31 and the full string a lot but it still catches me off lol
You should probably do 11 after a b312 because if the last hit hits, 11 will come out and if it is blocked, 11 won't come out because you're negative on it. It's a slight option select. You can always hit confirm late with a down 3, then b13 command throw. Max damage being 11, 11, 112 command throw though

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Just in case anybody didnt see this. Dont know if anybody tried this combo yet. (Obviously you would want to end with front command grab to maintain the corner but i just felt like slamming them on their neck)

You think you could sneak that 2 between the 3 and the knife? I'm trying right now, but I can't even 11 112 after it

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
So, there was this online bracket kind of thing me and a few other people do every other week. And I'm debating on whether or not to chop out my matches for some critiquing(again). I'd just post the whole thing, but it's 3 hours long, and divided into 2 or three streams because twitch crashed

FlappyDaniel

Just link the past broadcast from the stream, give us your timestamps. Otherwise yeah just edit out everything but yours if you can.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Fine jeez stop begging for them, here they are. Feel free to laugh at how predictable and bad I am.

part 3 just doesn't want to upload...

FlappyDaniel

game 1 raiden was booty, you mixed up well, just left lot of dmg on the table.

second game as commando you didnt use a single b1 all fight and showing wakeup upball a little too much love, also when throwing knives you want to be careful on your spacing. if theyre a character length away, in jump in range they can punish you for it, and it just lookedkinda like you were autopilot throwing knives at certain ranges.

3rd fight against tanya you were using soooooo much air kano ball and its so unsafe. a better defensive player would have been blowin you the fuck up for doin that.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Yeah, I use too much Air ball. But in my defense it's a really good air to air tool

FlappyDaniel

For air to air it's fine, I'm talking about when you YOLO it and hope they don't block. It's ok to mix in but you were overusing. Just keep it in mind

I tend to panic and do it to get in , I just find it doesn't work against an aware opponent

Last edited:

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
For air to air it's fine, I'm talking about when you YOLO it and hope they don't block. It's ok to mix in but you were overusing. Just keep it in mind

I tend to panic and do it to get in , I just find it doesn't work against an aware opponent
More or less me.

I'm so diappointed, because part 3 I actually get a brutality with it

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Fine jeez stop begging for them, here they are. Feel free to laugh at how predictable and bad I am.

part 3 just doesn't want to upload...
Doug, for Cutt what you need to do is slow down a little so you can see what you are doing. If you are close enough to land two consecutive D3's, then that means you can step up with enough hit asvantage for a free 50/50. If they push anything you get a free combo so take advantage of the +frames on hit instead of following up with extra D3's.

Use D4 a little more too when farther out. You can use D4 into knives to check them if they move, and once they start blocking after do D4 into quick run cancel B31.

After a blocked EX Knives always use something to take advantage of the +frames. F2, quick run, etc.

End your combos in hard knockdown Kano ball, not slice. That way you have the ability to follow up any way you want and keep momentum. Especially in the corner. In the corner set up buff or EX Buff and kill their life bar.

I can tell you're a smart player. You know what you're doing and how you're trying to play which is a good thing. Those are the main things I noticed that would help you take your game to the next level.