What's new

Combo List - Kano The Kano Kombo Thread 2.0

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hitbox is master race for command grab inputs as well. b1 dbf 4? My left thumb is going to suffer
Sure will probably if you're not used to it lol But I play Jason as a secondary and can play him equally as well on pad as my hitbox. B1~Grab is a big part of his game :p

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Not sure if these corner combos are known. Doesn't seem to work on most females, but haven't tested the cast yet.

Commando:
B312, NJP, B312, 112~Grab - 41%

Cutthroat:
B312, NJP, B312, 112~Ball - 38%

F212, NJP, 4~Slice, 112~Ball - 36% (don't believe it's hitbox dependent)

NOS4A2

Noob
Sorry if this was posted before but I havent been able to find it. I have a 49% 1 bar corner combo ending with a hard knockdown and 47% 1 bar restand (works on males and females) that I found today.
Edit: Cybernetic only

Last edited:

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Sorry if this was posted before but I havent been able to find it. I have a 49% 1 bar corner combo ending with a hard knockdown and 47% 1 bar restand (works on males and females) that I found today.
Edit: Cybernetic only
Nice, shame I cant do B312 B 312...

-F212 RC 11 xx DB1 112 xx BF3 [30/40/45%]

I can make it up to the xxDB1 but drop the 112 95% of the time. I'm wondering if this has to do w/ my timing of the 11 before the cancel. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. This character is a lot of fun w/ the hack n' slash style and I want do him justice.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I apologize for letting the OP die, I promise to update it soon! But I have some questions, and looking through 5 or 6 pages is pretty boresome.

1. Are the EX buff cutthroat midscreen combos still F212 F212 RC 112 xx BF3, or is that other, harder to execute one found by (i think) @Youphemism the standard now? Also, I do not remember the inputs, but I remember a meterless blade slice was involved.

2. What would the Corner (or screen switch to corner) and midscreen commando combos off 321+3MB? I do not remember ever putting any time or effort into them because I believed that it was not worth any merit, as it was unsafe, less versatile, and less optimal than the Ball Cancel combos, which while they may have required a bit of git gud, were better in every way

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I apologize for letting the OP die, I promise to update it soon! But I have some questions, and looking through 5 or 6 pages is pretty boresome.

1. Are the EX buff cutthroat midscreen combos still F212 F212 RC 112 xx BF3, or is that other, harder to execute one found by (i think) @Youphemism the standard now? Also, I do not remember the inputs, but I remember a meterless blade slice was involved.

2. What would the Corner (or screen switch to corner) and midscreen commando combos off 321+3MB? I do not remember ever putting any time or effort into them because I believed that it was not worth any merit, as it was unsafe, less versatile, and less optimal than the Ball Cancel combos, which while they may have required a bit of git gud, were better in every way
F212, F212, rc~112~BF3 is still a bnb because it's easier but I believe F212, rc~11~DB1, 112~BF3 does slightly more damage and is what Cutthroats should be doing all the time.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
F212, F212, rc~112~BF3 is still a bnb because it's easier but I believe F212, rc~11~DB1, 112~BF3 does slightly more damage and is what Cutthroats should be doing all the time.
Okay, when I get my stuff set back up since I just got home from Winter Brawl (I'm pretty famous, you know. I was absolutely DESTROYED on stream in pool 1) I'll try to compile the damage numbers.

ando1184

Noob

Commando's 32,1+3 MB, nip, RC 32, 112 command grab = 32 or 33%. Can't remember off the top of my head but that's around what you get midscreen. Was there a better one for this @MsMiharo ?

Jupe

Noob
One problem with doing f212 rc 11db1, is that you need to have stamina earlier in the combo compared to f212 f212. Apart form that, it's superior at the moment with less damage scaling and more meter build, but I read someone say that db1 scaling has been increased in beta, so we'll have to wait until mkxl to see, if it still is the better option damage wise.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I have a problem with doing this combo. After db1 it either sends the opponent too far to do 112 or it drops him behind me.hehe
Yeah you have to time the rc~11 kinda specifically but the timing's not too difficult after some time in practice :)

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Since the rumor of Blade Slice scaling, I'll hold off on this work until I get my hands on MKXL

Damn that NRS and stopping us Kano players from having our 70% 3 Bar Cutthroat corner kombos!

Jupe

Noob
It's official, they've increased the damage scaling of db1 in combos, f212 11db1 112bf3 is now 28%. From 30 game set, i think they have also increased how high f212 launches the opponent or reduced the gravity scaling, making fall slower, but not 100% sure about that.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
It's official, they've increased the damage scaling of db1 in combos, f212 11db1 112bf3 is now 28%. From 30 game set, i think they have also increased how high f212 launches the opponent or reduced the gravity scaling, making fall slower, but not 100% sure about that.
It feels like thye did. I can do F212 F212 F4 KB with ease now.xD

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
I was messing around with Commando after I heard he got a new string, and I tried out a combo of my own.
Not much damage for 2 bars, but it still looked pretty nice.

Commando:
112, Ex Kano Ball (cancel), Run, 32 + Ex Grab, 22, Command Grab (Any works fine, preferably Power Slam)
If I recall, its like 36% - 40%; around that range.

ando1184

Noob
Not sure if it's worth the execution since I've only nailed it once but in commando, 112, ex ball cancel, dash njp, RC 32, 22, command grab = 37% 1 bar

Edit:

B13, 1+3 mb, b1, njp, 22, command grab = 32%

Last edited:

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I'm currently recording combos for VIDEOS PART 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO. But I have to ask. Should I remove less optimal combos like B312 32~ and Leave in B312 B1 32, or just create a section for "lower execution combos" and move them there? Right now I see no reason to do B312 32 112, when I can do B312 B1 32 112 or even B312 B312, which has become really easy to do.