What's new

Combo List - Jason Voorhees The Jason Voorhees Combo Thread

zoofs

bless
It's his brain dead variation, to be honest. You get dumb damage just from f42 loops into 111~df1. 36% anywhere, 38% corner without meter. Imagine if his f42 was safe on block.

His corner game isn't too shabby, however. If people are afraid to wakeup, you can f2~df1 or f2~bf2 if they have a tendency to block low, which they should due to the threat of f42.

But I think Relentless is his best variation. I just suck with it 'cause of the command grab inputs. I can't tick throw worth a fuck.
yeah I'm aware of that stuff, I just mean I don't understand how anyone is supposed to compete with much better chars while playing that variation. His only strong point is clearing out rounds or somewhat in the corner, it seems. His 50/50 is definitely subpar compared to the rest of the cast, which is disappointing. I honestly think he should have faster startup on some stuff, and f42 being safe wouldn't even be that great really; if they didn't change startup on it. It is so incredibly easy to react to, and essentially one of his only good combo starters outside of b122 (midscreen)

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I have to agree with everything said above.
While he has some sick and easy meterless and meter damage in mid/corner, he pretty much only has his F42 and F2, that's it. Don't even make me start talking about his slow ass normals and even more shitty pokes. When you face someone fast and super aggressive, who can also out-poke you, you are good as dead meat.
Oh and his punishing options are almost non existant, unless we talk about full combo punishable unsafe special moves. Other than that he's slow as fcuk.

He's fun to use and can work really good against SOME characters, but overall he's still pretty useless against faster opponents. And like others said, there's no way he's gonna be used in Majors or any other high level tournament.

I think it's time for me to also explore relentless.

I have to agree with everything said above.
While he has some sick and easy meterless and meter damage in mid/corner, he pretty much only has his F42 and F2, that's it. Don't even make me start talking about his slow ass normals and even more shitty pokes. When you face someone fast and super aggressive, who can also out-poke you, you are good as dead meat.
Oh and his punishing options are almost non existant, unless we talk about full combo punishable unsafe special moves. Other than that he's slow as fcuk.

He's fun to use and can work really good against SOME characters, but overall he's still pretty useless against faster opponents. And like others said, there's no way he's gonna be used in Majors or any other high level tournament.

I think it's time for me to also explore relentless.
Let's not forget that he has one of the best projectiles in the game, an excellent njp and jip, I like 122 since 12 is +2 and 122DF1 does an easy 21%, and he has a unique move that grants him hyper armor: it's really too early to be complaining.
The only thing I hate is the tracking on his shoulder special -.-

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Let's not forget that he has one of the best projectiles in the game, an excellent njp and jip, I like 122 since 12 is +2 and 122DF1 does an easy 21%, and he has a unique move that grants him hyper armor: it's really too early to be complaining.
One of the best projectiles? WUT

His projectile is pretty okay, but that's about it. Its saving grace is the fact that it's a mid.

One of the best projectiles? WUT

His projectile is pretty okay, but that's about it. Its saving grace is the fact that it's a mid.
Well it's not like Jaqui's one :p but the fact that it's a mid with a pretty big hitbox and deals 9% damage makes it really good even if it is -19 (I think?) on block, I might be wrong but so far I'm really liking it.

E

Eldriken

Well it's not like Jaqui's one :p but the fact that it's a mid with a pretty big hitbox and deals 9% damage makes it really good even if it is -19 (I think?) on block, I might be wrong but so far I'm really liking it.
I almost forgot another perk, it's a fucking armored projectile when you EX it, LOL. Fancy that, eh?

But trust me, I use it plenty, but not up close. >_>

Last edited by a moderator:
Went and tried some stuff in the OP. The 111 towards the end of most air combos has a decently high chance of missing with timing (think net code here) and only grants 1% to 2% extra damage at the risk of dropping the ending special damage, so I don't think it's worth it for me.

Anyway, I put some of those bread & butter combos on video in case anyone wanted to see what it looked like (in proper 60 fps unlike some videos here with 15-20 fps, yeesh.)

JRosa21

Noob
You going to be at Combo Breaker!? Now I'm excited!
I indeed am and intend to show how slasher should be played...too many people just throw things out. Patience is key as Jason. Just wait. Don't hit buttons all the time and take advantage of his range.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I completely disagree with the notion that Slasher Jason can't compete. He is very simple, but simple isn't necessarily a bad thing, and in fact, I'd argue is generally a good thing in the long run.

It's his brain dead variation, to be honest. You get dumb damage just from f42 loops into 111~df1. 36% anywhere, 38% corner without meter. Imagine if his f42 was safe on block.

His corner game isn't too shabby, however. If people are afraid to wakeup, you can f2~df1 or f2~bf2 if they have a tendency to block low, which they should due to the threat of f42.

But I think Relentless is his best variation. I just suck with it 'cause of the command grab inputs. I can't tick throw worth a fuck.
I've posted a 40% overhead starter combo with him. Check it out amigo aha