What's new

Combo List - Jason Voorhees The Jason Voorhees Combo Thread

E

Eldriken

somebody give me a corner combo with meter please

relentless. There's gotta be sometihng good
Using meter in combos is pointless. They don't add much damage at all.

You can do f2, 32u1, b122, 111~df1 for 34%.

You wanna try and end them all in df1 to keep them in the corner, obviously.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Yeah Jason is reliant on meter to armor moves to get through pressure. No point using it unless you're ending a round or winning a game.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I have to agree with everything said above.
While he has some sick and easy meterless and meter damage in mid/corner, he pretty much only has his F42 and F2, that's it. Don't even make me start talking about his slow ass normals and even more shitty pokes. When you face someone fast and super aggressive, who can also out-poke you, you are good as dead meat.
Oh and his punishing options are almost non existant, unless we talk about full combo punishable unsafe special moves. Other than that he's slow as fcuk.

He's fun to use and can work really good against SOME characters, but overall he's still pretty useless against faster opponents. And like others said, there's no way he's gonna be used in Majors or any other high level tournament.

I think it's time for me to also explore relentless.
Except CEO :DOGE

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this or not but here is a 59% (44% without damage buff) combo for Jason's Unstoppable variation I just came up with:

DD3, JI2, F2, 3, X-Ray

Last edited:
I couldn't get the NJP corner combos in the OP to work on small hitbox characters, so I attempted to find something that would. What I found is not the best corner combo, but it starts mid and it works on small hitbox characters.

Relentless/Unstoppable

b122-24-d1-d1-111-df3 (28%)

As it's a b1 starter, it's 12 frames start up and can be performed from just outside sweep distance. You can therefore (theoretically) bait a wake up attempt, punish, knock down, rinse and repeat. You are trading start up speed for damage, so bare that in mind.

From max starting distance, this combo works, but the second d1 increases the gravity, making the window for the df1 to connect smaller. In those instances, you can miss out one d1 input and get 27% instead. (For some reason, starting this combo at point blank range makes the second d1 easier to connect and the choke not whiff. It probably had something to do with the initial corner carry affecting the gravity in some way, but I can't be sure.)

Hope this is useful to somebody.

Hi guys, extreme noob here, can i know (using relentless) how to time the DBF1/DBF2/DF1 at the end of the combos? i have always seen the animation came out but it does not grab the target... can anyone explain to me pls? I did not set the dummy anything tho, thx.

Hi guys, extreme noob here, can i know (using relentless) how to time the DBF1/DBF2/DF1 at the end of the combos? i have always seen the animation came out but it does not grab the target... can anyone explain to me pls? I did not set the dummy anything tho, thx.
Which combos in particular are you having trouble with? If you tell me which ones you're attempting, I'll break them down for you and show you what to do.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
you mean they drop to the ground before you hit them, or your grabs go right through them?

Which combos in particular are you having trouble with? If you tell me which ones you're attempting, I'll break them down for you and show you what to do.
its the combos which are listed in the 1st page... such as F2, 24, B122, 111, DBF1/DBF2... however, my DBF seemed to whiff everytime...thx.
you mean they drop to the ground before you hit them, or your grabs go right through them?
my grabs seemed to go through them. thx.

its the combos which are listed in the 1st page... such as F2, 24, B122, 111, DBF1/DBF2... however, my DBF seemed to whiff everytime...thx.

my grabs seemed to go through them. thx.
Ok, I've tested it and the combo does work. From what you're saying my guess is that you are doing the 111 string and then doing the DBF1 afterwards instead of cancelling the 111 into the DBF1.

To practice this and get your execution down, do the following.

1) Slowly practice the following input on the dummy

1,1,down+1,back,forward+1

To begin with you will likely only get a few punches come out, but that's fine. The idea is to get the muscles in your hands used to working in tandem with one another.

2) Gradually increase the speed of your inputs. Eventually Jason will start doing the 111 chain cancelled into back breaker.

During this period, the following may happen:

Jason does 111- corpse grab

This is because you are entering the following

'1,1,down+1,back+1, forward' or '1,1, down, back+1, forward+1'

What is happening here is that the game is registering you incorrect input as an instruction to perform Corpse Grab.

It is also possible that you might be getting choke to come out too. That is because you are not hitting the back input at all (possibly hitting the centre of the d-pad and having it register as a down or forward.

Sometimes Jason will jump. This is because you've pressed one of the three up inputs.

To correct these problems, go back to doing the inputs slowly and speed up again.

Some things to bare in mind:

This combo has flaws. First of all, it starts with an F2. F2 is as slow as balls and only really practical for punishes. Don't make it your go to footsie tool.

Secondly, dbf1 causes a side switch (so does dbf2). Jason's combos have great corner carry, but by ending combos in dbf1 you end up switching sides and putting yourself in the corner. You are better off ending in df1 for several reasons; it's easier, it does more damage and it throws them in the corner.

Save dbf1 for tick throws and learn to do 24-dbf2 as the throw connects in both hit and block.

A good mid screen combo to learn is b112-run cancel-b112-111-df1

Don't be put off by the run cancel. It's actually quite easy, and this is a great combo to learn it with as the timing is quite lenient.

Ok, I've tested it and the combo does work. From what you're saying my guess is that you are doing the 111 string and then doing the DBF1 afterwards instead of cancelling the 111 into the DBF1.

To begin with you will likely only get a few punches come out, but that's fine. The idea is to get the muscles in your hands used to working in tandem with one another.

2) Gradually increase the speed of your inputs. Eventually Jason will start doing the 111 chain cancelled into back breaker.

What is happening here is that the game is registering you incorrect input as an instruction to perform Corpse Grab.

It is also possible that you might be getting choke to come out too. That is because you are not hitting the back input at all (possibly hitting the centre of the d-pad and having it register as a down or forward.

Sometimes Jason will jump. This is because you've pressed one of the three up inputs.

To correct these problems, go back to doing the inputs slowly and speed up again.

This combo has flaws. First of all, it starts with an F2. F2 is as slow as balls and only really practical for punishes. Don't make it your go to footsie tool.

Secondly, dbf1 causes a side switch (so does dbf2). Jason's combos have great corner carry, but by ending combos in dbf1 you end up switching sides and putting yourself in the corner. You are better off ending in df1 for several reasons; it's easier, it does more damage and it throws them in the corner.

Save dbf1 for tick throws and learn to do 24-dbf2 as the throw connects in both hit and block.

Don't be put off by the run cancel. It's actually quite easy, and this is a great combo to learn it with as the timing is quite lenient.

Thx man... much appreciated... heading into lab right now

Blade4693

VIVIVI
it's in the op already, and does work on female chars. Relatively easy timing, just definitely hard online.

the combo is actually f2xxbf3, d1, b122, 111xxdf1 = 35%
I just can't seem to get the d1 to connect, the opponent always drops to the ground before it hits. Any tips?

zoofs

bless
I just can't seem to get the d1 to connect, the opponent always drops to the ground before it hits. Any tips?
I don't play jason anymore and haven't since this thread was created but its just all about timing, it's pretty strict and probably way harder on females even.

after the bf3 connects you can't start mashing out the d1 but you do still need to do it very early, just keep trying it

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I don't play jason anymore and haven't since this thread was created but its just all about timing, it's pretty strict and probably way harder on females even.

after the bf3 connects you can't start mashing out the d1 but you do still need to do it very early, just keep trying it
Maybe thats my issue, as soon as I input the charge I start holding down and mashing 1, and it comes out way too late :/ I really need to get it down so I can have both a low starter and a overhead starter for the corner lol

zoofs

bless
Maybe thats my issue, as soon as I input the charge I start holding down and mashing 1, and it comes out way too late :/ I really need to get it down so I can have both a low starter and a overhead starter for the corner lol
yeah its honestly just dumb that its even strict lol, the rest of the character has pretty low execution requirements and its not like the damage is that insane either

Blade4693

VIVIVI
yeah its honestly just dumb that its even strict lol, the rest of the character has pretty low execution requirements and its not like the damage is that insane either
True. I haven't come across any combos that have taken me this long to learn in this game before lol