What's new

General/Other The Jade Kouncil

Do you like the idea of the Jade Kouncil?

• Total voters

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
if it's tonight, I doubt I can make it, birthday party for one of my home-boy! However I'm free 5pm east+ almost every day :)

if possible (and not already done) could the first post have huge font of the next meeting? I'd love to pop in and chit chat with you guys

Goldi

Noob
No one should be leaving the Jade forum. I'm already seeing an intense decline in poster diversity.

And this is positively the worst thing we can allow to happen. Especially with Jade. She's a character that gets made into being completely yours. You never hear of a flow chart or cookie cutter Jade. Jade players tend to find their style and stick with it.

This is nothing short of inspirational, people. That is just how versatile Jade is. And people play her in such very different ways. And instead of being grateful for players sharing their version of her, we frequently get overly critical and are inclined to believe "they're doing it wrong".

The more contributors we lose, the more we're denying ourselves a chance to learn. With such varying play styles, there are bound to be disagreements. But all of us have a stake in keeping them civil and productive. Still, sometimes this forum is a freaking tinderbox.

I've said this before actually. Jade isn't a character that can survive with only one or two representatives. We need to appreciate what all posters bring to the conversation. We don't have to agree with it, but it's not worth being cruel to each other over. It doesn't even matter. Just don't get into it if its not your thing or if you can't be diplomatic in your reasoning.

I could ramble on ... I'll save it for podcast or another post I guess lol. I know, I get kinda... Protective of the MK community. Especially Jade players. And I feel responsible to keep things peaceful and informative. And please always feel free, to use the report button, text or pm me or another mod if you see an unprovoked, overly hostile post, or anything that directly violates the site's rules.

I want to see this forum become helpful and friendly with a variety of opinions and strategies. Let's not let it stagnate.

Gruff757

The Gruff
Seriously. What is going on with you guys/gals? We used to get along so well. Im with Goldy, this crap needs to end and we need to return to the Jade forum that wasnt constantly bitching towards each other over little petty shit such as who glows and who doesnt, who goes for raw damage and who goes for resets, etc. Just stop it.

Edit: Its bad enough that our character is looked at as a joke, we dont need our community to be looked at as such. Get a grip people.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm done arguing about Jade.
Then don't "argue" about Jade. Chance and Octopus are just as entitled to their opinions as you are.

I messaged Blake about not being able to attend the kouncil due to being called into work ( I work in Nursing so I'm basically a slave who must report to work, lol) but I wanted to leave my talking point/thesis that I was going to discuss. STB Espio GLoRToR GamerBlake90 I would kindly appreciate any three of you lovely gentleman to read this on my behalf, if for nothing else, to express my philosophy and what Jade players should be evolving to.

This is my talking point I was prepared to present at the Kouncil:

I am a huge proponent of taking responsibility and holding ones self accountable for a loss. I'm constantly hearing so and so saying they lost a match because "insert character here" loses to "insert character here". See, this just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not in denial that some characters are better than others and that there are hellish MU's out there, but that does NOT equal AUTOMATIC LOSS. This is Point #1. If you are constantly losing against a certain character then YOU need to level up and improve yourself.

With that said, this seems to be the tragic tale for Jade and the many who have come into her life. We all have our opinions on how she should be played; we all have our opinions on "to Glow or not to Glow"; we all have our frustrations on some of her slow moving normals and her weak damage. Fine, so be it. But the only way Jade is going to get better is if the players playing her improve. As opposed to other players, who say "look...I've played Jade offline and I'm telling you she ISN'T VIABLE", my first and natural response is "So what you are saying to me, is, that since you failed with Jade she is no longer viable?" I believe we all have our own talents and abilities and some are better with Jade than others, but I don't think it's logical for someone to pick up Jade for a month or so, take her to a tournament, get bodied, then report back this conclusion. Point#2: It is not a "FACT" that Jade is unviable to win a tournament. It is merely an opinion.

Finally, I was reading Chance's Jade Guide from 2011, and he made a point that really resinated well with me that I believe still stands true to this day. He mentioned that Jade is an immensely difficult character to master and people still don't quite know how she should be played. In a way, that hits the nail on the head for me. Jade is incredibly difficult to learn and to compete with, does this mean, in this present day, we have her totally figured out? No. Does this mean because certain alleged top players "tried" Jade out and failed with her that she isn't viable? No. It just means, that if you intend on maining Jade, you have to become a monster of a character. I believe this is possible. Jade is my third in command and I'm willing to put forth the time and effort and TALENT to win with Jade. Point #3: Jade PLAYERS need to become like Shang Tsung PLAYERS...a vast and deep knowledge of the entire cast and to be a frame data God. ;)

Tom Brady, who I'm friends with offline, once said after defeating Forever King and MK Legend with his Subzero (whom he admitted he didn't think he was going to win) said with fire and passion that it does not matter what character you play, if you can make good reads and can execute YOU CAN WIN WITH ANYONE. Granted, he may have been high in the moment, but this is a statement that I do believe can be labeled as "FACT".

So...that's my talking points. I hope you guys have fun and keep it positive and constructive, despite the recent drama and despite some of the words said out of frustration and anger. :)

RunwayMafia

Seriously. What is going on with you guys/gals? We used to get along so well. Im with Goldy, this crap needs to end and we need to return to the Jade forum that wasnt constantly bitching towards each other over little petty shit such as who glows and who doesnt, who goes for raw damage and who goes for resets, etc. Just stop it.

Edit: Its bad enough that our character is looked at as a joke, we dont need our community to be looked at as such. Get a grip people.
Well, to be fair, this is partly my fault, when I went all drama queen towards Birdsongs. I have since apologized and checked my own ass into gear. I'm a pretty nice guy and I regret turning into a wretched prick over "Jade talk". Lol.

Goldi

Noob
Just hang in there with me. It's my fault as mod for failing to act and allowing things to spiral in some threads. I promise I will keep the forums as civil, and sweet as I've seen from it in the past. Even if it means taking an unpopular stance. I don't want to lose ANY Jade posters. And I don't want us ostracized from the rest of the MK character community for appearing cruel or elitist or unrealistic and unreasonable.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Edit: Not quitting. Just done arguing about her. I cannot prove my integrity nor do I have the desire to, anymore.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Well sorry, I can only fight the same war for so long.
I'm done.
Jade knowledge- I has it. Unfortunately I cannot connect with americans to prove it, nor do I have the drive anymore to do so. If I turn on my ps I'm in the lab in this game or another game and that is even rare these days.
See you in a week.

RunwayMafia

Just hang in there with me. It's my fault as mod for failing to act and allowing things to spiral in some threads. I promise I will keep the forums as civil, and sweet as I've seen from it in the past. Even if it means taking an unpopular stance. I don't want to lose ANY Jade posters. And I don't want us ostracized from the rest of the MK character community for appearing cruel or elitist or unrealistic and unreasonable.
In my opinion, you are doing a great job as moderator. Plus, you are by far the prettiest of all the moderators and we are lucky to have you. ;)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It is fun getting snickered at and being made fun of while you are trying to explain that you never meant to offend anybody.
Good times.

'night

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
RunwayMafia - your message was passed on.

Thanks to everyone for attending the Council. I feel it is a bit incomplete, as we did not quite get all the requested names on the show, but if you were to express interest in a second gathering....you need only let me know. The footage is archived if anyone wants to review it.

I don't contribute much to Test your might, so most people probably don't know me. But I mained Jade from Day1, til about february 2012. I still pick her on occasion. and know alot about her.

I'd like to discuss with everyone if you'll have me. considering I don't follow test your might much(except for frame data), I might have different insight on the way she's played.

RunwayMafia

RunwayMafia - your message was passed on.

Thanks to everyone for attending the Council. I feel it is a bit incomplete, as we did not quite get all the requested names on the show, but if you were to express interest in a second gathering....you need only let me know. The footage is archived if anyone wants to review it.
....yup...so I've heard. Hopefully I can attend the sequel.