What's new

The Gods of MK9 and the Gods of Injustice

Which answer in the poll best suits your opinion?

• I agree with both of these lists

• I agree with your MK9 list, not your Injustice list

• I agree with your Injustice list, not your MK9 list

• I agree with neither list

Results are only viewable after voting.
The gods are the winners of majors and i guess the demi gods should be the top 8 placers. I don't know all of mk9 but the gods are...

PL
REO
PIG
WAFFLES (SMOKE!!!)
CDJR (I THINK)

injustice gods are
Kdz
Sonicfox
Theo
Jupiter
Chris G
Forever King

Gods win it all.

Cupcake

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Since we are having dick waving contests recently I'd like to throw my two inches into the air if you guys ever make a Gods of Gears of War or Gods of Destiny thread.

Thanks. ;)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
someone who calls himself a "God" twice really needs his dose of getting bodied by an online scrub.

on a side note, i dont agree with any list, but with injustice more than MK

In MK, there is an undisputed top 3 imo:

CD jr.
REO
Perfect Legend

In Injustice, there are also 3 that rank "GDLK" level:

Sonic Fox
Theo
Jupiter
and maybe KDZ as 4th.
I couldn't tell you the last time @FOREVER KING didn't get top 8 in either game at a Major.

The dude's dope lol

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
lol...you can be the best player on earth and I will not idiolize a video game player as a god. that is just ridiculous. I do however feel people that keep community events and tournaments alive and stream them and do it out of passion deserve praise, because they are making fun exciting events happen because of their love of the game...and not doing it for fame.

Hmm, DJT only missed one mk9 top 8 and won an evo, need I say more? :p. Also in mk9, I have beat some of these so called "gods" so I am on their lvl either way #YEEEAAPPPP
Edit: me and DJT are 2 of the I believe six players to have an evo medal in both games (pig, bit, REO, Chris g, and I may have forgot someone haha but I think I am right with these 4 added with me and DJT).
I think the gods of smash actually make sense since those players literally are always in the top 8 at the same time no matter what. However this is a fun list for some discussion, ppl should not get butthurt about this tho cuz @FOREVER KING just stating his opinion.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Honestly the meta is higher now than it ever was in MK9. I can see it especially when I watch Perfect Legend and Sonicfox play, I think Perfect Legend now in MK9 is better than he ever was since it was released. If Perfect Legend went back in time and played his past Evo2011 or Evo2012 self, I think the current PL would body the shit out of him free. Same as Sonicfox
lol nope

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Can't argue with either list. There are some people that can be argued like Pig or Curbo or Detroit, who didn't rack up quite as many huge moments but absolutely left the same kind of profound mark on the span of the game. You especially, King, since cats like you were always consistent but didn't really get to shine the brightest until MK9 got its second wind in the later years.
But over its entire lifetime, if I had to make a solid Top 5, it'd be REO, Carl, Bit, Sonic Fox, and DJT, who I give the edge over the rest of you because of his amazing run at EVO 2013 - going against the scariest player AND character there are and finally getting Cyrax the big major win he had coming.

The one guy who it's a fucking tragedy he couldn't get more stateside battle to prove his infinite cosmic power HAS to be Foxy Grampa.
Next to Sonic Fox, I've never seen anybody play at the outright scary destructive speed he can go.

I want to see a 5V5 between the MK9 gods of 2012 VS those of its later days into 2015:

CD Jr, Reo, 16 Bit, PL and either Maxter or Pig VS you, Mike Metroid, Sonic Fox, DJT, and Blake, because that's my dude and he'll body the planet.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Sonic Fox, REO, and Perfect Legend are all nice guys outside of gaming but are all tier whores which is why they win so much. For example: Sonic Fox wins with Batgirl which we all know is the most overpowered and broken character in the game. REO dropped Batman faster than you can say "Holy Tier Switch Batman" and Perfect Legend ranted and cried to high heaven after NRS patched and balanced Scorpion. Forever King, 16 BIT are the only straight up legit players in the game. Complain and cry all you want, but its the truth.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Sonic Fox, REO, and Perfect Legend are all nice guys outside of gaming but are all tier whores which is why they win so much. For example: Sonic Fox wins with Batgirl which we all know is the most overpowered and broken character in the game. REO dropped Batman faster than you can say "Holy Tier Switch Batman" and Perfect Legend ranted and cried to high heaven after NRS patched and balanced Scorpion. Forever King, 16 BIT are the only straight up legit players in the game. Complain and cry all you want, but its the truth.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
MK9 isn't even fucking relevant right now... so why are we talking who's the best if there was a tournament tomorrow? Hell, someone who never stopped playing the game and isn't rusty as hell could win that shit.

I think you gotta go on overall accomplishments and this list, in that case, is insane.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
MK9 isn't even fucking relevant right now... so why are we talking who's the best if there was a tournament tomorrow? Hell, someone who never stopped playing the game and isn't rusty as hell could win that shit.

I think you gotta go on overall accomplishments and this list, in that case, is insane.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol its not like forever king counterpicks with top tiers at all right. I am not forever king but I would highly doubt forever king would ever main a bad character with the beforehand knowledge of knowing said character is bad. It's a competition, people can stick to their honor codes but they only have themselves to blame if they lose.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
lol its not like forever king counterpicks with top tiers at all right. I am not forever king but I would highly doubt forever king would ever main a bad character with the beforehand knowledge of knowing said character is bad. It's a competition, people can stick to their honor codes but they only have themselves to blame if they lose.
Then what's the point in playing at a tournament a game that is not based on entirely the skill level of its players but 65% of a players success is based on the character he chooses. That's why you see the top players all use the same 4-5 characters at ever tournament. It's like promoting a race car event and advertising that all its 28 cars are balanced and equally equipped to win against any of its competitor cars but then you see the same corvettes, mustangs and Ferraris win all the time. You can't possibly feel like a real champion when you always win with an over advantaged character, no way, I'm sorry. NRS games are so pathetic balance wise that the only true fare tournament would be for everyone to play mirror matches. Then out of the 200 or more Batgirl vs Batgirl players the one who wins can then truly feel like a champ.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I mean, I clearly state in the OP the best of recently. If I said the best of history then yeah answers would be different obviously, that's why I said the best of right here right now. Idk why everyone is tripping balls lmao
It's because like @CrimsonShadow said, "Gods of X" implies the best the game had to offer, not best currently. And it's not the same as Smash because MK9 isn't in it's prime, and neither is Injustice to be honest. You're implying one thing while meaning another, which is where the confusion is coming from. You should rename the thread to "The current best players of MK9 & Injustice" if you want to avoid the backlash and confusion.