What's new

The Gods of MK9 and the Gods of Injustice

Which answer in the poll best suits your opinion?

• I agree with both of these lists

• I agree with your MK9 list, not your Injustice list

• I agree with your Injustice list, not your MK9 list

• I agree with neither list

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
@FOREVER KING -- King you should have just named this thread "Who are the best MK9/Injustice players currently playing?"

The reason this isn't nearly the same as Smash, is that when people say 'god' they usually mean 2 things:

1) Someone who is currently dominating the field in a game that is still very actively played and in its heyday. So Melee, for example, is currently drawing bigger numbers that it ever has, and is the centerpoint of attention for that community.

2) Someone who, over the course of a game's historic life, performed so well as to cement themselves as one of the best of all time

You can't compare Smash to a game where the vast majority of the community is in semi-hibernation (like MK9). However, it's perfectly valid to ask who the best players playing today are. Change the title and you eliminate half the problems :p

P.S. You are a fool for leaving Dizzy off the list though, haha

Last edited:

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
No disrespect to King, but I feel you struggled more in Mk9 to make top 8, at least early on, but for the most part I agree with the lists. Pig should probably be in the Mk9 discussion and he had better success in Injustice the latter half of the game's life. Also, where is Cd Jr. I can think of only a couple of majors in Mk9 where he didn't make top 8.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
This thread sucks.
I mean, I clearly state in the OP the best of recently. If I said the best of history then yeah answers would be different obviously, that's why I said the best of right here right now. Idk why everyone is tripping balls lmao

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
No disrespect to King, but I feel you struggled more in Mk9 to make top 8, at least early on, but for the most part I agree with the lists. Pig should probably be in the Mk9 discussion and he had better success in Injustice the latter half of the game's life. Also, where is Cd Jr. I can think of only a couple of majors in Mk9 where he didn't make top 8.
Not really. This is just guestamating, but I've probably been to about 20 MK9 tournaments and placed top 8 at over 12 at least

I mean, I clearly state in the OP the best of recently. If I said the best of history then yeah answers would be different obviously, that's why I said the best of right here right now. Idk why everyone is tripping balls lmao
I believe Its because you placed yourself in both lists, which I personally dont see a problem with, but I guess it was TYM Taboo smh lol

90% of this website is people props seeking, props fishing and props taking.

People want to be acknowledged for their achievements and how they achieved it and at the same time want to take props and diminish other ppls achievements. Thats where all the up playing down playing bullshit comes into effect.

Here are the text book definitions for those that dont know

Props Seeking- Playing/Practicing/Competing in the game to get your name known. A props seeker is more concern with being known as a top player than he/she is with actually enjoying the game.

Props Fishing- Starting game related dialogue that one knows will lead to the participants giving them props. Threads, text messages, online chat, social media etc all these platforms can be used to prop fish.

Props Taking- Taking credit away from other players achievements. Saying their character is too strong, the tourney they won was weak, the tourney they placed top 8 in was not a major

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I don't see how Pig is not in the MK9 list. Him and 16 Bit are almost identical in tourney performance yet one is in and the other is not. Sonicfox being in there is questionable. Great player but I didn't see him do much outside of EC majors.
You are obviously a hater who fails to recognize the talent of the Daigo of America.

In all seriousness, Pig should obviously be on that list over Sonic Fox. There are maybe 2-3 players who have accomplished more than Pig in Mortal Kombat 9.

I mean.. Is this really secret? This is blatant ego stroking lol.
It is your fault. You should not have hurt King's ego and pride with good arguments in the other thread. Now he has to call himself a God to make himself feel better.

Some ppl have double digit top 8 placings when the game was being played at its peak. You cannot be an MK9 "god" mainly for what you did after the game was played seriously just like you can't be in the boxing hall of fame for knocking out Mohammad Ali today loooooong after his prime.

These lists are...how should I put this...irrelevent? That is if you're trying to get to the top eventually. The tiers shouldn't matter. Just play your best game, every time.

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
I think Detroit ballin was pretty godlike, he put shang tsung on the map. CdJr for sure especially with jax. Can't even pretend REO wasn't a factor. I feel like this thread is about to make everyone hungry as fuck in mkx lol

I think Detroit ballin was pretty godlike, he put shang tsung on the map. CdJr for sure especially with jax. Can't even pretend REO wasn't a factor. I feel like this thread is about to make everyone hungry as fuck in mkx lol
Every day I think of ways to be the best. I can't keep the hunger away! I must feast.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Shouldn't CD Jr. or Detroit be in the conversation for MK9? Or did we forget that they had a long span where they were consistent Top 8 placers/MLG placings? What about Pig, for that matter? Or Wound Cowboy, who I believe has at least one EVO MK9 medal under his belt.

Do we really think that if CD Sr. or Detroit or CD Jr. entered an MK9 tournament today that they would have no chance at placing? That they couldn't at least have the potential to take out other great players?

I don't know about this list, man.

Also...I think PL is ahead of REO. It's true, REO is more consistent than Carl in terms of number of placings and Majors won...

But PL won The World Championship, twice. Beating REO along the way both times. That kind of, only in my opinon, places REO at the number Two Spot. Being World Champion, to me, matters more than just about anything else.

Last edited: