What's new

The Gods of MK9 and the Gods of Injustice

Which answer in the poll best suits your opinion?

• I agree with both of these lists

• I agree with your MK9 list, not your Injustice list

• I agree with your Injustice list, not your MK9 list

• I agree with neither list

Results are only viewable after voting.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Ok so I've been watching some Smash Melee tournaments recently, and I notice the same names over and over in top 8, grand finals, etc. The commentators and Smash community started labeling a group of 5 players as the "Smash Gods" which are Mango, Mew2King, Hungrybox, PPMD, and Armada. Basically there was a write up saying that the reason these 5 are considered "Gods" are because they're almost guaranteed top 8 at every single tournament they travel to, and they very rarely lose to anyone else besides the other Gods. They have been dominating the Smash scene for years.

So I got myself thinking, if there were "Gods of MK9" and "Gods of Injustice", who would those people be? Well here is my personal opinion, and the reasons that go behind them:

GODS OF MK9

Perfect Legend
SonicFox
DJT
Forever King
16Bit
REO

These 5 players in my opinion have been dominating the MK9 scene for a long time. Every single tournament they go to, they are basically guaranteed top 8. Hell, I can't even remember the last time any of these 5 players went to an MK9 tournament and DIDN'T place top 8, it's literally been years. If there is an MK9 tournament going on and any of these 5 are planning on entering, 99% chance they will all make top 8 no matter who else is in attendance really. Also these 5 players really only lose to eachother in MK9 and nobody else, it's not often you will see any of these players lose to somebody outside of the other four.

GODS OF INJUSTICE

SonicFox
Theo
Jupiter
Forever King
Honeybee

Same as above, these 5 players have had their dominant times where if they ever entered an Injustice tournament, you can almost certainly guarantee that they will place top 8. Also it is pretty uncommon to see them lose to anybody outside of the other four (not saying it's impossible, just uncommon.) SonicFox is basically our creator, the beginning and the end, the alpha and omega. He owns us all lmao. The only debatable one with these 5 is Honeybee because he is rather new to the tournament scene compared to the rest and doesn't have nearly as many top 8's under his belt, or a 1st place yet. But there is no doubt in my mind if Injustice continues as a side tournament for the next few years and Honeybee keeps attending, he will undoubtedly place top 8 about 90% of the time and eventually sneak in a 1st place somewhere.

So what are you guys' thoughts and opinions? Do you agree, disagree with my lists? Also let me throw in that these lists are for this present moment in time, like literally we go to a tournament today and sit down and play MK9 and Injustice. I'm not talking about year 1 MK9/Injustice. Discuss

Edit: Let's predict who will end up being the 5 Gods in MKX as well, that would be interesting :p

Last edited:

ForeverKing

There is only 1 "god" in each game

MK9:
REO (how in the WORLD did you not include him?)

Injustice:
SonicFox

all other names are just not at that level.
You're right, Idk how I forgot about REO. I wouldn't say that nobody is at Reo's level though, he is amazing player and I definitely need to make 6 gods in order to add him. But he hasn't won 1st place in a long time, he still loses to people so saying other names are not on that level is pretty debatable.

SonicFox on the other hand, yes I agree nobody is on his level in Injustice. But as we seen at WinterBrawl, Honeybee almost took him down. So I think it is possible for one of the other 4 to cause an upset on SonicFox. Especially if Theo still participated.

ForeverKing

cant leave out reo or cdjr for mk9
CDjr was definitely a god in his prime, he was THE GOD lol. But idk so much anymore. He's like a fallen god now. You should never count him out, he can beat almost anybody in MK9 at any tournament he goes to. But as of the past year or two, he has missed a couple top 8's unlike the other 6 that I have up there currently.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Love him or hate him, Pig should be on the MK9 list imo. I seem to remember him making top 8 once and then going to a big marathon of top 8 finishes after that. Out of curiosity, who had the most top 8 placements?

someone who calls himself a "God" twice really needs his dose of getting bodied by an online scrub.

on a side note, i dont agree with any list, but with injustice more than MK

In MK, there is an undisputed top 3 imo:

CD jr.
REO
Perfect Legend

In Injustice, there are also 3 that rank "GDLK" level:

Sonic Fox
Theo
Jupiter
and maybe KDZ as 4th.

Last edited:

ForeverKing

Love him or hate him, Pig should be on the MK9 list imo. I seem to remember him making top 8 once and then going to a big marathon of top 8 finishes after that. Out of curiosity, who had the most top 8 placements?
I think REO has the most top 8's for MK9 and I have the most top 8's for Injustice

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Reo

When you bring up MK9 Gods only two names come up

Perfect Legend and Reo.

Followed by Cdjr, Detriot, DJT, 16Bit, and Maxter.

When I think of Gods of Injustice they first few that comes in mind is SonicFox, Jupiter, Honeybee, 16bit, and ForeverKing.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
ahhhh I see. I wasn't aware you are counting the MK9 side tournaments of the past year. That drastically changes my list.

ForeverKing

Reo

When you bring up MK9 Gods only two names come up

Perfect Legend and Reo.

Followed by Cdjr, Detriot, DJT, 16Bit, and Maxter.

When I think of Gods of Injustice they first few that comes in mind is SonicFox, Jupiter, Honeybee, 16bit, and ForeverKing.
See, the the thing about Detroit CDjr and Maxter is, they're amazing players back in their time. But this post is talking about if there was an MK9 tournament literally today, who would come out on top.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
See, the the thing about Detroit CDjr and Maxter is, they're amazing players back in their time. But this post is talking about if there was an MK9 tournament literally today, who would come out on top.
So you are going off who would be the better rusty player playing today than their overall accomplishments in MK9 history? How is that related to the title "Who where the gods of MK9 lol?"

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Sonic for both lists, 16bit for both lists for sure.

Sonic might be the best overall fighting game player in the country right now. He just doesn't play SF4 or MVC3, so he doesn't have the exposure in those games. But god knows that if he had a love for them and went hard at them, he'd be turning heads.

ForeverKing

So you are going off who would be the better rusty player playing today than their overall accomplishments in MK9 history? How is that related to the title "Who where the gods of MK9 lol?"
Honestly the meta is higher now than it ever was in MK9. I can see it especially when I watch Perfect Legend and Sonicfox play, I think Perfect Legend now in MK9 is better than he ever was since it was released. If Perfect Legend went back in time and played his past Evo2011 or Evo2012 self, I think the current PL would body the shit out of him free. Same as Sonicfox