What's new

Tech The Flash : Best Anti-Wakeups of the game ?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Hypocrisy? Oh no honey...I don't downplay my three ladies...I know they are killa's. Also....I don't know if I'm going to have to dumb down this logic for you...but just because a flash, hawkgirl, jade, or sindel HAVE not dominated IS NOT because of their tools/tech...it's the players behind them. Your logic is fail.

My logic is fail ? That's your only argument ? lol.. Dude LBSH : you have obviously more chances with a character with better matchups overwall than the opposite situation.. this is not only about the player, but player + character, and at least I've got facts while you have only words so don't even talk about logic with me.

That being said :
Yeah the debate is over, if some people wanna cry about flash they're free to make a Flash crybaby thread. Flash being S+ or not has nothing to do here.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
My logic is fail ? That's your only argument ? lol.. Dude LBSH : you have obviously more chances with a character with better matchups overwall than the opposite situation.. this is not only about the player, but player + character, and at least I've got facts while you have only words so don't even talk about logic with me.

That being said :
Facts? I read no facts in your post. And yes, I feel like your logic is failing you...saying that tournament results equates to how good a characters is. That's theory fighting and stupid. You Flash players...ugh

D

Deleted member 9158

This character man...

When the game came out he was trash apparently lol. Now look at'em

Reactions: RYX

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
people who say flash is overpowered either use a character that flash beats, have never mained the character for an extended period of time or play people without matchup knowledge. People who "downplay" flash have mained him either from the start or for awhile and know where he stands as a character. A big misconception is that flash loses to zoning and running away which is entirely false he loses to characters that rush him down with faster longer reach strings and stay in his dead zone. Flash punishes almost all zoning in the game on block with charge or atleast gets a dash, punishes jump backs with a well timed flying uppercut, and punishes back dashes on a read with charge. Rushdown is his real problem.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Facts? I read no facts in your post. And yes, I feel like your logic is failing you...saying that tournament results equates to how good a characters is. That's theory fighting and stupid. You Flash players...ugh
It's not the only evidence why a char is good, but it's one of them. Pro players playing for cashprice/sponsors drop bad characters (reo with csz, nerfed scorp or lobo, cdjr with rain postpatch, PL with nerfed scorp, etc...) for better one. It's a fact.

Taking statistics in top 32 of many big events is a good representation to have an idea how tournament viable a character can be.

Playing a character such Kabal (being so much dominant in top 16 for ages) with no bad or even matchups will give you more chances to rise a tournament than playing a character like Kano (no one has seen him in any tournament btw) with no good matchups at all. This is a fact too and it's 100% logic.

Another good representation you can get is from the casuals. Most of them are trying to play strong characters because obviously people don't like to lose. And here we are, you go online and you'll meet legion of superman, kabal, kunglao, cyrax, GL, BA players while those who play Lex, Lobo, Joker are just a few.

You also see some top tier char winning tournaments like DD or DS that you don't see that much anymore once they get nerfed. Another fact.

My logic is : In a war, the guys fighting with choppers + gatlings will probably get more chances than the guys fighting with horses + bows. lol

Now let's talk about YOUR logic : saying everyone playing Lex, Lobo, HG, Joker, Shazam aren't skilled enough to get top 8 in major is as stupid as saying that the only good players are those who play superman, BA, KF, GL or Batman. That is to me, the real stupid theory fighting. ;)
Think about it.

people who say flash is overpowered either use a character that flash beats, have never mained the character for an extended period of time or play people without matchup knowledge. People who "downplay" flash have mained him either from the start or for awhile and know where he stands as a character. A big misconception is that flash loses to zoning and running away which is entirely false he loses to characters that rush him down with faster longer reach strings and stay in his dead zone. Flash punishes almost all zoning in the game on block with charge or atleast gets a dash, punishes jump backs with a well timed flying uppercut, and punishes back dashes on a read with charge. Rushdown is his real problem.
Correct. All of it.

This tech is especially dirty in the corner. There's a window to hold up after a f3 where you'll only jump on hit, and on block, you can release before he jumps.

On hit, you can go straight into j3> 11X4> 112> LC (42% if they do a wake up you can beat or blocked low). If they blocked high, you let go of up before you jump, then go straight into b2 (which will beat even a reversal sword spin from deathstroke if done perfect), and get a 50/50- b2XX SP or b2, d1d2.