What's new

Tech The Flash : Best Anti-Wakeups of the game ?

You are delusional.
No sir, you just don't know the matchup. There are reasons why flash isn't seen stomping through tournaments. Hes got his strengths, but he sure as shit has his weaknesses and they can be capitalized upon. Not to mention that his bad mus are crucial in prepatch metagame. And really haven't changed. The character takes work, he cannot be played the same way across the cast. Top ten, yes. Top five, gtfo.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
People get too overzealous with wakeup attacks and complain about anti-wakeup tech or reversing wakeup attack directions.
Wakeup and block the mix-up

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
No sir, you just don't know the matchup. There are reasons why flash isn't seen stomping through tournaments. Hes got his strengths, but he sure as shit has his weaknesses and they can be capitalized upon. Not to mention that his bad mus are crucial in prepatch metagame. And really haven't changed. The character takes work, he cannot be played the same way across the cast. Top ten, yes. Top five, gtfo.
Yeah...no.
1.) I've played Broba and Mosp and handful of other extremely good Flashes...so I'm not blind to this MU.
2.)Tournament results HAVE NOTHING TO DO with a characters tool set/tech.
3.)I didn't say he was top 5...I said he was OP. OP means they have waaaaay too much dirt for one character. I don't believe in tier lists so this argument is non existent to me.
4.) Certain outspoken members of the Flash community suffer from delusions and downplaying.
5.) This character is SICK and OP.

Yeah...no.
1.) I've played Broba and Mosp and handful of other extremely good Flashes...so I'm not blind to this MU.
3.)I didn't say he was top 5...I said he was OP. OP means they have waaaaay too much dirt for one character. I don't believe in tier lists so this argument is non existent to me.
4.) Certain outspoken members of the Flash community suffer from delusions and downplaying.
5.) This character is SICK and OP.
Alright well since were on the "I didn't say"'s, I didn't say tournament results had anything to do with tech/tools....maybe I do downplay, but if I do I don't mean to. I'm playing flash solely because he's the only dc hero I like. I'm tired of the bitching. What makes flash any more op than mmh, zod, AQUAMAN, ba, kf, gl, or ww?

RunwayMafia

Alright well since were on the "I didn't say"'s, I didn't say tournament results had anything to do with tech/tools....maybe I do downplay, but if I do I don't mean to. I'm playing flash solely because he's the only dc hero I like. I'm tired of the bitching. What makes flash any more op than mmh, zod, AQUAMAN, ba, kf, gl, or ww?
Dude...in your response you said, and I quote, "There are reasons why flash isn't seen stomping through tournaments", my point being this is irrelevant to my original assertion that this character is OP. Results in tournaments have nothing to do with what he possess. It's fine that you like flash and he is your fav. yada yada yada....I just think down players are silly and need to be told. And I'm not bitching at all...I enjoy figuring out how to beat tricky characters. All in all, a character like Flash SHOULD NEVER be downplayed and it's annoying. ;)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
flash is kind of ridiculous for a character who gets in so easily and can hit you for so much damage with very little risk

but it's whatever, I'll just have to deal with it :(

good tech though, I wish more characters were this genuinely dirty

Dude...in your response you said, and I quote, "There are reasons why flash isn't seen stomping through tournaments", my point being this is irrelevant to my original assertion that this character is OP. Results in tournaments have nothing to do with what he possess. It's fine that you like flash and he is your fav. yada yada yada....I just think down players are silly and need to be told. And I'm not bitching at all...I enjoy figuring out how to beat tricky characters. All in all, a character like Flash SHOULD NEVER be downplayed and it's annoying. ;)
Ok..I guess we'll just agree to disagree.....but for the record that quote you have there still doesn't involve the words tech or tools lol.

SaJa

FH_FenriR

Seeing so many kabals, cyrax, kunglao, superman, BA, GL, KF (the char you play) in top 8 major against none shazam, joker, stryker, kano is probably a coincidence.

Have enough of this hypocrisy. I'm proud to downplay against crybabies like you. End of story.

Thead

Noob

Seeing so many kabals, cyrax, kunglao, superman, BA, GL, KF (the char you play) in top 8 major against none shazam, joker, stryker, kano is probably a coincidence.

Have enough of this hypocrisy. I'm proud to downplay against crybabies like you. End of story.
No need to try and be condescending. Tournament placings actually have NOTHING to do with a characters tool set/tech. A character has the same tools and tech regardless of if its being used or even has been discovered. The only thing that can alter a characters tool set is a patch.

Nice OP tho, great vid.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

so you admit you downplay? lol

what about the mid tiers and other not top tiers that have been placing well lately? bane, green arrow, grundy, what about them? you can't go from one extreme to the other and leave the medium out

edit Thead I like you, well said

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise

what about the mid tiers and other not top tiers that have been placing well lately? bane, green arrow, grundy, what about them? you can't go from one extreme to the other and leave the medium out

GA wins two majors + makes top in more yet does not place well.

never change ryx. go back to mku

RYX

BIG PUSHER
GA wins two majors + makes top in more yet does not place well.

never change ryx. go back to mku
did I leave him out?

:confused:

SaJa

FH_FenriR

Don't matter what I'll say, you will always say we are downplaying so fine, leave us alone now. The only reason we are "downplaying" as you want to make it to seem, it's because you guys makes flash overated. Causes et effets.

Btw, I was talking about major. And don't take 1 guy to generalize please (chris G). And chris G doesn't win anymore from what I've seen ;) and he doesn't ONLY play GA, he used BA a lot vs top tier. Next.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Don't matter what I'll say, you will always say we are downplaying so fine, leave us alone now. The only reason we are "downplaying" as you want to make it to seem, it's because you guys makes flash overated. Causes et effets.

Btw, I was talking about major. And don't take 1 guy as a entire fact (chris G). And chris G doesn't win anymore from what I've seen ;)
i don't think you're downplaying, you said he was a top 10 character (or at least a contender) and I agree with that. the difference between our opinion lies within if either of us view him as overpowered or not, and that's opinion and it doesn't matter. :)

I know, but I wasn't commenting on anything regarding their viability, I was just saying that not top tier characters have also performed well. The player didn't matter in that situation, I was just talking about him. :p

it's okay, we can agree to disagree :) I just enjoy the conversation

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah the debate is over, if some people wanna cry about flash they're free to make a Flash crybaby thread. Flash being S+ or not has nothing to do here.

RunwayMafia

Hypocrisy? Oh no honey...I don't downplay my three ladies...I know they are killa's. Also....I don't know if I'm going to have to dumb down this logic for you...but just because a flash, hawkgirl, jade, or sindel HAVE not dominated IS NOT because of their tools/tech...it's the players behind them. Your logic is fail.