What's new

The EVO 2019 MK11 Hype, Salt and Discussion Thread!

It's that time of year.. It's that time of the day.. We're in there boyz, it's EVO 2019. Discuss the craziness of this weekend and everything that happens here!

LET'S GO!!

P.S. for reference, here is dat bracket: EVO 2019 MK11 Smash.gg Brackets

And the stream:

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

KingGambler's been eliminated.
Quit acting like Hayatei is carried by his character the dude was the only Robin player for two years of Injustice 2. If anyone has earned a high tier character it's that man
Hayatei's my favorite player to watch after f0xy, but let's not act as if robin wasn't high-mid for the majority of, and possibly top 10 in the latter half, of i2's lifespan.

Hayatei's my favorite player to watch after f0xy, but let's not act as if robin wasn't high-mid for the majority of, and possibly top 10 in the latter half, of i2's lifespan.
I think he was just a mid-tier character in an ultimately well balanced game but to be frank, his character took more skill then a lot of characters in that game. I think his character loyalty hurt him in Injustice 2.

I think he was just a mid-tier character in an ultimately well balanced game but to be frank, his character took more skill then a lot of characters in that game. I think his character loyalty hurt him in Injustice 2.
Honestly I think Robin was one of the better picks to take into tournament since he went even with a good portion with the top tiers and arguably beat a few. The even matchups definitely looked & played difficult, but he had to tools & damage to deal with them.

I couldn't make it more than an hour into day 1 pools. Sonya matchups combined with my own personal gripes about NRS' streaming decisions really took it out of me. REO and ATK even had trouble making it fun. It's such a bummer too because I'm really enjoying MK11 from a players perspective, but it's totally taking me out of the observer role.

He wasn't able to afford the trip, so he wasn't able to make it to EVO this year.
Man that’s a damn shame. How has an ORG like Echo Fox or Noble not picked him up yet so that he can make LAN tourneys consistently? I think he would be a great asset for any organization, even with limited local tourney experience.

He has so much raw talent and that kid belongs at EVO. Feels bad man, and I ain’t even a NinjaKilla fanboy by any stretch. Just really respect his talent and hustle. I’m sure a lot of pros would agree, too.

I couldn't make it more than an hour into day 1 pools. Sonya matchups combined with my own personal gripes about NRS' streaming decisions really took it out of me. REO and ATK even had trouble making it fun. It's such a bummer too because I'm really enjoying MK11 from a players perspective, but it's totally taking me out of the observer role.
So much this ^

Nailed it on the head man. I’m still enjoying the game a lot as a player too but as a fan and viewer - it’s kind of a tough to watch game even in elite hands. Feel like MKX had so much more tech and the matches were a lot more hype. Even if MK11 is trending in a better direction (especially with a balance Patch or two upcoming...soon for the love of god please and thanks) than MKX did, I can’t dismiss the variety and entertainment value that MKX offered solely from a viewers perspective.

Just my opinion of course.