What's new

The EVO 2019 MK11 Hype, Salt and Discussion Thread!

It's that time of year.. It's that time of the day.. We're in there boyz, it's EVO 2019. Discuss the craziness of this weekend and everything that happens here!

LET'S GO!!

P.S. for reference, here is dat bracket: EVO 2019 MK11 Smash.gg Brackets

And the stream:

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Wouldn't know, since I didn't watch that trash game.Even so EB ,requires literally no skill and even if he did , still a dick move to fatality with the best character vs a low tier.

Sonic fox beat Dogura and Kazunoko and then HiroHiro on his way to winners finals in DBFZ.....against Go1 next !!!!

This dude is fucking insanely good.

Quit acting like Hayatei is carried by his character the dude was the only Robin player for two years of Injustice 2. If anyone has earned a high tier character it's that man
This. Hayatei would be as renown as sonic by now had he ever wanted to play a top tier character. The man prioritizes fun and finally found someone viable that he likes. You can tell he’s different because he never changes characters when he’s counterpicked (even tho atm EB doesn’t have a good counterpick). I do think he will switch to a mid tier DLC char if one is unique enough

Not to derail too much but I’m trying to learn Raiden soooo... what should he be doing b12 into on block, teleport?
It all costs meter but you can do B12~Teleport far, B12~Teleport amp(offensive meter) or B12~Superman cancel. Depending on the matchup, there may be punishes/counter play for all of this but if you are gonna try to hit confirm B12 then you're much better off going for one of these then just standing there and being -9.

It all costs meter but you can do B12~Teleport far, B12~Teleport amp(offensive meter) or B12~Superman cancel. Depending on the matchup, there may be punishes/counter play for all of this but if you are gonna try to hit confirm B12 then you're much better off going for one of these then just standing there and being -9.
Yeah its worth the bars. They come back so fast in this game as long as you meter manage well.

Thanks dude! I always forget about Superman cancels. And like @LawAbidingCitizen just said, worth it not to be -9 for sure. Raiden’s capable of the sort of patient play that’ll get those bars right back too. Good shit.

That Go1 and Sonic set in winners finals was one of the best ever. Holy shit. Bummed Sonic couldn’t clutch it out, but what a pleasure to watch. Went to the final game, each on their last character, each one touch from death, and Go1 managed to land the hit. Truly incredible.

They have so much respect for each other it’s crazy. The best rivalry in fighting games right now.

Is Go1 the best defensive/most patient FG player in the world? He’s unbreakable man.