What's new

Breakthrough - Grandmaster The Eulogy of Thomas Brady: R.I.P. SubZero 2011-2015

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Early in the set(while it was still close)Tom dropped a game winning combo and lost because of it. He leaned back and shook his head. He lost at that moment. He allowed himself to get frustrated and it shown. However, Sonic Fox is hands down the best MKX player. If anything, Tom should feel ok he took a few games because 99% of this site would get the PL treatment.

The set was more competitive than the score shows definitely. There were about 3 games where brady pretty much had the win, but he choked.

LBSH though, this wasn't close. Sonic was clearly the better player. Cassie is a better character than subzero for sure, but I don't think the match up is in either characters favor.

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
Was I seriously engaged while reading this thread?......

My condolences go out to Brady's family.

The set was more competitive than the score shows definitely. There were about 3 games where brady pretty much had the win, but he choked.

LBSH though, this wasn't close. Sonic was clearly the better player. Cassie is a better character than subzero for sure, but I don't think the match up is in either characters favor.
yet cassie has more bad mus doesnt she? :eek: , looking forward to seeing his bo rai cho

Skate Bravo

Music Producer | Xbl - Skate Bravo
I love the way he played. If only he could clutch those other 3 matches it would of been 13-6 so the fact he can get sonic to that is great stuff. Salute Brady :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The score doesn't tell the whole story though.
The matches were close when Sonicfox had access to his full damage potential, and Tom had to settle for about half damage because Cassie has a woman hitbox.
Any match where he took it to 20% or less he probably would've won against male characters, which was a good amount of the matches.
Just a sad example of female advantage in the game :(

themanDan

The saw is family
Not hating on Tom or anything, but yesterday, he was the chokemaster variation of sub. Some of the games came pretty close, I think he just went into panic mode when it came down to the wire. Still, hilarious thread.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
It's a 5-5 MU? What are you talking about
I really don't think it is. Instant air shots and i-frames on ex nutpunch blow through clone and Sub's damage is almost halved against female characters.

Let's be clear I'm not making excuses for Tom. He literally threw 3 games by dropping combos he should have had down and went on tilt.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
The matches were close when Sonicfox had access to his full damage potential, and Tom had to settle for about half damage because Cassie has a woman hitbox.
Any match where he took it to 20% or less he probably would've won against male characters, which was a good amount of the matches.
What do the comparative bnbs look like?
By this I mean how much does cassie land per bnb compared to Sub

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Not a 5-5 matchup at all. Instant air and invincible nut punches destroy the clone fast as holy hell and as Brady says sub zero isn't meant to play without that clone. Then you include he couldn't do high damage combos on female hitbox. I feel for him. Way more competitive than most people thought. So many matches were tight. Like within 15% health with both characters. Very interesting. Turns out sub isn't as brain dead as I used to think. Gratz to Brady. I think he did fine. @Tom Brady

CaptainCM

Certified trash
Early in the set(while it was still close)Tom dropped a game winning combo and lost because of it. He leaned back and shook his head. He lost at that moment. He allowed himself to get frustrated and it shown. However, Sonic Fox is hands down the best MKX player. If anything, Tom should feel ok he took a few games because 99% of this site would get the PL treatment.
I've noticed this too. Tom was too nervous to realise that SF had no stamina to break and threw him, allowing SF to win the game. And looking at Tom's face after that, you know he's already lost the whole set at this moment.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What do the comparative bnbs look like?
By this I mean how much does cassie land per bnb compared to Sub
Their midscreen damage is similar, but she has a bit more plus a restand. In the corner she does as much as him when he has does a shatter combo. The corner combos off of B2 get worse on females. He will get 31% as opposed to somewhere in the 40s.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
What if i tell you that SZ has a Female hitbox?

Reactions: GAV

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Looking back, those instant air gun shots were negating the ice clone Lol. Sonic was also doing more damage with his bnb's. I wonder if Tom could of won a few rounds with max combo damage? Some of those rounds were really close.

trufenix

bye felicia
That's just a fancy option select. Whatever break you want to cut tom because he lost %s on Cassie's tight box or proximity clones you have to also cut sonic for those ridiculously instant air guns and ballsy corner combos.