What's new

Strategy - Erron Black The Erron Black Gameplan & MU Thread *Updated*

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Anybody have any advice on punishing Liu Kang? The block stun on his f44, bicycle kick, and dash kick is unreal. I am easily blocking all his strings but get caught with a d3 when I go for a punish. I'm in the outlaw variation
F44 isn't punishable, Bicycle kick you can punish with 1 or 2, and dash kick (im going to assume you mean dragon kick) isn't punishable unless you neutral duck and punish as he flys over you. Or just d2 /d1 it.
Does EB have a move that low profiles? Having a hard time dealing with Jason's projectile in Slasher
You can't low profile a mid projectile.

So.. Anyone wanna put in some info about the scorpion matchup? Hellfire seems crazy. Can't do anything about 214 cancel

Just got done playing 10 matches against a Mystic Ermac. The guy absolutely destroyed me 9/10 times with only one 20% combo. I'm not even going to bother asking for advice on this one lol. Usually I tend to win against these kind of guys that rely on doing one thing over and over again, lol.

If I blocked tele-hold, He'd just spam Levitate slam (ddu3?) until I'd either sand grenade, slid, or run cancelled in, then he'd just tele-port spam d3 about 20 times and tele-hold.

DarthVado

The Worst Guy
I think Tanya might prove to be a huge problem for Erron, like upwards of 8-2 problem. Her mobility is just too good, and Erron's lack of anti-air options is gonna make it even worse. To be sure, I think Tanya might end up being the best character in the game, with her dominating a lot of the cast, but we'll see as the game progresses. But yeah, Erron seems to have almost no options to catch her, and her hit box makes her even harder to hit in a lot of cases.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Offline, you can punish Ermacs tele-holds ;)

Re; Tanya, I was thinking the same thing, her mobility and AAs in general being poor or non existent are going to push her to top tier.

This being said, I have had some success with Sos 2 in certain cases, majority of the time though you have to block her shit, letting her build meter in the process ;(

Online has been crap for me recently, I haven't been able to fight against any new match ups...let alone figure any of them out.

DarthVado

The Worst Guy
Offline, you can punish Ermacs tele-holds ;)

Re; Tanya, I was thinking the same thing, her mobility and AAs in general being poor or non existent are going to push her to top tier.

This being said, I have had some success with Sos 2 in certain cases, majority of the time though you have to block her shit, letting her build meter in the process ;(

Online has been crap for me recently, I haven't been able to fight against any new match ups...let alone figure any of them out.
Luckily I also like Tanya, so I play her as well, lol. But yeah I fought a Pyro Tanya yesterday in a long ass set and it generally came down to having to extremely slowly bait her into some sort of bad situation and then trying desperately to capitalize on it, trying being the keyword in that sentence. I was Gunslinger I should mention tho, also that there was def some fraudulence going on in terms of lag, like him being able to B31, which is -4, then me trying to counter poke with D1, 8 frames, and then being beaten out be another B3, which is 12 frames. But anyways, she also has at least 3 perfectly viable reversal options, two of which net her full combos, and her normal teleport can often get her out for free if you aren't exact with your timing. Once she's out, it's back to blocking for 5 hours trying to get in, using up all your stamina in the meanwhile, meaning that if she lands a solid hit during this, you aren't gonna get to breaker a lot of her punish, rinse repeat.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I've noticed that Tanya matches have been ones where I've had to rely on patience and good reads a lot.

DarthVado

The Worst Guy
So.. Anyone wanna put in some info about the scorpion matchup? Hellfire seems crazy. Can't do anything about 214 cancel
I'm pretty sure if they follow up right, 214 cancel into other string is a true block string, if so, you just have to block until he runs out of stamina or makes an opening to go for a mix up.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Luckily I also like Tanya, so I play her as well, lol. But yeah I fought a Pyro Tanya yesterday in a long ass set and it generally came down to having to extremely slowly bait her into some sort of bad situation and then trying desperately to capitalize on it, trying being the keyword in that sentence. I was Gunslinger I should mention tho, also that there was def some fraudulence going on in terms of lag, like him being able to B31, which is -4, then me trying to counter poke with D1, 8 frames, and then being beaten out be another B3, which is 12 frames. But anyways, she also has at least 3 perfectly viable reversal options, two of which net her full combos, and her normal teleport can often get her out for free if you aren't exact with your timing. Once she's out, it's back to blocking for 5 hours trying to get in, using up all your stamina in the meanwhile, meaning that if she lands a solid hit during this, you aren't gonna get to breaker a lot of her punish, rinse repeat.
She is absolutely RETARDED. She can pretty much tele all over the screen and build meter staying away and keep you out with fireballs in pyro. The ones I've played are always well stocked in meter from this.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
If Tanya teleports behind you, any follow up attack she does will instantly auto correct; if you try to d2 her you won't auto correct but she will.

This is literally ass backwards...

Fortunately, In outlaw, if you read her teleport correctly, you can njp it (possible with other variations but outlaws reach makes it easier)

Also on her wake up, b3 will catch her if she tries a teleport. (F1 is just a tad too slow to reach and she will get out safely and likely counter attack you for your troubles)

If she teleports backwards/away from you, set up caltrops.

On a side note, after playing around with outlaw I think I'm picking that as my main variation - the meterless combo extender is just too good to pass up and the njp is his best reaction AA next to d2

Last edited:

D4G

Win At All Cost
Im So Salty right now Just lost a buttload of games to a scorpion that would do nothing but jump over my head with punch into run cancel pressure nonsense and back to jumping over my head. Any D2 or low profiling failed horribly. I know anti airs suck in this game but I thought I'd ask if anyone has found a reliable way to deal with these type of braindead shenanigans?

Again, so salty.

InFlames

dead
Im So Salty right now Just lost a buttload of games to a scorpion that would do nothing but jump over my head with punch into run cancel pressure nonsense and back to jumping over my head. Any D2 or low profiling failed horribly. I know anti airs suck in this game but I thought I'd ask if anyone has found a reliable way to deal with these type of braindead shenanigans?

Again, so salty.
d2's should work, but you can also run under them as they jump over you and try to trip guard

D4G

Win At All Cost
I appreciate the video, but is scorpion actually hitting a button during these examples. I feel like in practice nothing hits scorpion out of the air if he's pressing a button especially jk3. Like never.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I appreciate the video, but is scorpion actually hitting a button during these examples. I feel like in practice nothing hits scorpion out of the air if he's pressing a button especially jk3. Like never.
Yes, Scorpion is doing ji2. I pressed button once I reached the head (Erron's b2 will come out sooner) or as soon as I crossup. It's viable, however you can't do shit against jump in kick (even upercut...) since it got all priority... but all char aren't scorpion, so most of them don't jump in kick for combos ^^

D4G

Win At All Cost
Yes, Scorpion is doing ji2. I pressed button once I reached the head (Erron's b2 will come out sooner) or as soon as I crossup. It's viable, however you can't do shit against jump in kick (even upercut...) since it got all priority... but all char aren't scorpion, so most of them don't jump in kick for combos ^^
Yeah I thought so. I'll definetly be adding these to my game. I'll have to hold those scorpion jump kicks I guess.