What's new

Strategy - Erron Black The Erron Black Gameplan & MU Thread *Updated*

HanSolo

Noob
can anyone help with the takeda match for marksman? couldn't seem to get in or zone him out because of teleport and it was incredibly frustrating.
I would suggest being aggressive, don't try to zone. Once you get a knock down on him keep the pressure up with f13 combo. If he wakes up with the teleport, check this out.. instead of going f13 db2etc. Just do f132. He won't hit you on the initial side because you'll be advancing and when he comes back in front of you the bullet from 2 will immediately hit him, knocking him down. Figured this out a few days ago when playing a takeda, give it a shot.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I went up against a really tough Tempest Lao last night. I got lucky and won a round but the rest of the time, I just got destroyed. Any ideas?

I'm having trouble grasping (Outlaw) Erron Black's strategy.

I'm never quite sure what to do when I'm getting rushed down. I feel like his armored Specials don't put him in advantageous spot. Slide is unsafe on block (and seems to be a long recovery on hit, not enough time to get in with f12/3 pressure?) and Sand Grenade is a rather slow projectile.

I'm also at a loss for what to do when at fullscreen. Like I said, Sand Grenade is kinda slow and if I were to hit an EX slide they'd be back at about 3/4 screen. Starting to think I'd be more comfortable with Marksman.

Also not sure when I should be throwing out Caltrops. I know the corner is the best place, but when is the safest time/ setups for them? After a hard knockdown?

Would anyone mind sharing their gameplans with Erron Black? I've been playing Kung Jin a lot the last few weeks and really enjoyed the range on his strings and started getting comfortable with his armored wake-ups (while not safe on block, EX db3 and can lead to damage). Maybe I'm just not comfortable with Outlaw's rushdown style? Is Marksman a different enough variation to warrant trying?

Last edited:

Noob
My strategy with Erron is to take my opponent to a one way trip to the corner and keep them there for as long as I can.

Uh is Ex-sand toss puts him in an advantageous spot, free combo. Ex-Sword is decent as well.

I dunno, if you aren't comfortable with outlaw I doubt marksman will be more comfortable for you as he is much harder to learn than outlaw and has even worse armoured specials.

use 11 and 21122 as pressure tools.

21122 is his best string :DOGE

My strategy with Erron is to take my opponent to a one way trip to the corner and keep them there for as long as I can.

Uh is Ex-sand toss puts him in an advantageous spot, free combo. Ex-Sword is decent as well.

I dunno, if you aren't comfortable with outlaw I doubt marksman will be more comfortable for you as he is much harder to learn than outlaw and has even worse armoured specials.

use 11 and 21122 as pressure tools.

21122 is his best string :DOGE
How do you get them to the corner when you're at midscreen to further? Do you just wait for them to make a mistake or slowly inch your way in? Not clear on what his range game should be.

Sorry, what does "Uh" mean?

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
How do you get them to the corner when you're at midscreen to further? Do you just wait for them to make a mistake or slowly inch your way in? Not clear on what his range game should be.

Sorry, what does "Uh" mean?
Ending your combos with Sand Tackle will push your opponent into the corner.

F1,3,2 and F1,2,2 are good to mix up. Also, if you have good timing, they can also be used to end a launcher combo as well.

For example, do his 21122 combo to put on pressure, followed up by his F1,3,2. The F1 is an overhead and the 3 will hit low. The 2 will be the pushback.

F2,4,2 is another really good way to push the opponent back.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Does anyone have advice for the Mournful MU vs Outlaw?
I didn't try a different variation because I thought I could just do the traditional "walk and block" strategy. It brought me some success, but what seems to be my kryptonite is the Shadow Kick. After I block it she is -8, and although 21122 caught her jumping half the time, she could usually jump away.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Does anyone have advice for the Mournful MU vs Outlaw?
I didn't try a different variation because I thought I could just do the traditional "walk and block" strategy. It brought me some success, but what seems to be my kryptonite is the Shadow Kick. After I block it she is -8, and although 21122 caught her jumping half the time, she could usually jump away.
It depends on when she's doing it. If its as a wakeup, then duck without blocking. After the kick whiffs, then punish. Kitana has really nothing when it comes to overheads (her B2, which combos into nothing), so you should be safe doing that for the most part.

NBO_7

Noob
What do u guys think of the JC match up

since erron has the worst back dash its not really much of an option in ths match up and low profile characters like JC make it even worse

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
What do u guys think of the JC match up

since erron has the worst back dash its not really much of an option in ths match up and low profile characters like JC make it even worse
I don't play outlaw, but I think that variation may be the best option with armored sand toss to interrupt his pressure.

Noob
Is it worth using db4 after 21122 for extra guaranteed damage if you don't want to use meter for ex-sand? (gunslinger)

Redux

Ex Phase
Does anyone have an idea of how to deal with kitana mournful' zoning ? It hurts x)
I'm usually just patient with zoners and try to get a hard knockdown with sand grenade or slide. Also for gunslinger you can use coin toss to give you a bit of advantage to run in. since mournful will do the overhead glaives try catching them as they come down with slide.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I'm usually just patient with zoners and try to get a hard knockdown with sand grenade or slide. Also for gunslinger you can use coin toss to give you a bit of advantage to run in. since mournful will do the overhead glaives try catching them as they come down with slide.
The coin get matched by the trade. Is the slide garanteed if he'is jumping for projectile ?

Noob
Hey guys I would like your opinion on this.

So I was messing around in the corner and was wondering if B21 can become a good pressure tool.

+2 on block, B21 ex-sand gernade jails, B21 sandtrap works on hit.

So I was wondering would it be good for a pressure tool in the corner? You have a lot of time to hit confirm it so on hit you do sand trap and on block you do ex-sand grenade to keep the pressure going.

Edit: B2 is a high, damn so I guess it can be ducked D:

Thanks!

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Can we get a Gunslinger Match Up table going...?

id like to see what others Matchups aginst just Gunslinger are?

Redux

Ex Phase
is sand trap almost useless in the BS shinnok matchup? After the command grab you pretty much give shinnok his turn as he can do regular hellsparks on wakeup and you can't really do anything other than block. If you run in and block there's huge pushback so you can't punish if he doesn't have meter :(

CaptainCM

Certified trash
is sand trap almost useless in the BS shinnok matchup? After the command grab you pretty much give shinnok his turn as he can do regular hellsparks on wakeup and you can't really do anything other than block. If you run in and block there's huge pushback so you can't punish if he doesn't have meter :(
Personally, I never go for sand trap in combos - I hate how it stops the momentum. I either go for the slide (marksman&gunslinger) or the stab (outlaw), sometimes it's adventageous to simply do 21122~caltrops. Against shinnok it's a good idea to check him with regular sand grenade after the slide, so he learns to stay down or block low on a wake up. Also, If he doesnt MB hellsparks, you can run in and combo punish with 21122 or just slide his ass. If you blocked the first spark at point blank range, and he wants to MB the 3rd spark, ex slide will reach.

If you're talking about doing sand tackle against shinnok in neutral game, I think it's as good against him as it is against everyone - it does good damage and helps landing exSG eventually.

Redux

Ex Phase
Personally, I never go for sand trap in combos - I hate how it stops the momentum. I either go for the slide (marksman&gunslinger) or the stab (outlaw), sometimes it's adventageous to simply do 21122~caltrops. Against shinnok it's a good idea to check him with regular sand grenade after the slide, so he learns to stay down or block low on a wake up. Also, If he doesnt MB hellsparks, you can run in and combo punish with 21122 or just slide his ass. If you blocked the first spark at point blank range, and he wants to MB the 3rd spark, ex slide will reach.

If you're talking about doing sand tackle against shinnok in neutral game, I think it's as good against him as it is against everyone - it does good damage and helps landing exSG eventually.

I agree and yea I was talking about using it as a tick throw. It just seems like a bad idea to go for the grab against shinnok unless you want to gamble on the chance he doesn't wake up hell sparks.