What's new

Strategy - Erron Black The Erron Black Gameplan & MU Thread *Updated*

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
What variation are you guys using against reptile?
Im using gunslinger. Im working on marksman since i think its better for the pressure.. kindof like in the mileena matchup. Every time i swap from gunslinger, i miss his coinshot vortex in the corner even more lol...

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Im using gunslinger. Im working on marksman since i think its better for the pressure.. kindof like in the mileena matchup. Every time i swap from gunslinger, i miss his coinshot vortex in the corner even more lol...
I was using marksman last night against a really smart reptile player, I was getting blown up in the neutral.

cambros22

I was using marksman last night against a really smart reptile player, I was getting blown up in the neutral.
I tend to get alot of my damage and close outs through punishes against reptile players. How were you trying to approach him?

The Farmer

I tend to get alot of my damage and close outs through punishes against reptile players. How were you trying to approach him?
Some of it felt like I was just guessing wrong at times. Waiting for mb claw on blocked strings when he wouldn't then trying to counter blocked strings and then get hit with mb claw lol. He was mixing claw and slide well. I think I may just resort to eating the slide instead of guessing between the two. Just not having a mid sux, getting d3'd all the time. I need to tick throw more. Zoning trades suck cause it's full combo if he has force ball out. Gunslinger probably is best so I can armor break.

cambros22

Some of it felt like I was just guessing wrong at times. Waiting for mb claw on blocked strings when he wouldn't then trying to counter blocked strings and then get hit with mb claw lol. He was mixing claw and slide well. I think I may just resort to eating the slide instead of guessing between the two. Just not having a mid sux, getting d3'd all the time. I need to tick throw more. Zoning trades suck cause it's full combo if he has force ball out. Gunslinger probably is best so I can armor break.
Not much you can do about guessing wrong. Best you can do is maximize on you openings. Big thing that helped me was getting used to challenging d3. get used to blocking it and counter poking with d1. If you land it, take the guaranteed 11. I try to mix this up by using 121 and 12 exsg. It throws people off quite a bit. Be mindful of getting armored if you attempt a poke alot, but I think its his best option in this situation. You can also go for d1 ex sg shenanigans if they like to poke alot after your d1's on block or just d1 command grab if they wait for a followup.
Its hard because of reptiles ability to play at arms length. I usually only zoned with gunslinger to chip out or at a life lead to get the reptile players to come to me. Mostly. I think gunslinger does okay.

Noob
One of my favourite things to do with Erron that works well is, after ending in a slide and my opponent is near death, I like to run up to them a perfect distance to make stance 3 jail and just do it raw. Stuffs their armour and it feels so good xD

The Farmer

One of my favourite things to do with Erron that works well is, after ending in a slide and my opponent is near death, I like to run up to them a perfect distance to make stance 3 jail and just do it raw. Stuffs their armour and it feels so good xD
In the corner if they are 5 percent or less, and you finish with slide in the corner and switch yourself into the corner. Your right on top of them and they have no option besides delay. They have to eat it and die if they wakeup block or armor. You gotta be precise in the neutral because I've had people wakeup forward jump on me and get a second chance. But that's mainly because I'm buns lol.

Last edited:

Noob
With the sand trap range increase, being a lot and faster and plus again I been using it as a tactic in the oki game.

Some rounds I would pull out raw sand traps in the oki. I noticed, smart players who know the Erron match up will catch onto this and if they see me standing a few distance away the,y except me to pull out a raw sand trap and so they neutral duck on wake up but then I catch em with the F1 overhead. This works great against characters who don't have advancing armour. Though this tactic only works on knowledgeable players. It will never work in Ranked match haha :DOGE

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
My favorite thing to do with Erron is to pick Marksman, MIX EM UP, and make my opponents ragequit. :DOGE

cambros22

With the sand trap range increase, being a lot and faster and plus again I been using it as a tactic in the oki game.

Some rounds I would pull out raw sand traps in the oki. I noticed, smart players who know the Erron match up will catch onto this and if they see me standing a few distance away the,y except me to pull out a raw sand trap and so they neutral duck on wake up but then I catch em with the F1 overhead. This works great against characters who don't have advancing armour. Though this tactic only works on knowledgeable players. It will never work in Ranked match haha :DOGE
The empy Nj into Sandtrap does wonders as well on OkI.. i also do raw command grabs on wakeups once ive conditioned them to respect me.