What's new

The Ernesto Lopez Controversy

Do you feel Ernesto should be gone from the FGC because of this incident?

• Throw him away!

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Ernesto did no wrong. He should stay in the FGC.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • What he did was wrong, but we should not just throw him away like trash.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
He should know better, he's a goddamn adult. Anyone with common sense would've known to not pull shit like this. Whether he did it for the views/monetization or not it's a scumbag move. I've never heard of him until now and he might be an okay guy IRL but i'm not gonna be subbing to his channel anytime soon lul

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
What is the difference between him reporting it and making money from the video and the news channels reporting the same thing and getting payed from advertising during the broadcast.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
What is the difference between him reporting it and making money from the video and the news channels reporting the same thing and getting payed from advertising during the broadcast.

He wasn’t reporting it. He was reacting to the video. He put the video on his screen, and reacted to it. If he just reported it and talked about it, this wouldn’t even be an issue. There’s a massive difference here man.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
He wasn’t reporting it. He was reacting to the video. He put the video on his screen, and reacted to it. If he just reported it and talked about it, this wouldn’t even be an issue. There’s a massive difference here man.
He did both, but that's where he fucked up tho.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
News channels do the same thing. They show footage of worse things and give us the old some viewers may find these images disturbing. The difference i see is he showed genuine emotion whilst watching and news anchors usually don't give a shit.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
News channels do the same thing. They show footage of worse things and give us the old some viewers may find these images disturbing. The difference i see is he showed genuine emotion whilst watching and news anchors usually don't give a shit.

This “whataboutism” excuse for people’s terrible behavior is part of the current problem with society today. Standards need to be higher, and punishment needs to be stricter.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!

Being a journalist and writing a story for a production team (to be read via teleprompter by a newscaster as part of his or her job to the general public)

is markedly not

filming yourself reacting to live footage of murder and making money at the expense of actual human lives being lost.

EDIT: Format.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Yeah i see what you guys mean. If it wasn't a reaction video there wouldn't be such outrage i guess.

Wasn't the way to do it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

MSM is a terrible example to justify bad behavior.

guys, instead of talking about this ernesto lopez guy, can we instead talk about the need of classic mortal kombat games for the ps4? i mean mk1 mk2 umk3 and also mk4!
the mk4 arcade version was an solid fighting game! unfortunely, only the arcade version, all ports sucked!
i am an owner of an mk4 cabinet ;D

lets not forget that mk9 should also be added on psn tho! (with ggpo netcode and some small char balance adjustments ;D )

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Anyone defending dude is in denial. What he did was distasteful, and straight up clown shit. His half ass apology video was bullshit too. I don’t care about cancelling or getting rid of him, but he definitely needs friends around him that are going to be real with him when he fucks up. This is a fuck up. Seems like he got yes men around him enabling the bullshit. Call a spade a spade. He lame AF for these videos. It was for clout.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
MSM is a terrible example to justify bad behavior.
Im not justifying his behaviour but it seems like what i have seen reported vs his vid the only difference was he did a reaction vid which was in poor taste.

The debate about main stream media profiting from death is probably a different argument.

I wasn't trying to defend him in any way it was just an observation.

Anyway it was a terrible thing that has happened and hope it never happens again.

This could be one of those topics that can spin out of control and start leading into the old gun control and health care debate which i don't think anybody should discuss on a forum for fighting games.

Thanks for the discussion and opinions but i think its best to leave it now.

TwiztidOne

I don't know who that is...
I feel that nobody should post a reaction video of someone dying for revenue. He's a joke really. And to sit here and copy excellent adventures and he denies it. Lol
you can dislike him for posting the reaction, but he's stated multiple times that bogus journeys is 100% based on excellent adventures

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Some of the topics he covers can be interesting, and that's a large reason why I watched his vids. But man, that was so bad. Monetization on a reaction video to a shooting at a gaming event...you can't get over that. I don't think his apology was fake...he seems genuinely interested in and a fan of the community, but I couldn't support that move.

Time will tell if it was a one-off thing, and judging from how his apology was, I don't think we'll see him doing stuff like that again.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
He's an insensitive moron.
But then so are any other newscasters who make money on the tragedy of others, letting people know about such tragedy who have no business knowing it.
I personally don't think that he should be thrown away but the community will do so anyway.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
i just stumbled on his apology video

"I'm sorry if you were offended that" lol right
"I apologise if you disagree, but I can only be real and be my myself"

SO SINCERE

Ernesto is a clearcut chump, but if you aren't this guy and aren't even getting the publicity and ads he's getting and are still defending it, you're an even bigger chump

SaltyPrime

More salt please.
I find it disgusting that he has any kind of following at all. His vids are clickbait quick buck bullshit. This whole controversy should be the final nail in the coffin for his channel. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might