What's new

The Ernesto Lopez Controversy

Do you feel Ernesto should be gone from the FGC because of this incident?

• Throw him away!

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Ernesto did no wrong. He should stay in the FGC.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • What he did was wrong, but we should not just throw him away like trash.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I feel we need to have a discussion about this because this topic keeps lingering everywhere.

If you do not know who Ernesto Lopez is, he has been the news guy for the FGC with his comedic twist on it. He has recently been under fire of the Jacksonville incident. The reason why people are pissed because he posted a reaction video of the Twitch clip of the actual shooting. What even got people more upset is that people have said they found out he monetized the video, got caught, then un-monetized it. He later apologized but people are still dismissing him as trash. Now, look, Uncle JBeezY has realized that the FGC has A LOT of judgmental people, but I really am unsure on how all this works as far as monetizing videos and whatnot.

The crowd right now is mixed. People still love him, but now he has a group of people who hate him and want him scrapped completely because of this. What do you guys think? Do you think what he did was wrong? Does he deserve the hate even after he apologized? Or is the FGC overacting as usual. Let's have a discussion.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It’s hard to say what his true intentions were, but it’s common sense to me that you shouldn’t make a “reaction” video to people dying and try to make money off of it.
I mean....maybe he really didnt know though. He really is trying to fit in. You can totally tell, so he doesn't necessarily know everything in the FGC. I feel if he indeed had that video monetized, it was a mistake on his part, and corrected it and apologized. Shouldn't that be enough?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
He clearly was wrong to do what he did. I don't normally tune in to his kind of stuff anyways, so I'll likely continue to do so. However, if he wants to keep making FGC related content and other people keep supporting him by tuning in, that's their choice. If this was just a one time thing and an honest mistake, he'll be fine. If he keeps pulling stuff like this then I hope people choose to tune out.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
He clearly was wrong to do what he did. I don't normally tune in to his kind of stuff anyways, so I'll likely continue to do so. However, if he wants to keep making FGC related content and other people keep supporting him by tuning in, that's their choice. If this was just a one time thing and an honest mistake, he'll be fine. If he keeps pulling stuff like this then I hope people choose to tune out.
My thoughts exactly. Ive met him in person at EVO and he seems like a really cool dude. I get the vibe that he knows he messed up but dont feel his intention is bad.

I mean, if it wasn't for him promoting the organization thats helping the victims, Uncle JBeezY wouldn't have known and donated.

This is the MAJOR problem I see and its not with him. Its US, the FGC. We're so quick to throw somebody away, but forget the good Ernesto has brought. Yeah, he fucked up. But are we going to erase the fact that he promoted the #GamersGiveBack campaign? Btw have any of y'all donated or even shared? Mmmmm hmmmm

Also, his content is entertaining, and it gives us information. For the people who say to throw him away, look in the mirror. What kind of person are YOU to quickly dismiss somebody for 1 mistake? Do you know his true intention? I know, I don't. But i damn sure know he doesn't deserve to thrown away like trash. We need to do better.

like i said in a status update and also like some gentlemen said here, i havent heard of that guy until beezy started to promote him..

meh ;D

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
This is the MAJOR problem I see and its not with him. Its US, the FGC. We're so quick to throw somebody away, but forget the good Ernesto has brought.
What's that? Twitter gossip and news that can be found on other websites already?

Given his response to the Jacksonville thing, I get the feeling that if no one said anything, we wouldn't get the apology. That's just my gut feeling.

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
While I wont comment on whether he was right or wrong, I can tell you this. Ernesto has been in the FGC for a few years now. He has done work for Absolute Battle when SF4 was still being played. I believe he is originally form the TX FGC. Not sure though, just my educated guess from running events he was at

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I mean....maybe he really didnt know though. He really is trying to fit in. You can totally tell, so he doesn't necessarily know everything in the FGC. I feel if he indeed had that video monetized, it was a mistake on his part, and corrected it and apologized. Shouldn't that be enough?
It’s not even an FGC issue.
If you feel like he apology was legit then why even bring it up again with this thread?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
What's that? Twitter gossip and news that can be found on other websites already?

Given his response to the Jacksonville thing, I get the feeling that if no one said anything, we wouldn't get the apology. That's just my gut feeling.
I mean, I don't know if you noticed for the over....What...AT LEAST 5 years, Twitter gossip has been considered News worthy topics. Yeah....I know....

Uh....DUH! Of course he wouldn't have made an apology because maybe he didn't know he did anything wrong. And AGAIN, overlooking the awareness he did bring. Which is my point exactly.

It’s not even an FGC issue.
If you feel like he apology was legit then why even bring it up again with this thread?

Because others don't, as you can see. But i wanted to get both sides to start a discussion. Simple.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
If a guy needs to be told that making clickbait videos that are monetized that have him "reacting" to a video that shows the pre-death of a real person's life, who has a family mourning, is wrong, then maybe he shouldn't be making money off of YouTube videos or have a public spotlight. Just saying.

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
If a guy needs to be told that making clickbait videos that are monetized that have him "reacting" to a video that shows the pre-death of a real person's life, who has a family mourning, then maybe he shouldn't be making money off of YouTube videos or have a public spotlight. Just saying.
Well alright. We'll leave it at that.

Anybody else's thoughts ?Question mark?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Click bait videos on "hot topics" in the fgc. Promoting his patron account and follow him on social media and blah blah blah.

I can care less if he comes and goes.

It's all click bait anyways so fuck em

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
No I'll just continue

Even in his apology, he made sure to mention that it was "twisted" on Twitter into something it wasn't. The fact of the matter is there's no misrepresentation, you just tried to literally tried to capitalize on actual deaths lost.

It's just like Logan Paul, except at the very least that appears to be a very young man acting dumb. This guy looks grown or at least grown enough to know better and did it anyway while chastising those who told him it was a trashy thing to do. Fuck him and feed him fishheads.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
No I'll just continue

Even in his apology, he made sure to mention that it was "twisted" on Twitter into something it wasn't. The fact of the matter is there's no misrepresentation, you just tried to literally tried to capitalize on actual deaths lost.

It's just like Logan Paul, except at the very least that appears to be a very young man acting dumb. This guy looks grown or at least grown enough to know better and did it anyway while chastising those who told him it was a trashy thing to do. Fuck him and feed him fishheads.

OOOOO A sassy Hippo! I like that ;)

BTW...Fish heads are fucking delicious, sir!

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
What you should be doing is not giving it any attention, which this thread has already failed to do so.

I see where you're coming from. On one hand, if an idea persists without seeing enough of a reaction to justify its own existence, it might go away.

On the other hand, that idea might see that there is no opposition or resistance, and continue spouting vile things. I suspect we live in the latter's time, so I respectfully disagree. We shouldn't ignore this. Without bringing attention to morally condemnable behavior, we send no speaker to the platform, and the battle is already lost.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
He’s an idiot. He should have never made that video. He already knew what happened, he probably already had seen it. Why would any sane person think it was a good idea to make a fucking react video to a mass shooting? It’s irrelevant that he demonetized it, the apology is irrelevant. There’s nothing he can do or say to make it right. He belongs in the trash, so does his channel.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Fuck him. This isn't something you accidentally do. It's telling that the only person in here justifying it, is doing so because they have a rapport with them irl, aka the number 1 reason anyone justifies garbage behavior ever. I'm disgusted by it and it's compounded by how he reacted to the criticism to begin with. He needs a good smack from someone close to him tbh.