What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

If KP3 then following:

If Guests involved: Michael Myers, Freddy Kruger, Rain, Noob Saibot

If no Guests involved: Rain, Noob Saibot, Fujin, Sindel

Otherwise dear Ed:

Kokoko

Somehow
Boon dropped a bomb. ЕSL Season 3 Finals, E3, EVO... Seems like a great time for some news. Hope, NRS will release something like the KP3.

Predict: Noob, Jade, Rain and Fujin.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Narr... it will be all 4 in that list... like all of the,.. there was never any choice... remember when he did the vote for a new character... that is my bet

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
If you think Ed boon isn't going to reveal a tease for KP3 or some other type of new content during either ESL finals or Evo stop lying to yourself.
I think it's KP3 honestly
-Rain (100%)
-sindel (maybe)
-Noob (most likely)
-guest character (hopefully Michael Myers)

I wouldn't mind Fujin or jade popping in but that doesn't seem likely to me but anything is possible

But on top of all this MKXL is in dire need of a balance patch to address alien and all the other plus frame mixup jailing broke shit

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
As long as it comes with good balance patches, welcome KP3.

Also shaolin monks sequel sounds promising, the first one was very fun, i have been waiting for another mk adventure game since then.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Please... They had hard time balancing launch roster, they struggle now with 34 characters, there is 0% chance potential KP3 will be balanced.

One thing is sure - KP3 chars will be OP at launch to bait buyers, and nerfed to the ground before major tournament.
Yes, I assume KP3 chars will mostly be op, I'm referring to the rest of the cast, there are still things that need to be looked into. If they are taking our money with kp3, I hope at least they put some extra effort in the balance task in exchange. There is no reason to try to extend mkx life with another KP unless balance support continues also.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yeah...if KP3 becomes reality this game will fall into disarray. Please no.

If NRS is keeping with their roll out model, we're going to hear a new game announcement by the first week of June.

Injustice annoucement was May 31st 2012...MKX announcement was June 2nd 2014. I'd say there's a good chance.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I say KP3+ new game announcement will happen.
I hope neither happen. I get that it's a business and the shareholders want results, but this game still has issues and NRS could use some extra dev time on the next game.

That being said, MKX sold a gazillion copies, so there's no reason for them to take extra time. That's the game industry for you.

Why are people voting for KP3 if they don't like the game or constantly complain about it, I'm sure you'd have chosen the other two options. As much as I love this game, MK11 and especially a Shaolin Monks sequal would be godlike .... pls Boon

Noob
Run down of the events that will unfold in the next few months:
KP3 announcement ppl go wild on the streets screaming of excitement
KP3 characters are shown, battle will unfold between ppl that got who they wanted and those that didnt and think the characters they want deserved it more than the ones we got.
Characters are released, they are extremely good but not broken ppl are happy and mad at the same time cause of how strong they are massive threads appear asking for buffs and nerfs over the same character
NRS launches patch to "balance" KP3 characters whilst destroying them in the process

I Call this the 4 stages of Kombat Pack, Excitement, Confusion, Civil War, RageQuit

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
We just let it die that vanilla Jade variation. Then we will mourn it.

Same goes for Johnny Cage. If Noob Saibot is in, what would happen to his Stunt Double variation?
Well Cage always made shadows of himself. That was the point of stunt double. That variation would still make sense if noob made it in.

Mournful exists because Jade is dead and Kitana has her glaive and staff. If Jade comes back, she would need her glaive and staff and that would make mournful even more useless than it is now.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Run down of the events that will unfold in the next few months:
KP3 announcement ppl go wild on the streets screaming of excitement
KP3 characters are shown, battle will unfold between ppl that got who they wanted and those that didnt and think the characters they want deserved it more than the ones we got.
Characters are released, they are extremely good but not broken ppl are happy and mad at the same time cause of how strong they are massive threads appear asking for buffs and nerfs over the same character
NRS launches patch to "balance" KP3 characters whilst destroying them in the process

I Call this the 4 stages of Kombat Pack, Excitement, Confusion, Civil War, RageQuit
You forgot to list the large percentage of people that just happy play and have fun, go to comps and live the FGC life. All that noise is just the normal background noise that goes over that crew. A good example is Reo and Ketchup. They have fun, they play, Quan gets nruffed TYM has a fit... oh wait a ketchup finds 70% jail corner combo... CSZ get nurffed TYM has a fit like a 2 year old girl.. Reo had fun loves the game and learns the character he likes.. and is now owning famous players in all MUIs with FT10 (videos on his uTube) ....

My point is that for every person carrying on like school girl there is a ton of players just enjoying the fuck out of the game and actually playing it and getting good and loving it. Nothing is perfect, but still.