What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main

Specualte away guys!

My guesses:

Left to right = Ninja, possible Noob or Smoke, no idea who the next one is at all. Third one could easily be a cyborg, last one maybe Fujin?
Bobobo bo bobobo, bobobo bo bobobo, BOBOBO BO BOBOBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ErMac333

Noob
I'm also inclined to believe Baraka, Sindel, Fujin and Bo. At first seemed like placeholders, but it's getting clear now. Btw, I wonder how Rain people are gonna react if this is accurate... Rain and Fujin have been both highly requested.

Guess it gives more credibility to Boon at least, he said no repeated DLC.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I overreated. I thought it was Smoke. It was merely Noob and the costume will be designed/based upon the deception look :/
Look:

Notice his arm? We all did. As well as his V-shaped physique and broad shoulders. But look at his arm, there is some sort of costume related bump. I feel it's Noob, look at what Noob wore previously:

GGs. Before the game's release and before KP1. I made sure there was no way that Boon or the NRS team could miss my tweets, every day I'd send pictures of Smoke machines, cigarettes, Smoke clouds and even Smoke himself. Just asking, no, begging that they make Smoke playable. I hoped he'd be DLC, but no. He is not. He never will be. It's over. I hope to god I'm wrong, when I saw the sillhouette on the left hand side, actual tears came to my eyes and I had to leave my desk. I was so happy. And now that I've looked closer, I've calmed down and came to the conclusion that it's Noob.... OR BARAKA!! That's very possible too. In MKX there was little costume-part thingies around Baraka's arm, and two small ropes over his shouler. The picture also has that, but it still seems more likely to be Noob based on. However look at the fore arm of what I suspect to be Noob but as I type this kinda think it might be Baraka. Compare these images:
and

I don't know. It's early speculation, and tomorrow it should all be revealed. I might take a closer look at the other ones and see if I can find anything.

Anonymiz

who want it!
MORE I WANT MORE!! GIMME ALL YOUR CHARACTER A PACK EVERY QUARTER, FINALLY A MORTAL KOMBAT THAT CAN HAVE EVERY CHARACTER (DOWNLOADABLE) WHY NOT? KEEP THEM COMING @EDBOON

Scott The Scot

@Scott The Scot
Fujin wears those exact bracers in story mode. It is definitely him.
The one on the left? No, no, it can't be him! Look at the shoulder armour Fujin wears:

It sticks out like a sore thumb, that'd be visible in the sillhouette to the left. The arm pad doesn't match the pattern of the sillhouette, it covers too much of the arm and doesn't have the same pattern/bumps.

I will say, the thing that makes me think it might be Fujin is the right shoulder, it looks a lot like Fujins armour plate.

This is so exciting, I love it! :D

Is it possible that its more than 4 characters here?

I mean, if you look at 1st character.
Left side looks like Fujin. Right side looks like Baraka :) .

Similar case to the one on the right...

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Btw, I wonder how Rain people are gonna react if this is accurate... Rain and Fujin have been both highly requested..
Very disappointed, but not heart broken. It's super unlikely that both Rain AND Fujin are left out, and those are the two I've been holding out for. And even then, I'd probably give Bo Rai Cho a chance (assuming he's not overly comical)

Noob
I overreated. I thought it was Smoke. It was merely Noob and the costume will be designed/based upon the deception look :/
Look:

Notice his arm? We all did. As well as his V-shaped physique and broad shoulders. But look at his arm, there is some sort of costume related bump. I feel it's Noob, look at what Noob wore previously:

GGs. Before the game's release and before KP1. I made sure there was no way that Boon or the NRS team could miss my tweets, every day I'd send pictures of Smoke machines, cigarettes, Smoke clouds and even Smoke himself. Just asking, no, begging that they make Smoke playable. I hoped he'd be DLC, but no. He is not. He never will be. It's over. I hope to god I'm wrong, when I saw the sillhouette on the left hand side, actual tears came to my eyes and I had to leave my desk. I was so happy. And now that I've looked closer, I've calmed down and came to the conclusion that it's Noob.... OR BARAKA!! That's very possible too. In MKX there was little costume-part thingies around Baraka's arm, and two small ropes over his shouler. The picture also has that, but it still seems more likely to be Noob based on. However look at the fore arm of what I suspect to be Noob but as I type this kinda think it might be Baraka. Compare these images:
and

I don't know. It's early speculation, and tomorrow it should all be revealed. I might take a closer look at the other ones and see if I can find anything.
While you make good arguments Scott my boy i think its Smoke, Simply because this look was in MK9 and was redesigned. The redesigned version with the hoodie was a HUGE success, i doubt they would just toss that redesign out of the window just to give him back a very old design because its Deception related... Now the only counter theory i have is that since the hoodie look was given to Scorpion they might not want 2 hoodie Ninjas in the game... but i still think its Smoke so you might be in luck, =) tho i really want Noob, sooo.... pickle han!?
As for the Baraka ref, it could be but it feels like the Outlines of a ninja...
As for the remaining, i said this on the other post but from what we think its Smoke/Noob (left to right) next seems like Sindel, its def a muscular woman with long hair, Sindel seems the most likely, following her its a cyborg, the sharp lines scream cyborg, and i think its Cyrax, and after that is BRC

Scott The Scot

The fact that Boon replies to this saying "interesting theory" has me turning!! It's sooo ambigious that I don't know what to make of it. What's interesting? What's theory in this case? Tell me!? Is it the character choices that's interesting? Is it the fact that there's TWO guest characters? What part's interesting? Is there any truth to this fans deduction of the characters? God I'm too hype, I need this announcement....

Noob
The fact that Boon replies to this saying "interesting theory" has me turning!! It's sooo ambigious that I don't know what to make of it. What's interesting? What's theory in this case? Tell me!? Is it the character choices that's interesting? Is it the fact that there's TWO guest characters? What part's interesting? Is there any truth to this fans deduction of the characters? God I'm too hype, I need this announcement....

LOL i know rite?! im playing MGSV to pass the time, rocklaunchin some tanks and shit so i dont pay attention to the constant guessing game in my head...

What if todays reveal is only for one character " ahhh BACKSTAB BOON" he better reveal the full pack or ill go balistic...