What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

Y'know, Jade's already merged with Kitana and she herself was deconfirmed... Sub, Ken, Mil are already... Therefore Smoke for KP2? ;)

Also, Boon has been posting about dogs a bit more now. Weird.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Yeah about the constant hints on dogs, that's probably aimed towards us when we keep bitching about KP2 not being shown lol. Can he blame us though? we were all mislead.

the worst thing about this announcement is having 500 guesses every day on who is in those silhouettes.

As for my take... well... I only agree with one of yours. I have no reasoning for Michael Myers beyond that I think that choice would be retarded.

I guess I am going to go with the general popular ones...

Boi Rai Cho seams correct based on the sleeves...
Barraka for 2nd from left..
no idea for 2nd from right
Noob is a good fit.. I hate to agree with Max.. but I think he has a good fit

Still, I am betting than none of these have anything to do with the new pack and I can not think that they would not put in a single girl. This entire thing is a troll and a image knocked up in a few secs using some random models on their HDrives. As we get closer more info will come.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
The first one is Baraka, the ears are a dead give away. None of the ninjas have ears sticking out. Baraka's blades are retracted not to make it too obvious.

Second is Sindel, look at the invasion boss model. They removed her revenant veins, and if you look at her from the front, she has poofy hair like silhouette number 2.

3 is Fujin. Rain is requested a lot, but I think Fujin is priority here. I want Rain too, but I don't really know at this point if he's in, IMO that number 3 is Fujin.

4 is obviously Bo Rai Cho, dead on. Look at that belly.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
2nd silhouette is definitely Sindel, I'm now confident w/the Invasion Boss render. Check out the loose strands of hair on the sides in the (brand new) render from the Invasion:

Compare with the silhouette (which I was debating between Sindel and Frost):

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
2nd silhouette is definitely Sindel, I'm now confident w/the Invasion Boss render. Check out the loose strands of hair on the sides in the (brand new) render from the Invasion:

yep. she is even hovering as if this is her select screen walk towards the camera. and let's be real...she is way too awesome looking to not be playable. Rain having a new outfit and particle animations is also too much of a sign he is happening and looks similar to the character on the far right that everyone keeps thinking is bo rai cho. if you look at collar it is the same as Rain's. But who knows. with nothing happening until January at best it sorta destroys any hype. At least if anything they are utilizing the NPCs as invasion bosses and making them worth playing.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Nah the one on the right is definitely BRC. Look at the rolled-up sleeves and the rounded belly. I wish it wasn't, because I think BRC is the worst, but it's totally him.

I still have hope Rain could be a free bonus, though, to meet the promise of no repeat paid DLC. There's that pointless ? slot on the select screen.

MCPeePants

Bout it
Nah the one on the right is definitely BRC. Look at the rolled-up sleeves and the rounded belly. I wish it wasn't, because I think BRC is the worst, but it's totally him.

I still have hope Rain could be a free bonus, though, to meet the promise of no repeat paid DLC. There's that pointless ? slot on the select screen.
Can't tell you how much more I want BRC than Rain...

However, your free DLC Rain idea is tits. Would be a nice little gimme for us while we wait for the awesomeness that will be KP2.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I am fine with BRC being in if he doesn't do the farting/barfing nonsense from Deadly Alliance/Deception. Just really juvenile and not something I found amusing. Even so, I'd still prefer a lot of other 3D era characters before a more toned-down BRC -- from the story mode alone, Fujin, Sareena, Li Mei, and Frost would be ahead of him for me. Then there's Havik and Reiko from the comics, 3D characters with some potential like Ashrah... just lots of people I'd rather see before him.

LeoMK29

Noob
I hope she's in, but that still looks like male character to me. Really hope I'm wrong though.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
THE SILHOUETTES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. They are placeholders...
Given that 3/4 are now clearly identifiable, and two of them are the NPCs we all speculated would become playable from the launch of the game, why do you still insist they're placeholders? The placeholder ones usually get spotted pretty quick, like Goku in the E3 character select screen.

yes. That is exactly what I am saying.. but we will find out no need to argue about it. I am fairly certain this is a image made for advertising and has zero to do with the actual pack.. it is simply that they had these models ready on their drive to go. Simple as that.

It is clear the KP2 was not planned. If it was then the release would be staggered and we wouldn't be waiting till some time in Q1 2015, probably later Q1. WB gave the go ahead and development has started NOW.... or only recently.

I am sure the silhouettes are placeholders. Some dude called down and said "hey get a intern to knock up a who's next gfx so we can post it and settle the speculation".. and he opened the folder and loaded a bunch up.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
yes. That is exactly what I am saying.. but we will find out no need to argue about it. I am fairly certain this is a image made for advertising and has zero to do with the actual pack.. it is simply that they had these models ready on their drive to go. Simple as that.

It is clear the KP2 was not planned. If it was then the release would be staggered and we wouldn't be waiting till some time in Q1 2015, probably later Q1. WB gave the go ahead and development has started NOW.... or only recently.

I am sure the silhouettes are placeholders. Some dude called down and said "hey get a intern to knock up a who's next gfx so we can post it and settle the speculation".. and he opened the folder and loaded a bunch up.
Sure

That explain the Announcement of an Announcemente xD

Anyway ED should explain better about KP2 "Announcement"

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
KP2 Pre-Order bonus/KP1+KP2 bundle bonus (for non-KP1 owners) so people stop bitching about paying twice for him?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Rain isn't in. We have that DLC Edenian traitor role fulfilled in MKX with Tanya and I have a feeling they'll be shoe-ins on the roster for MKXI.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Bruh... that's a stretch if I've seen one lol. He said no repeat DLC, whether the be paid DLC or free DLC. Unless the next KP is a story pack Rain, along with Skarlet and Freddy and Kratos, aren't going to be DLC. They wouldn't do repeat DLC because they would be shunned for a shitty business decision like that. And come on, the '?' is not "pointless" it's the random select button. People use it when they don't know who they want to play so/or they leave it up to RNGsus to decide for them.