What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

ErMac333

Noob
Omg Boon, why. So much trolling with people expecting Fujin. A close partner to Raiden could only mean him in the MK universe, unless he's already teasing something in the lines of Gods Among Us.

ErMac333

Noob
Yeah... But I'm really glad on how she turned out, an amazingly built kharacter! Unfortunatelly no alternates but still nice. Let's hope that if Fujin makes it, he's a nicely executed DLC just like her.

trufenix

bye felicia
Are you sure he doesn't just, you know, like adorable dogs like the rest of humanity? We have reached "having a ham sandwich for lunch" = meat confirmed levels of lunacy again.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Fujin, that lame god that had useless wind powers because he had copypasted moves from other chars and had to use a random crossbow to make it up?

So lame if he makes it over Rain, Sindel, Noob in the game.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Fujin, that lame god that had useless wind powers because he had copypasted moves from other chars and had to use a random crossbow to make it up?

Copypasta moves are all over the game tho, it stopped bothering me at some point and i made peace with the lack of creativity in the combat design. Also Rain confirmed never gonna be in mkx, Boon said that no dlc character will make it to a game 2 times in a row.

ErMac333

Noob
By now I'm pretty sure an Ultimate MKX is coming. That's probably when they'll release new skins for everyone else including DLC just like MK9 on Vita. Fujin and Rain are sure to be added if this happens, after all, this wouldn't exactly count as DLC and more of an upgrade.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
By now I'm pretty sure an Ultimate MKX is coming. That's probably when they'll release new skins for everyone else including DLC just like MK9 on Vita. Fujin and Rain are sure to be added if this happens, after all, this wouldn't exactly count as DLC and more of an upgrade.

PLS BE TRUE , Ultimate MK X ... RAIN + FUJIN + Skins + Scenario + Fatalities and Brutalities .

Gamer68

Fujin!
You people sure it's not a IGAU tease?

This one looks like a troll though
I think it is an Injustice tease now that I think about it. Dogs = Gods, there are 2 Dogs (gods), so basically "Gods 2".... "Injustice: GODS Among Us 2".

There's that, plus NRS is looking for people to work on something new (most likely a new game -- which will probably be Injustice 2): http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/read.cds?article=2550

There will probably be an "Ultimate Mortal Kombat X", but it will basically just be a Komplete Edition. I highly doubt they would want to lock characters behind a new version of a game, especially when they have already sold DLC and more for the first edition, and a lot of people are already upset with NRS/WB currently with this game (because of the bad PC port, Microtransactions, etc). Doing something like that would piss even more people off and a lot of people would probably refuse to buy something from them again. I'm pretty sure NRS/WB are wanting to play things safe for now (see: actually taking the time to upgrade the netcode).

EDIT: Yup, Mortal Kombat XL is a thing now. We can assume no other content will be released after that. This was definitely an Injustice 2 hint.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/688748425139982336

What if this is Ed Boon's way of hinting at the Dead Pool stage coming back? Think about it. With KP1 we had Klassic Fatalities #1 and #2 as "freebies". What if The Pit and Dead Pool stages will be the 2 "freebies" with KP2? Plus, apparently the Apocalypse Skins is the only new skin pack coming with KP2 -- aside from old skins and maybe some free ones in compatibility updates. What if they are wanting to focus on stages instead of skins and fatalities?

I HIGHLY doubt it, but I think there's still a possibility we could be getting one more surprise stage. Wouldn't get your hopes up for it, though.

Gamer68

Fujin!

Tremor who was the lamest of lame characters and yet he made it in this game. So did Bo' Rai Cho. And somehow they actually made those characters WAY better then their previous versions (or at least Tremor, can't say much about Bo' yet).

Remember, with every character, there's potential. Fujin doesn't have to use a Divekick and Spin like Kung Lao, and he doesn't have to use a crossbow either. They can completely redesign his moveset and give him new stuff. For an example: Maybe he could focus on mobility with long, fast, and "floating" dashes and even have an air dash. As for attacks, he could use his Wind Staff (always have it, not just a variation thing) and could have long-range pokes and combos (similar to Aquaman) -- with the downside of them being unsafe on block in a lot of cases. I would imagine him being comparable to Cinder from Killer Instinct: Quick, the most mobile character in the game, has a lot of interesting options and tools, but on the down-side is very weak and "situational". He would be a character that is completely viable, but only if you have the true skill to play as him correctly.

Also, as much as I like Rain, Sindel, and Noob and I would have also liked to have seen them in MKX, I think Fujin would be the better choice in the long run because:
  1. He would bring something new to the table for MKX.
  2. It would be another redesigned post-Trilogy character, which is always nice to see (I would prefer NRS do something with them instead of killing them off, only having them as cameos, or simply pretending like they don't exist).
  3. He hasn't been playable since Armageddon (and even then, he wasn't very fleshed out), while Noob, Sindel, and Rain were all playable in MK9.
  4. He is currently the #1 most requested character for Mortal Kombat X, and has been since a few months before the game's release.
I would be fine with whoever we got out of those 4, though -- assuming that we will get post-KP2 characters. However, even if I didn't like Fujin, I still think he would be the best choice because of those reasons and the fact he would make a lot of people happy.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I CACKLED out loud at that tweet and I have a boner for Rain. Well played Boon, well played.

Anyways, I'm 95% sure I've seen that tweet of the dogs and that caption before so either this is a case of deja Vu on my part or I had a vision (if so, couldn't it have been a better vision like a playable Fujin instead...)