The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat XL' started by Scott The Scot, Jan 21, 2015.

1. The_Tile

The_Tile Just a sip, and an overhead, and a low, yeah.

Oh shit no way guys, it's a Lizard who knew

2. Ed Boon -> Lizzard. Scott The Scott - >Nightwolf.
    :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

Wigy and Scott The Scot like this.
  3. SneakyTortoise

SneakyTortoise Official Master of Salt
    Director of Content

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm betting it's a screenshot of the very first scene of story mode

4. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

lol it looks so good. I thought it was from a documentary at first or something but the storymode shot is a good point and probable.

5. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse Edenian Assassin

Ketchup got a theory...

6. Marinjuana

Marinjuana Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

Well that's certainly a chameleon esque lizard and I think that's exactly the type of trolling that Boon likes to do.

Here's hoping, Chameleon/Khameleon is rad

EarlyReflections likes this.
  7. MCPeePants

MCPeePants Baller Blockin'

Buddy and I were talking about this yesterday. It looks like an intro.... and that lizard is about to get stomped out.

8. I think it's just an ingame screenshot. It's too obcious to be a hint at Khameleon.

9. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

Could be Reptile's intro, maybe he picks lizard up pets him then releases him or something.

aldazo likes this.
  10. HeavyNorse

... Or eats it.

MKF30 likes this.
  11. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

I thought about that but would make Reptile a hypocrite lol. With him being the "last" (we know he's not of course lol) of his race and all lol but yeah would be funny if that winds up being true.:D

12. HeavyNorse

It could be funny if he picked up the lizard and pet it while doing his dialogue, and then just chomps its head off and throws away the rest before the fight begins. XD

Afk Skinny and MKF30 like this.
  13. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

lmao. I can picture him doing that and fighting say Johnny Cage and Cage saying "dude that's gross" lol

HeavyNorse likes this.
  14. Gamer68

Gamer68 *Stares blankly*

Saw this on Reddit:

[​IMG]

Confirms that the stage the screenshot is from is Shang Tsung's Island and not a jungle map like some people were speculating, but it also seems that the lizard could be on the "battle line" meaning that the chances of it being an intro just went up. Not to mention what I was talking about earlier saying that the lizard was too detailed to simply be a background creature.

While it's possible that it's just a story mode screenshot, I'm really thinking that it has something to do with Reptile or K/Chameleon.

15. HeavyNorse

16. Gamer68

Gamer68 *Stares blankly*

Evil Canadian and HeavyNorse like this.
  17. Ger187

Ger187 Noob

I rhink hes only trolling
    *think

18. Evil Canadian

Evil Canadian G O K U
    Royal Contributor

There can be no trolling where Nightwolf is concerned he is too pure and beyond it.

Marinjuana likes this.
  19. HeavyNorse

Ed Boon isn't though.

Ger187 likes this.
  20. Lokheit

Lokheit Noob

Not to be a bummer, but Sub-Zero replacing his entire weaponry (swords, daggers, hammer) with 100% axes could mean Nightwolf isn't around (as there would be 2 characters with magical axes popping on their movesets). You could say he might've been... axed...

Kroaken, YoungTeezy 305 and aldazo like this.
  21. Tanno

Tanno The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind

Reptile and Moon are unrelated. It's most likely Nightwolf.

22. Gamer68

Gamer68 *Stares blankly*

What do you mean? Reptile's hint in MK1 was "Look to La Luna" or something like that, and was related to the moon on The Pit. Ed even teased Reptile before he was revealed in MKX using a picture of a moon.

That's not to say that it can't be Nightwolf, I'm just saying that moons and Reptile actually are connected.

23. xWildx

xWildx What a day. What a lovely day.

You guys realize yesterday was a phenomenon called the “super blood wolf moon” and that’s the same thing a million different people posted pictures of.

24. Gamer68

Gamer68 *Stares blankly*

Yes, and I saw it.

I wasn't being serious when I said it was confirming Reptile, but my reply was just clarifying that Reptile is related to moons. :/

25. Marinjuana

Marinjuana Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

This is one of the GOAT TYM threads

BossLogic drew an image of Terry Crews as Jax. Boon teased saying "Would be awesome if we could make this a thing!" before tweeting

[​IMG]

Personally I was thinking he was pretty likely, not my favorite but he's always been cool. As long as he doesn't put me in the corner

SaSSolino and Gamer68 like this.