The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat XL' started by Scott The Scot, Jan 21, 2015.

1. If not Reptile, than any other lizzard is gonna be in the game. He's just too popular. But this just looks like a render from the game, likely a stage prop, which for its size looks really good. Now imagine how the actual stage will look. Nice.

2. Scott The Scot

Scott The Scot Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

I think it's important to note that the picture isn't just any old picture of a lizard. The picture, if you search with it on google, is actually unique and most likely a screenshot from story mode. As opposed to a random lizard he found on Google.

With the reveal coming up, my prediction is that this will just be a lizard that the camera looks at initially before cutting to something else - like to set the scene I guess. Perhaps a scene that contains Nightwolf or something.

MKF30 and Jhonnykiller45 like this.
  3. The_Tile

The_Tile Just a sip, and an overhead, and a low, yeah.

Oh shit no way guys, it's a Lizard who knew

4. Ed Boon -> Lizzard. Scott The Scott - >Nightwolf.
    :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

Wigy and Scott The Scot like this.
  5. SneakyTortoise

SneakyTortoise Official Master of Salt
    Director of Content

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm betting it's a screenshot of the very first scene of story mode

6. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

lol it looks so good. I thought it was from a documentary at first or something but the storymode shot is a good point and probable.

7. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse This will be easy

Ketchup got a theory...

8. Marinjuana

Marinjuana Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

Well that's certainly a chameleon esque lizard and I think that's exactly the type of trolling that Boon likes to do.

Here's hoping, Chameleon/Khameleon is rad

EarlyReflections likes this.
  9. MCPeePants

MCPeePants Baller Blockin'

Buddy and I were talking about this yesterday. It looks like an intro.... and that lizard is about to get stomped out.

10. I think it's just an ingame screenshot. It's too obcious to be a hint at Khameleon.

11. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

Could be Reptile's intro, maybe he picks lizard up pets him then releases him or something.

aldazo likes this.
  12. HeavyNorse

... Or eats it.

MKF30 likes this.
  13. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

I thought about that but would make Reptile a hypocrite lol. With him being the "last" (we know he's not of course lol) of his race and all lol but yeah would be funny if that winds up being true.:D

14. HeavyNorse

It could be funny if he picked up the lizard and pet it while doing his dialogue, and then just chomps its head off and throws away the rest before the fight begins. XD

Afk Skinny and MKF30 like this.
  15. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

lmao. I can picture him doing that and fighting say Johnny Cage and Cage saying "dude that's gross" lol

HeavyNorse likes this.
  16. Gamer68

Gamer68 *Stares blankly*

Saw this on Reddit:

[​IMG]

Confirms that the stage the screenshot is from is Shang Tsung's Island and not a jungle map like some people were speculating, but it also seems that the lizard could be on the "battle line" meaning that the chances of it being an intro just went up. Not to mention what I was talking about earlier saying that the lizard was too detailed to simply be a background creature.

While it's possible that it's just a story mode screenshot, I'm really thinking that it has something to do with Reptile or K/Chameleon.