What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Ed Boon's just posted a strange image of a lizard on his Twitter, and it seems like it's straight from MK11.

What does it mean? Is it really a hint at Reptile's playable appearance in MK11, perhaps C/Khameleon?
Somehow, I don't think so, but I do very much so believe this is a screenshot from MK11's Story Mode.
What do you think?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
His tweet suggests he might just be trolling:
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1083918268400832514
#CryingWolfAgain

Edit:
I realise I probably didn't need to point this out, however, ever since people thought Fujin was confirmed for MKX because Ed tweeted "It sure is windy in Chicago!", which of course proved not to be the case, I can't help but pointing out the possibility that he's actually NOT confirming anything.

But yeah... in this case I probably didn't have to. :p

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Ed plays too damn much I swear. Reptile has never been a character I really cared about tbh, so I'd be more interested in Khameleon. But Ed's so all over the place I don't even know. Part of me feels he wouldn't just say "Reptile Konfirmed" but who the hell knows with him.

But, I expect plenty of teases from here until the reveal. He's been saying #CryingWolf a lot and that obviously makes me think of Nightwolf along with the fact he really could just be trolling. :rolleyes:

I trust Ed about as much as I trust these 'leaks' most of the time.

Gamer68

Fujin!
So it's most likely either:
  • Reptile
  • K/Chameleon
  • Nightwolf
  • A new character
  • Story screenshot
  • Close-up screenshot of a random background creature just to troll
I don't think it's just a random background creature. The detail is surprisingly good, especially the head. Background creatures are usually very low poly and textured because they are so insignificant and they can't have them being detailed because 1) You won't be able to notice it very well so it's not worth putting a lot of time into it, and 2) putting to much detail into background stuff can cause the game to have performance problems which is a big no-no considering the game needs to stay at a consistent 60fps at 1080p.
While it could be story-related, I think has something to do with a character because the shot looks like it could belong to a character intro animation. It's hard to explain, but the way the camera looks is similar to an intro shot from Injustice 2. Not to mention that it looks like it takes place at Shang Tsung's island and giving the position it could easily be apart of the "battle line" (where the fight actually takes place on a 2D plane).

I don't think it's Nightwolf because he has nothing to do with lizards. K/Chameleon has a chance maybe, but if anything I think they would be a Triborg/TMNT situation where they are a highly customizable character that can basically work as characters that didn't make it in the game -- and released as DLC.

We know that the new characters we are going to see are Kronika and Geras and both their names have something to do with time or old age (which is still kinda time related), so unless one of them are running around with a pet lizard I doubt it's them as it kinda has nothing to do with what their abilities most likely are. It could be another new character which isn't out of the question considering when MKX was first shown they actually showed 4 new characters. However that's because the game had 8 newcomers in total and they still had 4 to show off later. This game may not have as many, so showing 3 right off the bat would be kinda weird. It's hard to say.

Honestly, I think it's just Reptile. He was already leaked by a voice actor and he's one of the original characters so it would be okay for him to be in a reveal line-up (he was in the MK9 E3 build).

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The crying wolf thing is a reference from a previous tweet where someone said they didn't know if the box art was real or if it was Ed trolling again, so he said it was real and added the hashtag "theboonthatcriedwolf", or something like that.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This entire tweet could be a troll,

or could be hints at three characters; Nightwolf, Reptile, Khameleon

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Well I couldn't find that thread again and I figured more people would see this as a new thread. If the mods want to merge them, that's fine by me.
It's all good, there is a full nice collection of Boon tweets in that mega thread. I'd like all of them to be there for documentation purposes.

On topic: It was my belief that Reptile will be in mk11 already, But after seeing this tweet am kinduv..anxious '~'

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Ed Boon just being Ed Boon. He knows we blow everything out of proportions, he might as well fart and we'll be like " Ohh yaas Bo Rai Cho confirmed! "

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Nightwolf is an Indian, so I doubt it's related to that reptilian creature. It's more likely that Reptile or Kharmeleon is confirmed. Otherwise, it's just a troll post.

@CrimsonShadow @Charybdis @HellblazerHawkman and the rest of the mods: Mind if you can merge this thread with the existing one?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Ed Boon's just posted a strange image of a lizard on his Twitter, and it seems like it's straight from MK11.

What does it mean? Is it really a hint at Reptile's playable appearance in MK11, perhaps C/Khameleon?
Somehow, I don't think so, but I do very much so believe this is a screenshot from MK11's Story Mode.
What do you think?
It's a lizard.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
If not Reptile, than any other lizzard is gonna be in the game. He's just too popular. But this just looks like a render from the game, likely a stage prop, which for its size looks really good. Now imagine how the actual stage will look. Nice.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I think it's important to note that the picture isn't just any old picture of a lizard. The picture, if you search with it on google, is actually unique and most likely a screenshot from story mode. As opposed to a random lizard he found on Google.

With the reveal coming up, my prediction is that this will just be a lizard that the camera looks at initially before cutting to something else - like to set the scene I guess. Perhaps a scene that contains Nightwolf or something.