What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Armac

Noob
the fgc is pretty hardcore convinced its the most dedicated / important community to devs, but its not. Not by a long shot. Polls like this prove it.
That's a fair point. To me it seems the coming together of two of the biggest fighting game series would make Street Fighter the best collaboration Mortal Kombat could ever agree to. But I guess now that I think about it, it isn't too shocking that Marvel came out on top.

trufenix

bye felicia
That's a fair point. To me it seems the coming together of two of the biggest fighting game series would make Street Fighter the best collaboration Mortal Kombat could ever agree to. But I guess now that I think about it, it isn't too shocking that Marvel came out on top.
Street Fighters really not one of the biggest anymore and their last two cross-overs were huge disappointments. VS. the success of off brand guests and licensed wackados in NRS games?

No contest.

Lokheit

Noob
^

Possibility 1: Rain teaser.
Possibility 2: Apology, since Rain won't be in the game.
Possibility 3: Jax teaser.

What's up with the quote? Did we hear that quote in prior games or something?
Lyrics from Prince's Purple Rain, the song that inspired the character.

I'd say this is a confirmation (and I was one of the biggest Rain skeptica here) and that maybe Rain says it as an homage to his origins.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Boon said the Rain tweet after he posted this:

Which was in reply to this:

So is it really a confirmation? Or is it a deconfirmation? Perhaps he's just extending the joke.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
^

Possibility 1: Rain teaser.
Possibility 2: Apology, since Rain won't be in the game.
Possibility 3: Jax teaser.

What's up with the quote? Did we hear that quote in prior games or something?
Either a Rain konfirmation or a seriously nasty troll on eds end.
It's a direct quote from Prince's song Purple Rain.
Backstory:
Ed Boon is a huge fan of Prince and Purple Rain is one of his favorite songs. They originally created Rain as a joke/tribute to Prince.
That's why we seen the costumes of Rain with laced purple and gold. That's Prince signatured on stage look. And he is the prince of pop kinda like Rains lore.

Boon said the Rain tweet after he posted this:

Which was in reply to this:

So is it really a confirmation? Or is it a deconfirmation? Perhaps he's just extending the joke.
I think it's either a joke or a hard confirmation? Who knows with boon. At this point we would need him saying #IAm100%KonfirmingRain #MK11 #NoJoke #ImNotTrollingPromise

And even then we would question it. I think most will wait till we have the reveal or a render of Rain.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1107799643268804609

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo.

Ed Boon‏Verified account @noobde

C2E2 will be fun. #MortalKombat11

8:23 PM - 18 Mar 2019

I think this is the "Big News" he has been building up.

It has the actors of almost every classic Kombatant and boon said not long ago that they are focusing on fan favorites and classic characters.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yeah he has took it far beyond joking. Rain although not my favorite character is a symbol for many LGBT+ members of the community. Some people don't relate to the normal characters in MK and Rain is the answer for them. It's brutal what Ed is doing to Rain fans.

If I had to guess who is most wanted returning characters by the communities requests on Twitter I'd say it's:

1. Rain
  2. Mileena
  3. Reptile
  4. Smoke
  5. Sindel
  6. Fujin
  7. Li Mei
  8. Sektor
  9. Cyrax
I think Ed Boon is annoyed with rain fan requests. Every post made by noobde has 100k+ requests for Rain, Mileena and Reptile the most.
I think Noob was the most requested returning character by far.

My list would look like:

Cyrax
Reptile
Smoke
Mileena
Sindel
Chameleon

I'm happy I got:

Sub Zero ( never have to worry about it)
Cassie Cage
Noob Saibot
Liu Kang
Kabal

All in all I think there is a huge reveal incoming and it's gonna be something huge. I think maybe Mileena, Rain, Reptile/Smoke-Enenra and possibly Spawn.
We shall see in less than 14 days?