What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I could see this, I suppose, but the fact that the character doesn't have an actual name besides 'Doomguy' (a little goofy) feels like it'd undercut it. But it wouldn't be a terrible fit. As a crossover they could have him be someone fighting Netherrealm demons or something.

The bigger point against it is that the DOOM franchise doesn't seem to have anything new to cross-promote?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I could see this, I suppose, but the fact that the character doesn't have an actual name besides 'Doomguy' (a little goofy) feels like it'd undercut it. But it wouldn't be a terrible fit. As a crossover they could have him be someone fighting Netherrealm demons or something.

The bigger point against it is that the DOOM franchise doesn't seem to have anything new to cross-promote?
In the new games he is called the Doomslayer and Doom Eternal comes out next year.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
In the new games he is called the Doomslayer and Doom Eternal comes out next year.
Aha! Thank you. I'm not a big DOOM person, so I didn't realize. That would make a ton of sense, then. And I'd welcome this guest character because he at least fits pretty well into MK -- 'demon hunter soldier' is basically also what Jax, Sonya, etc are.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
No guys you have it wrong, magical girls are going to be introduced this time around!
On a serious note, he wants us to talk about the game, and referencing kute kombat (babalities) and "kracked my kode!" (Kombat kodes).

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Doomguy and Spawn are 1000x better than any random horror character. I would not be mad at their inclusion. Rule #1 for guests should be that they actually fight, not just murder
I’m 99.99% sure we’ll see Pennywise.

But I’m down for spawn as well. He’s been hinted at for ages and he has a movie next year.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

But I’m down for spawn as well. He’s been hinted at for ages and he has a movie next year.
Thry prob will do pennywise but i hope not. Doomguy literally fights demons from hell with his bare hands and wins. They will prob base him off the Doom Eternal version coming out next year with the arm blade like baraka, grappling hook like scorpion spear, shoulder cannon like predator, and shotgun like lobo.

Doomguy fights enemies with actual powers in actual kombat, pennywise just preys on children that cant fight back, wouldnt make sense to put him up against a thundergod, doomguy could actually hold his own in the MKverse

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

He does not have a movie next year. McFarlane hasn't even gotten a distributor on board for the film, and shooting doesn't begin until June (if it even begins then -- it's been delayed twice).

But in general I don't think Spawn really makes sense as a property to put in your game in 2019, over 20 years since the peak of his popularity.

Pennywise is the only one I'd really put money on, because that feels like a slam dunk for WB.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I said this once and i'll say it again, What's the point of wanting Spawn in the game? We already have a spawn of hell who uses hellfire and deadly chains in his offense and his name is Scorpion. What variety could you possibly expect Spawn will add to that? aside from the edgy look and his special red cape? Spawn should be added only as a Scorpion skin the same way Black Lightning was a added as a Raiden skin.

Let's save the spot for someone who actually adds something new and original to the game and stop this mindless fans serves demands.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I said this once and i'll say it again, What's the point of wanting Spawn in the game? We already have a spawn of hell who uses hellfire and deadly chains in his offense and his name is Scorpion. What variety could you possibly expect Spawn will add to that? aside from the edgy look and his special red cape? Spawn should be added only as a Scorpion skin the same way Black Lightning was a added as a Raiden skin.

Let's save the spot for someone who actually adds something new and original to the game and stop this mindless fans serves demands.
Exactly!

...Now when's Michael Myres? :rolleyes: