What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
11 is the thing he's teasing in the photo, not "no more events". I don't know why you guys are focusing on that part. It's just to fuck with people waiting on MK11. There's three 11's on that watch face.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

I just think of this trailer but instead of "blocks" I substitute seeing the number 11 everywhere. Its the MK Effect.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Debunked. It was a line from the trailer of the original movie, which didn’t make it into the actual movie, from what I understand.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that this makes it into mk11 as a pre-fight interaction that references the movie.
That's the game that he's playing with us now.
Group 1: OH MY GOD, THIS MEANS THAT THANG SSUNG AND KIU LANG ARE IN THE GAME THAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.
Group 2: Guys, this is a ruse and merely just a way to get us going on a hype train. Not actual MK news.
Group 3: What if this is what he wants us to think, with hIm AcTuAlLy sAyInG WhAt'S iN ThE gAmE RiGhT nOw?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I initially took it as a teaser joke. Like, that was a line in a trailer. But HeavyNorse already pointed out it was in the OG film script, will be interesting to see if he tweets out any other MK stuff this week

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
That's the game that he's playing with us now.
Group 1: OH MY GOD, THIS MEANS THAT THANG SSUNG AND KIU LANG ARE IN THE GAME THAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.
Group 2: Guys, this is a ruse and merely just a way to get us going on a hype train. Not actual MK news.
Group 3: What if this is what he wants us to think, with hIm AcTuAlLy sAyInG WhAt'S iN ThE gAmE RiGhT nOw?
And then there's the 4th group who just wait for the official reveal and go on with their lives.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Doomguy in Eternal (which comes out in 2019 -- same year as MK11) has a Predator-like shoulder cannon and wrist blade -- obviously a character that was done in the last MK game.

Ed mentions Doomguy multiple times on Twitter.

Request for Doomguy to be in Mortal Kombat 11 hits the front page of Reddit with roughly 67k upvotes.

At this point, I really think it's going to happen. Doomguy is going to get in.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Another thing I realized. Ed retweeted an article about Doom's 25th anniversary, and MK11's description mentions how the story has been 25 years in the making -- sort of referencing their 25th anniversary that is this year.

Doomguy also uses (between the first game and Eternal) weapons/items like:
  • Shotgun -- While he has other weapons this one is arguably his primary. Lobo from Injustice and Jacqui from MKX have shotgun attacks. Lobo kinda had reload mechanics, also.
  • Chainsaw -- which they have tech for because of Leatherface.
  • Grappling Hook -- could probably work like Batman's from the Injustice series.
  • Sword -- I don't think NRS would have a problem making sword attacks, lol.
Doomguy doesn't even talk so they wouldn't have to worry about getting a voice actor.

Doom's multiplayer component let you customize your Doomguy and weapons, and MK11 will have customization so they will have something to look at while trying to figure out his Gear (or maybe even Shaders if those return).

Basically I think Doomguy could fit right in with the customization and would basically be Lobo, Jacqui, Predator, Leatherface, and Batman mixed together with new flair and stuff.

Last edited: