What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
You guys are wasting too much brainpower on something we have no possible control over. Yeah I'd love Noob and Jade and Fujin and Sareena. Jade especially, those who know me, know this.
But fuck it, I've yet to see whether my existing faves will be good or not, after the patch.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
So I am correct? Okay then lol.
there is no confirmation date as of now but we know the patch is same day as MKXLPC, and thats Oct 4th so we know its a day earlier or a few days befor maybe a week before patch. who knows till they announce it.

Kitanasbiggestfan

PSN: Roger_Melee I Steam: truesician
anyone who uses dumb reasons like that are just haters, most of the people who actually make those arguments i have later found they quit MKX a long time ago and hate the game, they most likely get off on making others angry. and are addicted to starting Drama.

KP3 would not take away from balance, they have learned alot from previous patches and the corse of this game, in fact they have learned how to balance better because they have made every mistake in the book and have DATA Records to prove it.

ive herd all sorts of bs resons not to add KP3 from users on TYM, ive herd adding guest characters is not viable because the game is dead. ive herd it would make the game unballanced. ive herd won't work because there is to many characters allready or the variation system does not work. they say shit that makes Zero sense just to piss you off on purpose, like i said, its becasue they like Starting Drama and seeing people react to it in a bad way. what better place than TYM with its groups of 20 people who run around making fun of specific members just to piss them off because they enjoy having fun at others expense and enjoy starting drama.

in a few days we are about to see a shit storm of drama on TYM just wait. the Tweedy thing here it comes. mark my words.
Mark your words? Are you for real? You're making huge assumptions based on zero evidence.

The evidence is that each KP worsened the balance. On the whole the Dlc characters were OP. Look at Tanya, Predator, Tremor, Alien and the effect these characters had on tournament play. You think we will get another balance patch after this one with Injustice 2 around the corner and with the popularity of MKX waning?

I don't want KP3 because the past has taught us that we will need another balance patch to sort out the game again. The last patch had to be patched twice pretty much immediately.

shura30

Shura
KP3 would not take away from balance, they have learned alot from previous patches and the corse of this game, in fact they have learned how to balance better because they have made every mistake in the book and have DATA Records to prove it.
I don't want to sound rude mate but LMAO

we're kinda scared of what happened with kp2, it's reasonable and with igau2 coming I hardly believe they had enough time for testing of the new chars to make them balanced from day one

a larger roster is unneeded at this point where a supposedly large portion of the game isn't even explored because viability
unless mkxl will be supported for more years even with igau2 under the spotlight tho

MadeOfMetal

I don't want to sound rude mate but LMAO

we're kinda scared of what happened with kp2, it's reasonable and with igau2 coming I hardly believe they had enough time for testing of the new chars to make them balanced from day one

a larger roster is unneeded at this point where a supposedly large portion of the game isn't even explored because viability
unless mkxl will be supported for more years even with igau2 under the spotlight tho
i think you guys are just freaking for no reason. They stated from the beginning that they would shift back and forth from Injustice 2 and MKXL. and thats there gameplan, just because I2 and MKXL will exsist together, they have enough people to manage both. And lol the people above made me laugh, i said thos things in another aspect, when i said we are lucky we have PC with KP2 is cuz shit turned into a shitstorm with that company fucking up the PC, and fixing that costs money and well WB. if thats not enough said, i know WB don't give to shits whats fair. and because we have NRS we have KP2 on PC now. pretty much seems to me that they are awesome for doing that. some may have built up aome hate for the PC problem, but some may not understand i was origanally PC when the game first came out. i quit using it because of the many problems it had because of that aweful company had no clue how to make that game work. so i got the PS4 and the Xb1 version. and i always say NRS is awesome because well, its my favort games, MK1,MK2,MK3/UMK3 and MK9 and now MKXL are my favorite fighters of all time. and i have enjoyed every one of them. apparently others do as well.

and you didn't sound rude, everyone has there own view point, so what if me and you or me and alot of people think differently about a game or company, does it matter, not really. I don't think any different of you for it. :)

I think not know that KP3 would be cool to add, and why i think it will be a success and be different is we have a full year of experence with patching. JAson was a perfect example of a DLC that was not OP and are any of them really op now aside from Alien, look at Bo Rai Cho, he is far from OP. i get why some have said that some DLC is always OP and then patch comes later, but it is possible they make 4 characters in KP3 and balance them just right, maybe not perfect but good enough for us to have an additional 4 characters to Lab learn and Love possibly main. it adds another Flavor to the game, more matchups and more content.

some may not like it or the idea, but it shows on Eds twitter that the community wants it without me saying it here. and well they would make alot of money from doing it. maybe the 20-100 people on here that don't want it may not buy it (i don't know how many people on here don't like the idea of KP3) so i randomized the number. but those people could just not buy them? thats a thought. or if they want the matchup experience on those 4 they could just find others who have them and get prtactice in that way. or they could cave and buy them.

I never said i know they are gonna do KP3 but its looking like it may happen, Ed usually hints by making fun of the idea, then a few weeks later makes a Riddle of it. then either confirms or just lets it out on a Kombat Kast or showing.

but now we have the Public Joke of KP3 right before a Huge massive Patch incomming with PC added to the loop. just seems possible, i really do hope so.

What i want most is really the Top Slightly nerfed and the bottom and Middle slightly buffed. and the Game mechanics helped like Block Breakers cost 1 bar, and Anti Airs across the board, and some JIP's toned down or characters given AA's that counter dumb Jump ins like Aliens JIP2 or Kotals JIP1. we know Alien has U+3 for AA's and Mileena has Delayed Roll for AA's and Ermac has D4 for AA's but the rest of the cast need those disjointed Hurtbox moves so they can deal with dumb JIP/JIK's

And on that, i truly believe MKXL will be supported for years to come. no need to worrie. some may go to Injustice but i know many will stay on MKXL thats for sure. and many will do both. the tournamet like EVo will die, but there will always still be TCW/FF/KCB/and all the other smaller tournaments and sureken you know what i mean. the tournamet scene will always survive hell i think some are still playing Smash bros Mele and older games, i even know of MK1/MK@/MK3 tournaments still going on today.

MadeOfMetal

I'm not sure what this has to do with the fact that there is no September 31st.
ok ill try to make you understand, somehow you missed what i was saying: well lets see. most the time, when they do a Kombat cast its a few days or the day before the actual patch or vice versa, on the times the Kombat kast was announced on a certain day it ranged from 1/2 days all the way to a week after the actual patch followed. now you get what i mean. they where asking what day is the Kombat Cast and i said well the Patch is confirmed and they are linked in history to be shortly after.

MadeOfMetal

I like nrs and mkxl but i prefer balanced gameplay among character, and i have phobia for new alien
np man i didnt mean you. i just said most, i know alot of people on here, and i hear them bitch about how much they hate MK and they come in here and dog on everything we talk about, like every idea is stupid. i wasnt talking about most the people in this thread. more so on other social sites and MK clubs.

If it was up to me, id Love KP3 but i can live without it as long as they Buff the under characters and tone down Alien, Sonya, Ermac, Tekada and a few others.

id like to see MOS Raiden, Cyrax, CSZ, Jacqui High tech, Goro, Kano Cybernetic,Unbreakable and a few others get buffed slightly it would be great, i have ideas of what i would like but not sure they will do it.

Like Sonya could have her Grenades not Detonate meaning they blow up on there own at a quick time after trown, which would hurt her zoning, or they could just go away on block and hit when she is hit/on block.

and Ermacs push not safe

Tekada Kuni EX, should not have so much time to hold, and it should only be long enough to have one HTB set, so he could not make it Both OH to LOW/LOW to OH. so it would be just one only, that would be more fair.

shit like that.

and the bottom getting slight buffs like maybe 3-6 each not 27 or 30 like before.

Kenshi needs buffs Triborg, and the shit variations.

And don't worrie about aline, he won't be aproblem after patch, im sure with all the hate he will be Ruined, thats how it works when people Tier whore a character. they get nerfed to the ground when they go cry to NRS. sadly thats the case, especcially when She/He is such a cool character. Predator Warrior needs some help. and damnit @SonicFox5000 and @YOMI REO need to quit posting X character is Broken, because you guys are gtting everything nerfed to shit, you guys realize your Vids/Post cause mass hysteria right?

shura30

Shura
I think not know that KP3 would be cool to add, and why i think it will be a success and be different is we have a full year of experence with patching. JAson was a perfect example of a DLC that was not OP and are any of them really op now aside from Alien, look at Bo Rai Cho, he is far from OP. i get why some have said that some DLC is always OP and then patch comes later, but it is possible they make 4 characters in KP3 and balance them just right, maybe not perfect but good enough for us to have an additional 4 characters to Lab learn and Love possibly main. it adds another Flavor to the game, more matchups and more content.
most of competitive playes would rather not deal with the same character lottery again
as I've said, there's a lot from the current roster that isn't even explored fully because the actual balance
everytime I see a new tech thread I ask 'why using this if you can just pick up alien and rape the opponent's mind?'

jason is an exampe I'd rather not use..basically an unviable character ascended to god because they patched random frames more than a year into the game where they should already have enough experience and meta knowledge
alien, lol, social network was already swarmed with 'coin toss' and 'lottery' they went added a character with that number of hit levels?

some may not like it or the idea, but it shows on Eds twitter that the community wants it without me saying it here.
KP3 would make perfect sense from a lot of standpoints but again, since competitive is what will keep this game alive in the long run
balance takes precedence

MadeOfMetal

most of competitive playes would rather not deal with the same character lottery again
as I've said, there's a lot from the current roster that isn't even explored fully because the actual balance
everytime I see a new tech thread I ask 'why using this if you can just pick up alien and rape the opponent's mind?'

jason is an exampe I'd rather not use..basically an unviable character ascended to god because they patched random frames more than a year into the game where they should already have enough experience and meta knowledge
alien, lol, social network was already swarmed with 'coin toss' and 'lottery' they went added a character with that number of hit levels?

KP3 would make perfect sense from a lot of standpoints but again, since competitive is what will keep this game alive in the long run
balance takes precedence
like i said, i don't care if they make KP3 but if they did they could make 4 Borai cho level characters, its kinda what i like is low tier characters with tons of potential. they don't have to make Broken ones. i just want new characters with different Combos and style, new moves and so on. they don't have to have HTB's/Cancel Pressure/Obseen range/or anything broken. just be a new character. Like Rain, Noob, Frost and so on.

but like i said, i would take Balance 100% over KP3. but i would be ok with both. Everyone expects them to make horrible problems, but honestly arnt they just gonna tier shift anyways? just nerf 5 characters and watch 5 more become the new Standard of OP. really thats what has happened every patch. and if they gonna do that then add 4 characters since a patch will have to come later!

and i respect your view on that Competative aspects keep it alive by adding more balance to MKXL, but you see my view and think of it this way, many are still playing UMK3 and that thing is a OP nightmare. there is no balance whatso ever. but its also fun? who knows maybe there is no way to make the perfect fighter that pleases all. but all i know is ill be happy with a few buffs and a few small slight nerfs, and possibly more characters to fuck around with.