What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Doesn't matter, what matters is that something is coming, and it can't be bad. I am pretty sure they were working on a patch and it's not like they've started last week. Remember the netcode, nobody saw it coming ... the news was out when the netcode was ready.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Ed didn't post the picture with the Scorpion that said 6:35 on it. It was HalfAnArt or Twitter, Ed was replying to her or something.

Also, Decays Sonic Fox art work is great. I remember seeing it when it had no colour and was a drawing. Now it's like, coloured and animated. Looking suuuper awesome now. Nice work Decay! :)

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Since when is a balance patch a big news or hype worthy? a patch is a patch regardless of how much you want it or good changes you expect from it and it's not to be compared to GGPO. Big news is something to be added to the game, If the patch includes a new 4th variation for every character (like triborg) that'd make it big. Otherwise all this hype build up was uncalled for.

Scott The Scot

Since when is a balance patch a big news or hype worthy? a patch is a patch regardless of how much you want it or good changes you expect from it and it's not to be compared to GGPO. Big news is something to be added to the game, If the patch includes a new 4th variation for every character (like triborg) that'd make it big. Otherwise all this hype build up was uncalled for.
That's your opinion. A patch is big news for some people. Especially this far into the games life.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
That's your opinion. A patch is big news for some people. Especially this far into the games life.
Unless it brings a drastic changes to the game as a whole like new mechanics or whatnot then it's nothing big or even news. Thinking that it's big news is the opinion here, game life is irrelevant since the game ain't dead yet and it's expected to receive a patch to fix all the uncovered bugs.

Scott The Scot

Unless it brings a drastic changes to the game as a whole like new mechanics or whatnot then it's nothing big or even news. Thinking that it's big news is the opinion here, game life is irrelevant since the game ain't dead yet and it's expected to receive a patch to fix all the uncovered bugs.
Balance changes is big news to some people. What are you struggling to understand? You may not think it's big news unless it's new mechanics, but to some people a new balance patch at this stage in the games life AFTER Injustice 2 has been revealed... It's big news to them. Same way that some people thought the NRS Evo pot bonus was huge news and some people thought it was just 'whatever'.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
A Patch is definitely huge news especially since most people thought they were done patching the game a while ago.
Agreed.

I was one of the people saying not everything is "big news" and not everyone should be expected to think everything is big news, but I think a patch qualifies as big for a lot of the people playing the game at this point (dare I say even most?). It's most certainly significant news, and if people want to call it big news, I think that is fair.

A patch alone might still feel a little underwhelming to me personally with all the hype chatter going around, but with actual talk about there being a PC version of MKX in existence (for the first time since XL) and heavy suggestion that there could be updates there, I would also consider that big news if it goes down. That may be because I dumped 400 hours or so into that version, but I would be into it.

Honestly, most all of the theories sound pretty good to me right now. Patches, PC, characters? All of that sounds pretty good. Though patching does bring in a level of anxiety not found in some of the other goodies.

Balance changes is big news to some people. What are you struggling to understand? You may not think it's big news unless it's new mechanics, but to some people a new balance patch at this stage in the games life AFTER Injustice 2 has been revealed... It's big news to them. Same way that some people thought the NRS Evo pot bonus was huge news and some people thought it was just 'whatever'.
So if a patch is that big of a news then why didn't he announce it that way for all the other 20 patches that happened before? I don't ever recall Ed hyping up news like this for a mere balance patch.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So if a patch is that big of a news then why didn't he announce it that way for all the other 20 patches that happened before? I don't ever recall Ed hyping up news like this for a mere balance patch.
"mere balance patch" It would be the first balance patch for the game in 4 months, for a game where patches would come about once a month that's a pretty big deal. Especially if said patch actually finally addressed a lot of the problems with the game that've been there even since day 1.

Scott The Scot

I never said anything about Ed hyping something up or it being big to NRS. I'm saying a patch is big news to some people. That's it.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Patch is big because almost the whole community thought mkx balance task was over.

And there are precedents of nrs hyping people with patches. There was even a kombat kast fully dedicated to reading patch notes.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Unless it brings a drastic changes to the game as a whole like new mechanics.
Listen you 5$ Judge!, I don't want to sound like a dick but based on what You're sayin', You have no idea about game nor what patches means. Who the Fuck are to say what is, and whats not a big news! For Christ sake, go play Pokemon Go, You may find what you r looking for.

trufenix

bye felicia
injustices last (real) patch came with zero characters, but had no shortage of teases from multiple staff members, and even had its own dedicated live stream. A patch is definitely "big" news to nrs.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
I hope this "patch" comes out before summer jam. I'd love to see other characters win/make top 8. Something to bring back some hype.