What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition

M2Dave

Zoning Master
If they wanna nerf him so bad , ok nerf his guns but buff smth else instead
The early rumor is more total recovery and start up frames on low gun shots. If true, Deathstroke will definitely go from top 10 to bottom 15. At a high level, low gun shots are Deathstroke's best special move due to meter building.

Injustice seems like a very good game, but NRS always finds a way to botch something. No one wants a two week patch and no one wants Batgirl.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
The rumor I heard was they were just lowering his chip damage a bit. I don't think he should be nerfed at all, but that would at least leave him playable.

If they make his recovery any worse, he won't even be kind of viable. Having amazing zoning is the only thing that lets him compete against characters like Aquaman, Grundy, Bane, and Black Adam. He already gets outzoned by Sinestro and Cyborg, goes pretty even with Superman and Ares, and can even get outzoned by Nightwing due to the crazy block advantage on Ground Burst. Taking anything away from Deathstroke's zoning game won't balance the character; it will neuter him completely.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Are people still talking about nerfing this character? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

The rumor I heard was they were just lowering his chip damage a bit. I don't think he should be nerfed at all, but that would at least leave him playable.

If they make his recovery any worse, he won't even be kind of viable. Having amazing zoning is the only thing that lets him compete against characters like Aquaman, Grundy, Bane, and Black Adam. He already gets outzoned by Sinestro and Cyborg, goes pretty even with Superman and Ares, and can even get outzoned by Nightwing due to the crazy block advantage on Ground Burst. Taking anything away from Deathstroke's zoning game won't balance the character; it will neuter him completely.
I'm sorry to say this, but superman is a bad mu against DS. Yeah they go even on zoning, but that advantage rushdown though... Jesus christ! Can't do anything to get out aside from push block and when you have no meter your fucked.

Deathstroke is mid tier. I see him from 10-12th on the character list, but as the game progresses he either will stay the same or go down the list. TBH he has a large coverage of the screen, but his zoning doesn't really "CONTROL" anything. You either eat some chip and advance or get shot and advance. No pushback, no knock down, no plus on hit (at least to my knowledge). Wiff guns can be punished or allow opponent to advance forward. Rifle and EX Rifle on block allow an opponent to get a free dash in. Last, but not least, his zoning midscreen and closer is completely unsafe.

In my honest opinion he has his share of bad Mu's (Like 5-6 imho atm), but can still compete with a large amount of the cast. He is a character that requires a good amount of yomi and good fundamentals in spacing and zoning to best your opponent. Basically don't be me b/c when I fuck up I get mad at myself and fail for the rest of the day, haha!

M2Dave

Zoning Master

He will be Kano 2.0 if anything frame related gets changed.

But my hopes are not high. NRS has been very incompetent with these balance tweaks.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I will copy my msg to dave

DS is good as he is now and its not our fault that online scrubs dont know how to dash and block low and its not reason to nerf him. If someone is not total idiot its not so easy to win with DS ( maybe a few characters are screwed vs him but everyone have their bad MUs , just counterpick lol I like challenges ;) )

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I will copy my msg to dave

DS is good as he is now and its not our fault that online scrubs dont know how to dash and block low and its not reason to nerf him. If someone is not total idiot its not so easy to win with DS ( maybe a few characters are screwed vs him but everyone have their bad MUs , just counterpick lol I like challenges ;) )
I keep saying this on facebook, but this is what happens when you let casual players get into the fighting game scene. Ignorance, ignorance everywhere.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I have not played MK in a long while.

If NRS botches this patch, I am done with their games for a while. Not going to UFGT and not going to Evolution. I am tired of their incompetence.
You complain about whining but really, you are right up there with all the other whiners. You just whine from the other side lol.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The early rumor is more total recovery and start up frames on low gun shots. If true, Deathstroke will definitely go from top 10 to bottom 15. At a high level, low gun shots are Deathstroke's best special move due to meter building.

Injustice seems like a very good game, but NRS always finds a way to botch something. No one wants a two week patch and no one wants Batgirl.
i heard they were removing low gun all together and giving it to batgirl
Kappa

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You complain about whining but really, you are right up there with all the other whiners. You just whine from the other side lol.
Yes, I do because I want to play a good game, even after the casual fan base moves on to the next thing.

Or do you want to play another game where Sub Zero does 30% of damage mid screen while someone like Cyrax does 90%?