What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition

M2Dave

Zoning Master
it is not the same with deathstroke, casual players dont spam with doomsday, KF or Raven, if you chek gamefaqs and other forums you will not notice too much talk about them, it is deathstroke that bring the issue and generate the complaints because it is easy for casuals to spam with the guns. Using Doomsday, KF or Raven is not that easy for them.
If you tone down Deathstroke, they will complain about something else next month. I have been playing fighting games for a long time and I know what to expect.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
it is not the same with deathstroke, casual players dont spam with doomsday, KF or Raven, if you chek gamefaqs and other forums you will not notice too much talk about them, it is deathstroke that bring the issue and generate the complaints because it is easy for casuals to spam with the guns. Using Doomsday, KF or Raven is not that easy for them.
Lot's of stuff in week one goes under the radar of casual players (and for a lot longer than the first week too in a lot of cases). I don't know exactly how good Deathstroke is, and I appreciate his type of zoning looks irritating, but to be honest, from what I have seen, I'll take him over Kabal any day for the rest of my life.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
If you tone down Deathstroke, they will complain about something else next month. I have been playing fighting games for a long time and I know what to expect.
People will always complain, but it is the amount of people that matters, IIRC angryjoe's review (for casual players) mentions the deathstroke issue, if the issue affect a big part of the casual community then it is a problem to be solved.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Lot's of stuff in week one goes under the radar of casual players (and for a lot longer than the first week too in a lot of cases). I don't know exactly how good Deathstroke is, and I appreciate his type of zoning looks irritating, but to be honest, from what I have seen, I'll take him over Kabal any day for the rest of my life.
it is not about you and how you perceived deathstroke, is about how a big part of casual players see it.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
it is not about you and how you perceived deathstroke, is about how a big part of casual players see it.
This is why TYM exists in some ways. This should be a place of serious discussion and good information to help players of all standards to deal with whatever issues they're having. This is a fighting game, not call of duty, you're going to have to work a lot harder to figure things out in depth. Casuals can play as casually or as competitively as they so choose. I don't understand why you think casuals complaining about a champion in the first week is reason to nerf them.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
People will always complain, but it is the amount of people that matters, IIRC angryjoe's review (for casual players) mentions the deathstroke issue, if the issue affect a big part of the casual community then it is a problem to be solved.
NRS already got their money,what are they gonna do?Trade it in at Gamestop for 15 bucks good luck with that plan.They shouldn't nerf a character because a bunch of online players say hes OP.Learn how to overcome it injustice's practice mode is far better then mk9 so they cant make that excuse.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
lol @ ds getting nerfed when cyborgs projectile game is 10x better. if he gets nerfed, a year down the road anyone who thought ds was too good are going to be feeling very stupid. theres like 20 things in this game that could be nerfed before even thinking about touching ds, not that i think anything [intended] should change.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
This is why TYM exists in some ways. This should be a place of serious discussion and good information to help players of all standards to deal with whatever issues they're having. This is a fighting game, not call of duty, you're going to have to work a lot harder to figure things out in depth. Casuals can play as casually or as competitively as they so choose. I don't understand why you think casuals complaining about a champion in the first week is reason to nerf them.
Casual that complain week 1 will still complain week 2,3,4 etc 'cause being casual players they dont hit the lab and start practicing just to get close enough to deathstroke, they will get bored and start to trade or sell the game. I think the "pros" and all the "talented fighting game players" should see this issue as an opportunity to propose how could be the changes instead of proposing no changes at all, but I agree that it is too soon for that.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Casual that complain week 1 will still complain week 2,3,4 etc 'cause being casual players they dont hit the lab and start practicing just to get close enough to deathstroke, they will get bored and start to trade or sell the game. I think the "pros" and all the "talented fighting game players" should see this issue as an opportunity to propose how could be the changes instead of proposing no changes at all, but I agree that it is too soon for that.
It doesn't make sense to make changes based on the fact a number of people couldn't be bothered to learn how to fight vs a specific champion. If that's the case, just take all unique attributes out of the game and give everybody the same moveset so those who were too lazy to understand each champions strengths and weaknesses can just run at each other over and over and hit buttons and hope.

The ironic thing is, a game like that wouldn't appeal to those people either.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So what you're saying is we need to hold people hands and teach them how to beat our character? Last time I checked that was their job not mines. I'm not going to rub their belly and tell em everything is gonna be okay.

What I'm saying is if you're tired of complaining one of the best ways to stop it would be to contribute in helping explore the character.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
It doesn't make sense to make changes based on the fact a number of people couldn't be bothered to learn how to fight vs a specific champion. If that's the case, just take all unique attributes out of the game and give everybody the same moveset so those who were too lazy to understand each champions strengths and weaknesses can just run at each other over and over and hit buttons and hope.

The ironic thing is, a game like that wouldn't appeal to those people either.
ok

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
someone said casuals don't ask for much... unfortunately that's not true... the basis is the COD dudebro's that if they can't get in and smash buttons looking cool then they won't play. they won't learn to beat DS... they won't learn to beat aquaman doing the same thing... or supes... of KF mounds of bull shit. I'm still not sure why DS is getting so much salt to scrubs when there is more bs out there right now. and still.... NONE OF IT NEEDS NERFED RIGHT NOW!!! it's too early. it might need nerfed later but we don't know yet. the casuals will buy the game... play it as much as they were going to anyway... i don't think DS is going to ruin them any faster. I do think the ranking matchmaking needs fixed... can't pick region? the cauals will demand DS nerf... then they'll run into cyborg being played more... then demand that nerf... its happened nearly every... single.... game... also the casuals that bought the game already bought it. nrs got their money.. it's not like they were going to buy a second copy... the ones that stick around and get ALL the DLC is the serious ones. casuals won't take the time to learn top tier tactics a year from now they will want top tier tactics nerfed...

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
someone said casuals don't ask for much...
that someone is me.
unfortunately that's not true... the basis is the COD dudebro's that if they can't get in and smash buttons looking cool then they won't play. they won't learn to beat DS... they won't learn to beat aquaman doing the same thing... or supes... of KF mounds of bull shit. I'm still not sure why DS is getting so much salt to scrubs when there is more bs out there right now. and still.... NONE OF IT NEEDS NERFED RIGHT NOW!!! it's too early. it might need nerfed later but we don't know yet. the casuals will buy the game... play it as much as they were going to anyway... i don't think DS is going to ruin them any faster. I do think the ranking matchmaking needs fixed... can't pick region? the cauals will demand DS nerf... then they'll run into cyborg being played more... then demand that nerf... its happened nearly every... single.... game...
ok.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
ah kewl... i couldn't remember. like I said it might need nerfed later but I believe it's really too early to tell what needs balanced... and there is worse stuff than DS by a far margin... I hope the casual crowd proves me wrong but it hasn't let me down yet. not what I want mind you but it just is what it is. :(

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
I dont use DS. He's a great character.
I'm against ANY nerfs in a game that hasn't been out for at least 3 months....
1st fix bugs.
then after players actually know what they are doing , netherrealms might make polls to see what needs to be twiked.
Whining about a character just because 90% of noob spammers use him is stupid. Any good player can get past DS zoning.

IMO DS's Sword distance is the key...And any good DS player knows that the Guns and the AR are just a long range pressure tech,but not a winning strategy...

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
Problem with the character is a majority of its players who will just get into a corner and shoot. Guns, guns, guns all day loooong...

Do not blame others for the fate of DS, blame the kids who just spam gunfire all day long, forsaking all other moves. Sounds to me instead of stretching out the coalition of DS, you need to police up your own scrub players.
I'd just not play online or try to out spam them with Shazam,Superman etc...

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
EXACTLY!!!! HAVE YOU SEEN MORRIGAN FROM UMVC PEOPLE!!!!?
People still play against that shit. Wanna know why? They play to learn! Noob vs. Kabal was a 3-7 MU in mk9. Did I bitch and give up every time I played REO in casuals? NO! I tried my fucking best to beat him.
Except that community's been begging Capcom for a patch for awhile now.

THANK YOU!!!!

Yeah, but watching this video you can easily figure out that from half-fullscreen you can block and dash in. You will end up taking like 6-8% in chip damage by the time you get int, but doesn't that happen in sf against characters like sagat, guile, and dhalsim?
Yeah but in SF players are used to dealing with ZONING characters. Just adapt people. Id like to join this coalition. Im a DS player with more rush down than zoning.. Just like my Sagat in every SF game
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2