What's new

The Darkseid Combo Repository (No Gear)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Long time lurker here, first post:

I just started maining Darkseid a few days ago and I'm having trouble with the timing on- B3, J2, J3, df3. I usually miss the j3 or if I do land, they're out of range for df3. In practice I'll get it like, 3 times out of 100.
Is it my timing? Or? I've thought about trying to use the analog stick primarily for this combo. Any help is appreciated
Try doing b+3 -> j.3 -> j.2 -> stomp, which does slightly more damage than doing j.2 first and makes the stomp more consistent to connect.

What are yall doing off an anti air d2? I'm not sure what to do so I've just been doing d2 > 112. I found you can combo into stomp and then b3 and then other stuff, but it scales so bad I'm not sure it's worth it. Seems better to save the bar for another combo later that's off a more favorable starter.

geezy89

Weekend Warrior
What are yall doing off an anti air d2? I'm not sure what to do so I've just been doing d2 > 112. I found you can combo into stomp and then b3 and then other stuff, but it scales so bad I'm not sure it's worth it. Seems better to save the bar for another combo later that's off a more favorable starter.
I'll instant air stomp for the damage I think its enough to make it worth it personally. I also like doing 22 df2. Does a little more damage and gives me a chance to activate trait.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Not sure if there is a more recent combo list somewhere but a lot of the ones in the OP seem sub optimal. This is probably already known but when launching off mb df3 or b1u3 mb, you can connect b3 very low to the ground allowing for a j3 j3xxdf3 followup which does more damage.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Not sure if there is a more recent combo list somewhere but a lot of the ones in the OP seem sub optimal. This is probably already known but when launching off mb df3 or b1u3 mb, you can connect b3 very low to the ground allowing for a j3 j3xxdf3 followup which does more damage.
Between the timings of the late b3, the first jump, and the tiny cancel window into the df3, I find there's too much risk for the little bit of extra damage. I've had my whiffed second jump lose to wake ups too. It looks pretty nice tho, and very satisfying if you can pull it off consistently. At my best I was getting it 50% of the time tho.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Between the timings of the late b3, the first jump, and the tiny cancel window into the df3, I find there's too much risk for the little bit of extra damage. I've had my whiffed second jump lose to wake ups too. It looks pretty nice tho, and very satisfying if you can pull it off consistently. At my best I was getting it 50% of the time tho.
Eh its really not that tight a link, you just need to practice it. The trick is getting the b3 to connect as low as possible, and doing the first j3 very deep.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Eh its really not that tight a link, you just need to practice it. The trick is getting the b3 to connect as low as possible, and doing the first j3 very deep.
Yeah, perhaps I'll go back and experiment. The one thing I do find helpful is that there is plenty of time to evaluate how low the b3 hits; if it isn't low enough, I go for the safe damage.

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
Found out on reading tick throws you can nj2 (instant air) df3 (MB b3 j3 j2df3)

The regular is for 214
MB is for 380
***Damage values against swamp thing.

Okay edited to set correct damages.

NOTE: It's possible to j3df3 for more damage, but it's less consistent and a tighter input so I stick with that

Last edited:
Nice, so how has MUs been for you guys since the patch? Superman and Black Adam are notably more tamer, one mistake wont out right kill you. I haven't fought enough AMs or SGs to give an adequate assessment, however, most of nerfs topeard the top of the cast are welcomed and keep you a live a lot longer to mix.

I was curious about mind games/tools you guys like to utilize to make your opponent hesitate?

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
Nice, so how has MUs been for you guys since the patch? Superman and Black Adam are notably more tamer, one mistake wont out right kill you. I haven't fought enough AMs or SGs to give an adequate assessment, however, most of nerfs topeard the top of the cast are welcomed and keep you a live a lot longer to mix.

I was curious about mind games/tools you guys like to utilize to make your opponent hesitate?
I'm a bit newer to darkseid but I can tell you what I do. First I make people respect my parademon, use it as a zoning tool with both regular (OH) and straight demon. Then I mix up with teleport after a straight demon. If they begin respecting that I'll start teleporting without first sending the parademon so I can get a safe mix. As for respecting your strings I'd recommend throwing in a teleport cancel here and there just to confuse people. Watch some videos in that thread, you'll see people f23xxteleport IAteleport j2 mix. Another thing I do is on oki jump over them like you're going to crossup, teleport j2 mix. Or just regular j2xxteleport.

Just be tricky and never ever get into a pattern and people will never know what you'll do. It makes them afraid to disrespect your (kinda shitty) strings.

E

Eldriken

Ever since I started using s2 after a d1 on hit, I stopped complaining about being disrespected. It doesn't happen anymore. lol

I'm a bit newer to darkseid but I can tell you what I do. First I make people respect my parademon, use it as a zoning tool with both regular (OH) and straight demon. Then I mix up with teleport after a straight demon. If they begin respecting that I'll start teleporting without first sending the parademon so I can get a safe mix. As for respecting your strings I'd recommend throwing in a teleport cancel here and there just to confuse people. Watch some videos in that thread, you'll see people f23xxteleport IAteleport j2 mix. Another thing I do is on oki jump over them like you're going to crossup, teleport j2 mix. Or just regular j2xxteleport.

Just be tricky and never ever get into a pattern and people will never know what you'll do. It makes them afraid to disrespect your (kinda shitty) strings.

Interesting, I usually try to play particularly safe and avoid utilizing gimmicks. But you opened my eyes to possibilities of doing so to avoid patterns and give him more mix opportunities.

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
Ever since I started using s2 after a d1 on hit, I stopped complaining about being disrespected. It doesn't happen anymore. lol
Absolutely true, however if he block you have no real finish that's safe. Db1 is -15, df2 whiffs on duck. You can stop at 21 (not sure what frame data is off hand) but it leaves you close, where darkseid is probably weakest. You could finish with bf3MB, +2 is great, but no different than d1 on hit essentially.

I'm not saying don't s2, check them if they're disrespecting, but don't expect to win by checking a good player all match in a set of 3.

Interesting, I usually try to play particularly safe and avoid utilizing gimmicks. But you opened my eyes to possibilities of doing so to avoid patterns and give him more mix opportunities.
I think it's all about your opponent. I'll feel my match out in the first life bar. If they're eating lasers and are impatient I'll zone all day, if they know how to get in I'll make them work their way in and use trait to force respect for a mix. Mix fails and they know to punish? Alright, slow it down and use trait for safety in the mix.

E

Eldriken

You check with 223 or 21 into db1 or knee. Or you don't end 21 into anything. Up to you.

Darkseid doesn't get much off of a check, but it's better than being disrespected and can allow him to set himself up again for a mixup.

You check with 223 or 21 into db1 or knee. Or you don't end 21 into anything. Up to you.

Darkseid doesn't get much off of a check, but it's better than being disrespected and can allow him to set himself up again for a mixup.
Awesome, I'll implement this into my game plan. I know he doesn't have any staggers per say but what are some gimmicks you like to utilize? Perhaps it's best to play it safe after a d1 on hit?

E

Eldriken

Awesome, I'll implement this into my game plan. I know he doesn't have any staggers per say but what are some gimmicks you like to utilize? Perhaps it's best to play it safe after a d1 on hit?
I always play it safe after a d1 on hit. People like pressing buttons too damn much. lol

E

Eldriken

You mean Robin players? :DOGE

Bro, did you really end the match with 4xf3s? :eek:

I noticed your s2 check after d1 great work btw.
I end a lot of matches with f3/b3. xD I love my unclashable damage.

I had no idea that was even being streamed. Good thing I didn't look free af. =P